Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I applied the 14 & got an interview for the 25th i applied on my computer. It was very easy dress appropriate & make sure your hair is done

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Burlington?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online got a call back. Within 2 weeks, interviwed and waited for a online survey was h8red about 1 month after interview because. The manager wanted to wait until after easter.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

Though its a 1on1 interview, someone might also be in there. I was nice and they're really comfortable to talk with. They do don't show off as intimidating which makes it a whole lot easier for the person being interview. The questions were quite easy thankfully.

Interview Questions

• If customer was coming to you very mad and yelling at you, how would you take care of it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy group interview, very relaxed ! Started off with the job details and store regulations and policies, made sure availability was correct (have weekends open if applying for seasonal) got asked simple questions. . . nothing hard, was told will hear back with in 3-5 days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Interview

I applied online. I don't remember how long they took to call for an interview. At the interview he didn't really ask me anything honestly. He just talked about what he expect from me as a cashier.

Negotiation

He said no negotiations $8.25 && thats it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I was initially interviewing for a Cashier position. I interviewed with the assistant manager and general manager who where very nice. They suggested that with my availability that I should be a stock person. I had to get a background check afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for the position?   1 Answer
    • Explain a specific situation where you had a difficult experience with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They told me I would be getting $8 an hour which was fine with me.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Fullerton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Questions

• 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

The application was typical.I was called back a few days after submitting and was asked questions about my availability and why I left my last job. I scheduled an interview the next day and the manager interviewing me was extremely nice. We talked for a while after discussing my position. I was offered it right on the spot and was told they would do a background check even though I told her I had other interviews.

Interview Questions

• She only asked me a couple of simple questions like "Tell me when you went above and beyond for a customer".   1 Answer

I received another job offer that paid more. However, this place seems like a great place to work! Everyone was friendly and seemed to get along really well. They offer such great discounts even for your friends and family!