Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2013.

The first round interview was after my school career fair with the HR director and an assistant buyer..typical interview asking questions about previous experiences, working in a group setting, why I chose my major, what interested me about off price retailing/burlington in general, etc. etc. The HR Director and assistant buyer were extremely nice and made the interview seem like it was just a normal conversation. I was notified the following day inviting me to the headquarters for a second round of interviews with a few DMM's. That was the following week. All of the DMM's were nice, some were more personal than others, but again, they were easygoing. They just wanted to see who you really are. I was told I would get an answer by the end of the week. It was Friday and I had not heard anything, so I emailed the HR director who invited me to interview and she said they would need the next week to make final decisions. I have still not received any offer or rejection.

Interview Questions
  • Why Burlington? Explain your internship experience? Asked about competitors   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The recruiter was very persistent; she felt she would be able to secure me a position at the company. However after going on more than several interviews with different buyers from various departments I was told that I was overqualified for all of the Assistant Buyer positions that I interviewed for and underqualified for the Buyer positions. They informed me that they promote within the company. I would have liked to have known this information early on in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a classification that you managed that was struggling. How did you turn around the business in this classification?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2009.

Called by HR then went in for face to face with head of planning, 2 buyers and 2 DM's. Received offer 2 days later.

No negotiation was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

Had one interview with the buyer and GMM. Recieved a call promptly.

No negotiation

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!