Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I received a call to set up a interview a week after i applied. It was an immediate hire position. When i got there i proceeded to the office to meet with a hiring manager for a one on one interview. It was very straight foward and to the point. I received a offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your future goals.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cherry Hill, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call for an interview a day later set for the next week. The interview was very easygoing and straight forward. Common question about costumer service and common sense. The hiring manager was very nice and made it feel like a regular conversation. I got hired on spot

Interview Questions

• A time in your life when you had a problem working in a group/team...what was the problem and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy, the manager just asked me about my availability, if i can work with a minimum wage, if i had a work history, and the next thing i know i was hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations i had to work anywhere

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Jackson, MS) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was simple and quick. I had two interviews, one with the manager then assistant manager. Both interviews were short and they only asked three questions each. The questions were mainly about customer service and what would you do in a certain situation. I didn't receive an offer on the spot, i will know by Monday.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to work with a team as the leader   Answer Question

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview 3 weeks later. I was interviewed by a female manager and she asked me about my schedule and other skills that I have with other jobs. She was extremely friendly and I got the job on the spot. Interview lasted about 5 minutes. Store was super clean, and employees were friendly. Now I'm waiting for a background check. I'm a little nervous because I've had a misdemeanor for disorderly intoxication on my record so I'm not sure if that will affect my hiring process. But overall the process was smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work at Burlington?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure to always dress professional. Give them a firm handshake, smile back and be polite. Keep eye contact always and speak with alot of confidence. Give them examples when they ask you for questions and do a little research about the company so they know you did your research. And last but not least, remember that they're already interested that's why they called u in for an interview, impress them more and show them why your there. GOOD LUCK!!!

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email informing me of a group interview. I did not attend but I received a call from the store manager scheduling an interview days later. I had an interview wit the store manager and the merchandising manager. I was then scheduled for an interview with the RVP of the region. After my final interview I received a call from the store manager and was told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. How would I manage and motivate coworkers. How to promote a culture of good customer service.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went great. The manger was nice and very professional. She even joked around a few times. She asked me 6 questions, which were very easy. She changed a few questions due to it being my first job and i had JUST graduated from high school. All in all, it went well and i was hired on spot.

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview 2 days later. I scheduled for an interview 4 days after i got the call. The Interview was pretty basic. The Manager was nice. She asked common questions like give an example of previous experience with great customer service. Bad customer service. She said that since I've experienced both good and bad services, i basically know how others would feel if they were to be given such services. Which was a good thing. I was asked mainly about customer service questions. Then we talked about schedules. I had 2 days that I wasn't available anytime and that became a problem i guess. They have an attendance policy that says you need to have at least 9 hours of free time in a day. If you were to call in late 8 times in 3 months, they will have to let you go. she said she would hire me but my schedule had to be set. Ended up not getting back to her about the scheduling. I'm still waiting for another interview result from some place else.

Interview Questions

• What is something about yourself that you think you need to work on/improve?   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Group interview, then got called in for a second interview the next day the process was pretty easy now just waiting for background check and I'm good to go.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call on Sunday, came in on Monday for an interview, the lady was really laid back, asked me about my experience and to describe what I did at each job. Pretty much basic customer service questions. interview lasted about 20 minutes, did a background check and got called two days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

starts at 7.75 goes up to 8.00 after three months and 9.00 after six months