Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I walked in and went to the registers to ask for the hiring manager. One of the cashiers said that the hiring manager is on lunch break, so I looked around the store as I waited. When I went back, I realized that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I asked a different cashier and finally got a hold of the manager. When I finally got to the interview, it was pretty generic. None of the questions were that difficult and I was asked to clarify some of the stuff that was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you have received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was called MONTHS after applying. I had even forgot I applied. I was called in for an interview and was asked the basic questions. Why do you want to work here? "Name a time when..." type of questions. After that I was called back for a secondary interview by the manager and he asked me similar questions and told me about himself. It was all very chill. Just don't be dull or totally inept and you'll be fine

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got call back by an assistant manager 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Interview was a group interview. Typical retail questions. Everyone interviewed was hired. Just go in there smiling, be polite and answer questions honestly. If Store Manager comes into interview you, ensure you leave a lasting impression. One girl interviewed with me for a sales position and was promoted to manager within the first week!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate? Previous work experience? How would I deal with long lines and disgruntled customers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I came in early, but was seen twenty minutes after i was supposed to arrive. Once I was seen the manager asked me questions she was reading from a bunch of papers, and then told me i was there for a different position and explained what I would possibly be doing if I was hired. She then left and I had to wait another 35 minute to see the other manager. I was asked similar questions and then told that I should check my email to see if they were interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in the group and there was someone not cooperating. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got hired on spot but application took for ever. So I got a call like two or three weeks after I applied. But it was worth it because it's a nice place to work

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there? And why they should hire you.   1 Answer

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 10 minutes long. Was pretty much quick and to the point. Had applied for the position and got a phone call to schedule an interview a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a time when a customer had became upset over a situation and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Cashier Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (El Monte, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went really good. I had two young ladies interview me. The questions were pretty basic nothing bad at all. They told me to check my email for a background check and I received it 3 days later. I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anything That Was Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Burlington, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

No interview. Got in through a staffing agency. Walked in and filled out paperwork. Left. Got a call two days later. I started the following monday. Easy process easy job.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (West Allis, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

It went very fast I had an interview with two women one at a time. They asked the basic interview questions they said that they liked my personality and i seemed eger to start working and they liked that so then I was hired on the spot. I took the offer i asked a couple questions about working at their store and about wage. Next day I filled out my background check information they called and gave me my orientation date.