Burlington Coat Factory

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Back when I first applied it was very easy, you filled out a paper application then were interviewed. Now I believe you must apply online and pass an assessment, if they do not call back you didn't pass the assessment. Very easy to get hired, most people don't have any education and they don't seem to do background/drug checks.
    Interview questions are EASY.

Interview Questions
    • (assuming you worked retail) how do you respond to change on the sales floor?   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiating done, if you get hired for a supervisor position try to ask for more than current minimum wage + 1 dollar or else thats what they'll pay you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate at all

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2014.

Applied online. Called back for interview in 3 days. Asked basic retail questions like name a time when you received poor customer service? One on one interview with asst manager. Offered a job

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed that yet.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview was easy. Questions asked: Why do you want this job? What qualifies you to work here? Describe a time when you provided good customer service?

Mostly they just talked about the hours, pay, and about the company.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I applied and got a call back in about a week that I got the job. I knew someone who already worked there and had them as a reference on my application, so they didn't give me an interview.

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied online through their website which took a good 2hrs to complete. After the normal application there was a personality test and an intelligence test that was quite difficult and involve a lot of "word problems." A week or so later the Store Manager called and brought me in for an interview. About a week later HR called and gave me an interview, and another week later the RVP called and gave me an interview. I received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions for a job like this. Mostly situational an example of something you did previously. They want to know how you have handled things with previous companies.   View Answer
    Negotiation was positive.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Applied online a couple days later got the call to schedule a interview went to the cashier and he took me back to the interview room she told me a little about the job then started the interview It was easy everyone was friendly

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2014.

The interview was great. The manager and assistant manager were down to earth, kind, open, and asked questions that related to the job and your overall performance. Tell me about yourself. How do you deal with an irate customer? Name a time when you received great customer service. What motivates you? Very simple an easy conversation. Be yourself, remain calm.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you made a mistake at your last job and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Flow Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2014.

Simple questions, what was your last job like, describe a time when you had to take charge of a difficult situation. How do you think you can handle stress. Tell me about yourself. There wasn't really a lot of questions.

No negotiation minimum wage.