Burlington Coat Factory
www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com Burlington, NJ 5000+ Employees

Burlington Coat Factory Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Holyoke, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

Interview Details – Manager allowed me to have an interview after submitting online application. He asked about how would I approach my team members being above them. He also asked how would I handle difficult situations. The biggest challenge he described was handling my team members if I got hired,I would have to get them motivated and make them do their assignments without being harsh. He loved me and my strong personality, saying I was responsible, mature and seemed like I could handle anything. I have prior experience working in customer service etc. Anyways, I thought I was totally going to get it.Untill dum dum dum........the HR manager wanted to interview me...but no, apparently my availability was not enough for them (and I had a lot of availiblity) That was just an excuse I believe.They probably wanted someone with more retail experience and a degree for that position who knows.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They wanted a background check. I didn't get the supervisor position, but the nice manager who loved me said I could work as an associate. For me, 8$ an hour in retail, not worth it, and a background check? not for me.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor
Greenville, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Hiring is very quick but they do hiring before getting background checks which is inconvenient to current workers because they just stop coming to work. So you might need to check that before applying you may be wasting time. My hiring process was three days and that concurred with other employees too. I was taken into the management office and then asked common interview questions like why did I choose Burlington Coat Factory. Then I was taken around the store fore a tour. After the interview I was reassured that I would be hired and by the way they told me my pay rate and hours before the questions really were asked.

Interview Question – During the interview I was asked would I consider quitting the current job i had because they did not want me working two jobs. The other questions where more about personality like what do you like to do and basically telling a little about yourself so they can get to know you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate because they have a set rate they start every employee who walks through the door. I would say accept this job if you want to earn a little cash and have something to do during your spare time.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Customer Service Supervisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.