Burlington Coat Factory Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

15 interviews

1.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Minimum wage,No negotiaition

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Questions
    • 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The application was typical.I was called back a few days after submitting and was asked questions about my availability and why I left my last job. I scheduled an interview the next day and the manager interviewing me was extremely nice. We talked for a while after discussing my position. I was offered it right on the spot and was told they would do a background check even though I told her I had other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • She only asked me a couple of simple questions like "Tell me when you went above and beyond for a customer".   View Answer

I received another job offer that paid more. However, this place seems like a great place to work! Everyone was friendly and seemed to get along really well. They offer such great discounts even for your friends and family!

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Well I applied online, and I got called the next day to come in for an interview on a Monday. When I got to the interview it was a group interview, so about 15 of us went into one room and someone asked us question like first lets start with who everyone is and what they do and like to do. Then we all said why we wanted to work for the company and why we would be a good candidate. then if hired when was the best working hours for us all. I got hired and i was told to come in that Friday to work.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2014.

Applied one day, called to inquire about application status the next. Store manager called me in for an interview that day, and I was hired on the spot. Simple, conversational, short interview.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2012.

The interview process was pretty basic they asked the same questions that are asked in the application online and they ask about your past work experiences the pros and cons.

Interview Questions
    • I cant really remember but there weren't any questions that you couldn't provide a quick response to.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Minimum wage $7.25

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

I applied online, and a couple days later I got a call asking to come in for an interview. I showed up about 5 minutes early, and it took about another 10 minutes to get to my interviewer because they were so busy. I met with the Cashier Manager first (the one who called me) and she was super nice. She asked things like, "What experience and characteristics do you have that would make you a good fit here? Tell about a time when you had to be honest about a mistake you made." Things like that. Then she told me that was the end of the initial interview, then she brought in the Store Manager for a second interview. She was also very nice. She asked things like, "What are your plans for the future? What is your standard of customer service and how to you achieve that? A time when you were in a team." She told me she thought I would be a good fit here and offered me a job on the spot, pending drug test, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

I applied online got a call three weeks later for an interview a couple days later attended the interview the lady wasn't super nice but she was to the point and brief..she only asked me like three questions and she said she wouldn't be able to do anything until the background check came clear Today (08/19/2013) I got a call for orientation for next week wenesday they just told me what to wear black shirt, khaki pants, brown shoes. Up until now I never got my salary info but I read on here they start minimum wage so yeah.

Interview Questions
    I assume they start out minimum wage I wasn't told my wage at all.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Filled out an online application, receive a call the next day for an interview that day.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you come back to a store and spend money? What's your idea of customer service   Answer Question
    Accepted my lowest pay desire, however I was told they usually start out at minimum wage

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!