Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

121 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I interviewed with BCF the process was very simple. One on one with store manager and then again with district manager. This process has changed greatly over the years. Managers now go through a more structured and lengthy process, meeting with store manager and regional partners. They now use a written format.

Negotiation Details – Fine. They gave me the salary I requested.

Sportswear Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2014.

Interview Details – I came in about thirty minutes early and they were unorganized. The person that was supposed to interview wasn't there and they had to get another manager who didn't even know what he was doing

Interview Question – Tell me what your closet looks like? Do you organize your clothes by size and color?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager, Operations Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Two interviews are required. The first is generally with the store manager and the second is with a regional manager when applying for a salaried position. Basic questions are asked concerning your past management experience and scenarios.

Interview Question – There is not one that is difficult, they are basic questions on how you handled situations at previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What they offer is firm, there is no negotiation.

Markdown Associate Interview

Markdown Associate
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Sunday night, got a call for a interview Monday morning for Thursday. Went into the interview confident since I had recently touched up on my "name a time when....." questions. Interviewers was funny and real laid back. She asked me 6 situation questions and asked my availability. Interview lasted about 10 mins. top but we actually sat talking for an additional like 20mins. She informed me that they was hiring immediately and she was going to send my background check papers to my email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None, minimum wage

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – manager called me in one day, and i went in. he was impressed by the way i dressed and went on from there. asked a couple of basic questions like- why i wanted this position, and if i could work in a fast paced environment. after a few questions more he brought in the Receiving Supervisor and all three of us started talking about how could i be helpful in the the receiving department. i had some previous experience so that helped.

Negotiation Details – after telling the manager how much i got paid in my previous job (which was minimum wage), he didnt say much, he just started me at a straight 8 dollars an hour.

Sportswear Associate Interview

Sportswear Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – There were no interview questions. They wanted to make sure that I can understand and speak English. The managers of the store were very friendly during the hiring process. One of them told me that the store is like your home, you need to put effort to tidy it. Apparently they liked me, because they advised to me to hurry up with the two of the test which I was not finished yet.

Interview Question – Ones again nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The managers just told me: "You have put in your application that your desired salary is 12 USD per hour but here we pay only 8 USD"

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2013.

Interview Details – i went in on a fluke and they must have been desperate(they hired me on spot, it felt rushed.) training was non existent i learned most thing on my own. I went in to do paper work and stated that day on the floor, it was a joke.

Negotiation Details – say nooooooooooo. its terrible.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Merchandise Team Associate
Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer was really nice and made me feel comfortable. He expressed that he didn't particularly like the interview process of the company but asked me the 7 questions required anyway. It was fairly easy and I was basically told I had the job before I left, I just had to fill out the background check form and tax form when I got home. I expect to hear back this week about hiring, orientation, etc.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made in the workplace and tell me how you corrected it and overcame it   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Customer Service Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – easy questions why you want to work for this company

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory interview questions and advice. All 121 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.