Burlington Coat Factory

www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com

Burlington Coat Factory Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details – Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

Negotiation Details – None. All up to human resources.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, got called about a week later for an interview. This seemed to be the easiest interview ever. No questions were asked really. It was a general statement of the company.

Interview Question – There were none, other than scheduling.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I do not think there is one.

Holyoke, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

Interview Details – Manager allowed me to have an interview after submitting online application. He asked about how would I approach my team members being above them. He also asked how would I handle difficult situations. The biggest challenge he described was handling my team members if I got hired,I would have to get them motivated and make them do their assignments without being harsh. He loved me and my strong personality, saying I was responsible, mature and seemed like I could handle anything. I have prior experience working in customer service etc. Anyways, I thought I was totally going to get it.Untill dum dum dum........the HR manager wanted to interview me...but no, apparently my availability was not enough for them (and I had a lot of availiblity) That was just an excuse I believe.They probably wanted someone with more retail experience and a degree for that position who knows.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They wanted a background check. I didn't get the supervisor position, but the nice manager who loved me said I could work as an associate. For me, 8$ an hour in retail, not worth it, and a background check? not for me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Hiring is very quick but they do hiring before getting background checks which is inconvenient to current workers because they just stop coming to work. So you might need to check that before applying you may be wasting time. My hiring process was three days and that concurred with other employees too. I was taken into the management office and then asked common interview questions like why did I choose Burlington Coat Factory. Then I was taken around the store fore a tour. After the interview I was reassured that I would be hired and by the way they told me my pay rate and hours before the questions really were asked.

Interview Question – During the interview I was asked would I consider quitting the current job i had because they did not want me working two jobs. The other questions where more about personality like what do you like to do and basically telling a little about yourself so they can get to know you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because they have a set rate they start every employee who walks through the door. I would say accept this job if you want to earn a little cash and have something to do during your spare time.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!