Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Aug 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application, receive a call the next day for an interview that day.

Interview Question – What makes you come back to a store and spend money? What's your idea of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted my lowest pay desire, however I was told they usually start out at minimum wage

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Interview Question – What does speed is time mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage $7.25

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a couple days later I got a call asking to come in for an interview. I showed up about 5 minutes early, and it took about another 10 minutes to get to my interviewer because they were so busy. I met with the Cashier Manager first (the one who called me) and she was super nice. She asked things like, "What experience and characteristics do you have that would make you a good fit here? Tell about a time when you had to be honest about a mistake you made." Things like that. Then she told me that was the end of the initial interview, then she brought in the Store Manager for a second interview. She was also very nice. She asked things like, "What are your plans for the future? What is your standard of customer service and how to you achieve that? A time when you were in a team." She told me she thought I would be a good fit here and offered me a job on the spot, pending drug test, etc.

Interview Question – A time when you had to take initiative.   Answer Question

Bronx, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview Details – Burlington coat factory was having a job fair on january 23, I went to apply with my resume once you pass that 1st interview you get to move on to the next interview. The next interview was on february 6, there was alot of people there. once you complete an application, you have to wait till your name is called to be interview. All the people i meet there seem to be very nice so overall my experience with the HR staff was pleasant. During the interview they asked about your experience prior to the position your applying to. They asked about your schedule and why do you want to work for BCF. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, they thank you for coming in and expect to hear back from them within 2 weeks. However i received a call back 3 days after my interview letting me know i have been chosen for the position which i applied for and its up to me to take it if i still want it. I said yes and now i have to go into the workforce location they proovide once you accept their job offer, i guess to fill out paper work and to make schedules for everyone. Salary will be discuss at this particular time as well so i can't say what i will be making yet b/c i don't know. I will accept no lower than 9per hr due to i have prior cashier experience. Hopefully they will agree. Overall the interview experince isn't stressful so be yourself and talk about how you love helping customers and you will do fine. Good luck to all.... =)

Interview Questions

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store to shop one day and overheard employees talking about how they needed more people. I introduced myself and told them I had applied earlier that month and they took down my number and said they would find my job application. I got a call later that week and had an interview. Very straightforward. The only negative was it took a little while for them to call back after the interview to offer the job.

Interview Questions

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied one day, called to inquire about application status the next. Store manager called me in for an interview that day, and I was hired on the spot. Simple, conversational, short interview.

Interview Question – What did you like the least about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Interview Question – None, general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage,No negotiaition

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – Well I applied online, and I got called the next day to come in for an interview on a Monday. When I got to the interview it was a group interview, so about 15 of us went into one room and someone asked us question like first lets start with who everyone is and what they do and like to do. Then we all said why we wanted to work for the company and why we would be a good candidate. then if hired when was the best working hours for us all. I got hired and i was told to come in that Friday to work.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – The application was typical.I was called back a few days after submitting and was asked questions about my availability and why I left my last job. I scheduled an interview the next day and the manager interviewing me was extremely nice. We talked for a while after discussing my position. I was offered it right on the spot and was told they would do a background check even though I told her I had other interviews.

Interview Question – She only asked me a couple of simple questions like "Tell me when you went above and beyond for a customer".   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received another job offer that paid more. However, this place seems like a great place to work! Everyone was friendly and seemed to get along really well. They offer such great discounts even for your friends and family!

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Interview Details – Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Question – 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!