Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Applied online got a call back. Within 2 weeks, interviwed and waited for a online survey was h8red about 1 month after interview because. The manager wanted to wait until after easter.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Though its a 1on1 interview, someone might also be in there. I was nice and they're really comfortable to talk with. They do don't show off as intimidating which makes it a whole lot easier for the person being interview. The questions were quite easy thankfully.

Interview Questions
    • If customer was coming to you very mad and yelling at you, how would you take care of it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Easy group interview, very relaxed ! Started off with the job details and store regulations and policies, made sure availability was correct (have weekends open if applying for seasonal) got asked simple questions. . . nothing hard, was told will hear back with in 3-5 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Questions
    • 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The application was typical.I was called back a few days after submitting and was asked questions about my availability and why I left my last job. I scheduled an interview the next day and the manager interviewing me was extremely nice. We talked for a while after discussing my position. I was offered it right on the spot and was told they would do a background check even though I told her I had other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • She only asked me a couple of simple questions like "Tell me when you went above and beyond for a customer".   View Answer

I received another job offer that paid more. However, this place seems like a great place to work! Everyone was friendly and seemed to get along really well. They offer such great discounts even for your friends and family!

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2014.

Applied one day, called to inquire about application status the next. Store manager called me in for an interview that day, and I was hired on the spot. Simple, conversational, short interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Minimum wage $7.25

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Minimum wage,No negotiaition

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Well I applied online, and I got called the next day to come in for an interview on a Monday. When I got to the interview it was a group interview, so about 15 of us went into one room and someone asked us question like first lets start with who everyone is and what they do and like to do. Then we all said why we wanted to work for the company and why we would be a good candidate. then if hired when was the best working hours for us all. I got hired and i was told to come in that Friday to work.