Burlington Coat Factory Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I walked in and went to the registers to ask for the hiring manager. One of the cashiers said that the hiring manager is on lunch break, so I looked around the store as I waited. When I went back, I realized that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I asked a different cashier and finally got a hold of the manager. When I finally got to the interview, it was pretty generic. None of the questions were that difficult and I was asked to clarify some of the stuff that was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you have received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bellingham, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two ladies, both of them very nice, in a little office. It was very casual and friendly. They went over my availability, asked me some questions, talked about what a cashier does and what working for the company is like, and offered me the job on the spot. It was very laid back and fun for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you got good customer service and one where you got bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were not able to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (West Allis, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

It went very fast I had an interview with two women one at a time. They asked the basic interview questions they said that they liked my personality and i seemed eger to start working and they liked that so then I was hired on the spot. I took the offer i asked a couple questions about working at their store and about wage. Next day I filled out my background check information they called and gave me my orientation date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy, the manager just asked me about my availability, if i can work with a minimum wage, if i had a work history, and the next thing i know i was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations i had to work anywhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Painless. It was like all other retail jobs. You do have to call to check on the application process. The background check takes some time, so expect that to hold up the process

Interview Questions

• The normal questions you seem to get in all retail   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you would handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a different job it is hard, they want open availability for all their positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Fresno, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was friendly, fast, clean. The store was organized and I liked how everyone greeted me at the door with smiles!! Working there now I did not get the job that i applied for but i am learning different areas and its great for my resume. It is a part time job only and i indeed need additional hours or job!!

Interview Questions

• Why did i choose burlington   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

pretty much the easiest interview i ever had. I had a group interview with me and another girl and soon as we sat down she pretty much already gave us the job. She explained to us exactly what we would be doing, pay, and work entire, and then said your hired. She was going to ask us the basic interview questions but said our "personality" did it for her. Pretty much all you have to do is smile a lot and be available on weekends and you got the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day for an interview. I laughed at the horrible jokes and wore a very plain sweater with dress pants and just did my hair/makeup simply. It was maybe the next day or day after, I was called and asked to accept the position. I did horrible in the interview and never expected to hear back. I started at 8 in the morning the next day. First 3 days, I worked 10 hours each. You always begin training on a Saturday (worst day ever. It's like a stress test.)

Interview Questions

• What philoposphy do you live by?   1 Answer
    • Why did you work at your previous job for such a short time?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a name you prefer other than your real?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What makes a bad work environment?   1 Answer
    • Did you go to college and what for? Do you plan to go back?   Answer Question
    • How long do you plan on working for us?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • What kind of work environment is ideal?   1 Answer
    • How far do you live?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You negotiate nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I applied the 14 & got an interview for the 25th i applied on my computer. It was very easy dress appropriate & make sure your hair is done

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Burlington?   1 Answer