Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Oct 10, 2014

1.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2014.

There were 2 interviews. The first one was the general questions and the second one was more about experience. It was really easy it took about 30 minutes and all together each interview was about 10 minutes each. In an out I got hired on spot. No drug test.

Interview Questions
I would advise people to be ready for the interview but it's really easy and relieving because the people doing the interview are really friendly.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Customer Service Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

easy questions why you want to work for this company

none

Customer Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

real easy, did a math test

Interview Questions
    • waiting for some one to actually notice you after you have been hired, kept getting the cold sholder from some of the girls who were suppose to show me my register   Answer Question

Cashier Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

I was called in to do an interview in November right before Thanksgiving. Burlington doesn't do much on Black Friday late at night but they open bright and early! I was hired immediately because I knew how to scan merchandise fast. This is just about the easiest job to get. It paid 8.65 in Illinois. I was hired on and told that I could probably be kept past the Christmas season. Interview was with one of the managers, I don't even think they did background checks. Definitely know drug testing. I know for sure that felons can get employment here by talking with coworkers so if you have a history just he honest. I was eventually kept after the Christmas season but I'm glad I applied in October of that year. Everybody is looking for work around that time. This company pays weekly, and tries I give everyone at least 25 hours a week. Sometimes you may get close to 40 but not always. Definitely no overtime unless you are a supervisor, or they really need help. Great place to work though. Not really bad except you're on your feet all day. It's minimum wage work for minimum wage pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your previous customer service experience. Tell me about your experience operating a register.   View Answer
    No, all compensation is done via computer, and more than likely is the same as what's afford across the board to all seasonal workers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2012.

Easy Interview, pretty basic with assistant store manager. Asked about my retail experience, stated the expectations, benefits, and etc. A job is a job, but I want to stay with a company instead of going job to job she stated that there was room for growth.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2010.

filled out an application in store. was called in for an interview about a week later. came in the following business day. the interview process was fairly simple: general questions about previous employment, transportation on getting to and from, any possible overlapping schedules, and salary.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be getting to and from work?   View Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

I first talked to manager, talked about myself, and basically I filled out employment form, and I told them I was available at such and such times, and think I might get a job if my hours fit them. Availability to work hours they need is important. Lots of associates here in addition to opportunity to meet wide range of people.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in May 2009.

I put my application in and recieved a call three days later. I went in for my interview which only took around ten minutes. They needed to do a background check on me and I needed my working papers. Three days later I went back to give my working papers and they told me my background check cleared and that I could start a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    We talked about the hours I was able to work because of school and she granted those hours.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in May 2009.

The interview process was brief in many ways. First they wondered if I had been a cashier elsewhere and if I had prior experience. Then I was was asked if I could handle rude, obnoxious and generally hostile customers. This was the bulk of the interview and past those those two key topics nothing much was brought up at the time.

Interview Questions
    • How well can you handle customers who will yell or generally treat you poorly?   Answer Question