Burlington Coat Factory Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email informing me of a group interview. I did not attend but I received a call from the store manager scheduling an interview days later. I had an interview wit the store manager and the merchandising manager. I was then scheduled for an interview with the RVP of the region. After my final interview I received a call from the store manager and was told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. How would I manage and motivate coworkers. How to promote a culture of good customer service.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Gainesville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed through a job fair. I spent about 3 minutes with the initial interviewer asking the basic questions about experience, what did I know about the company, things like that. Based on my experience, I was sent on to the next person to be interviewed in more detail, which was more in depth as to my skills as a supervisor. There were a LOT of people there who did the basic interview and were not asked to speak with anyone else. I guess they didn't make the grade.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Burlington? Though I expected that question, there were a lot of people who didn't. They were just there for the job fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

Negotiation

None. All up to human resources.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, got called about a week later for an interview. This seemed to be the easiest interview ever. No questions were asked really. It was a general statement of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I do not think there is one.

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Holyoke, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Manager allowed me to have an interview after submitting online application. He asked about how would I approach my team members being above them. He also asked how would I handle difficult situations. The biggest challenge he described was handling my team members if I got hired,I would have to get them motivated and make them do their assignments without being harsh. He loved me and my strong personality, saying I was responsible, mature and seemed like I could handle anything. I have prior experience working in customer service etc. Anyways, I thought I was totally going to get it.Untill dum dum dum........the HR manager wanted to interview me...but no, apparently my availability was not enough for them (and I had a lot of availiblity) That was just an excuse I believe.They probably wanted someone with more retail experience and a degree for that position who knows.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

They wanted a background check. I didn't get the supervisor position, but the nice manager who loved me said I could work as an associate. For me, 8$ an hour in retail, not worth it, and a background check? not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

It was easy general question, the managers were very friendly, they made you feel comfortable soon as you walked in the door. Wear casual clothes with a tie and well fitted clothes. When you made a mistake they understand that you will be nervous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Greenville, SC) in November 2010.

Interview

The Hiring is very quick but they do hiring before getting background checks which is inconvenient to current workers because they just stop coming to work. So you might need to check that before applying you may be wasting time. My hiring process was three days and that concurred with other employees too. I was taken into the management office and then asked common interview questions like why did I choose Burlington Coat Factory. Then I was taken around the store fore a tour. After the interview I was reassured that I would be hired and by the way they told me my pay rate and hours before the questions really were asked.

Interview Questions

• During the interview I was asked would I consider quitting the current job i had because they did not want me working two jobs. The other questions where more about personality like what do you like to do and basically telling a little about yourself so they can get to know you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because they have a set rate they start every employee who walks through the door. I would say accept this job if you want to earn a little cash and have something to do during your spare time.