Burke Williams Massage Therapist Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burke Williams

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inglewood, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burke Williams in October 2013.

I received a call from the HR rep based out of their Inglewood training center after I had applied for the massage therapist job through their website. I think it took about 10 days for them to get back to me from the time I submitted my online application. The rep conducted a short screening interview over the phone which lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. She then invited me to attend their "open interview" that they have every week on Tuesdays. She had called me on a Monday so the interview was to take place the very next day. Like all face to face interviews, I was nervous and was not sure if the interviewer could sense that from me. I didn't have to wait too long as I was the only massage therapist who showed up that particular morning for the open interview (all other candidates who were there were trying out for other jobs). The entire interview lasted approximately 25 minutes. The person that I met with was very friendly and professional, but like all HR personnel who I've interviewed with at past jobs, she did seem a little robotic. With that said, I couldn't really tell how the interview was going. At the end of the interview the HR rep told me that she would be getting back to me by the end of the week to let me know if they needed me to come back for the next phase, which would be the hands on practical. I did receive an email on Friday of the same week following my interview only to be informed that another candidate was selected to move forward with for the training program. What baffles me now is that it is almost 2 weeks later and I have found that they have reposted the same job for the same location that I applied for on GetMassageTherapyjobs.com (the new post date was Nov 1st). Clearly, I'm now under the impression that the HR rep felt compelled to lie to me about the position being filled instead of telling me the truth. What that truth may be I am seeing this as a blessing in disguise since this company only received approximately 3 out of 5 stars based on reviews from their former and/or current employees.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose massage therapy?   Answer Question
  • What was the most difficult situation that you were faced with and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burke Williams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burke Williams in August 2008.

My interview was over the phone, easy going, affable, but lengthy. Booked an in-house health exam and required massage

Massage Therapist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burke Williams in February 2011.

Part 1 Interview: Dress Business Professional and be prepared to perform a 20-25 demonstration. (Bring your massage clothes to change into- make sure it is conservative- no low cut tops, shorts, or whatever casual thing you may massage your personal clients with) BW is a professional and conservative company.
    BE CAMTC certified or in the process of that you can prove.... If you are considered, they will contact the references you provide.
    Part 2: Interview at the location you will be hired at....dress professionally as well. Usually no demo since the recruiter tested you out.
    Both interviews ask the basic... why did you become a MT, what courses, where have you worked previous etc... BW will give new MT a chance so don't not apply because you don't have spa experience. It is about how you present yourself and what you are willing to learn.
    BW does do therapeutic work but you will be expected to "enhance" your guest and there are quotas. So keep in mind you will have to come to terms with being ok on selling/upgrading to specific spa treatments to techniques such as from a swedish to a DT etc...

If you are hired.... you will go through their training in the corporate office. Make sure you can afford or save some money for it. The training is nearly full-time for about 4 weeks at minimum wage. Approx. 6 to 6.5 hours 5 days a week in Culver City, CA... it can be a hit to your income but if this is the place you want to be then just do it but I think that people should really think about this portion of it prior to applying so you can be financially prepared.

Interview Questions
    N/A- BW pay is based on commission plus a "point" scale or minimum wage... which ever is higher at the end of your shift... this is pretty standard in regards to commission vs. minimum wage if you have a slow night.... but it will be explained during the interview.....