Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

Filled out an online application, receive a call the next day for an interview that day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you come back to a store and spend money? What's your idea of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted my lowest pay desire, however I was told they usually start out at minimum wage

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage $7.25

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Fullerton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage,No negotiaition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I was initially interviewing for a Cashier position. I interviewed with the assistant manager and general manager who where very nice. They suggested that with my availability that I should be a stock person. I had to get a background check afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for the position?   1 Answer
    • Explain a specific situation where you had a difficult experience with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They told me I would be getting $8 an hour which was fine with me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2014.

Interview

Applied one day, called to inquire about application status the next. Store manager called me in for an interview that day, and I was hired on the spot. Simple, conversational, short interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the least about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and a couple days later I got a call asking to come in for an interview. I showed up about 5 minutes early, and it took about another 10 minutes to get to my interviewer because they were so busy. I met with the Cashier Manager first (the one who called me) and she was super nice. She asked things like, "What experience and characteristics do you have that would make you a good fit here? Tell about a time when you had to be honest about a mistake you made." Things like that. Then she told me that was the end of the initial interview, then she brought in the Store Manager for a second interview. She was also very nice. She asked things like, "What are your plans for the future? What is your standard of customer service and how to you achieve that? A time when you were in a team." She told me she thought I would be a good fit here and offered me a job on the spot, pending drug test, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Burlington coat factory was having a job fair on january 23, I went to apply with my resume once you pass that 1st interview you get to move on to the next interview. The next interview was on february 6, there was alot of people there. once you complete an application, you have to wait till your name is called to be interview. All the people i meet there seem to be very nice so overall my experience with the HR staff was pleasant. During the interview they asked about your experience prior to the position your applying to. They asked about your schedule and why do you want to work for BCF. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, they thank you for coming in and expect to hear back from them within 2 weeks. However i received a call back 3 days after my interview letting me know i have been chosen for the position which i applied for and its up to me to take it if i still want it. I said yes and now i have to go into the workforce location they proovide once you accept their job offer, i guess to fill out paper work and to make schedules for everyone. Salary will be discuss at this particular time as well so i can't say what i will be making yet b/c i don't know. I will accept no lower than 9per hr due to i have prior cashier experience. Hopefully they will agree. Overall the interview experince isn't stressful so be yourself and talk about how you love helping customers and you will do fine. Good luck to all.... =)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Louisville, KY) in November 2011.

Interview

I walked into the store to shop one day and overheard employees talking about how they needed more people. I introduced myself and told them I had applied earlier that month and they took down my number and said they would find my job application. I got a call later that week and had an interview. Very straightforward. The only negative was it took a little while for them to call back after the interview to offer the job.