Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The interview was a half day (from 9-12:30). You were first brought into a room with all applicants and sat at tables with the people you would later interview with. It was nice to meet them first unofficially as you got an overview of the company. Then you were brought to each of their offices for four 25 minute interviews. They didn't seem as long as I thought they would and they were very conversational interviews.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

Depends on recruiters. I was supposed to do face to face interview but then they changed it over to a Skype interview which ended up being a phone interview due to connection problems. From what I gathered, the first phase is a face to face interview with a recruiter. The second phase is an interview with the Vice President which is conducted in a similar fashion. The question format is almost the same. Overall, my recruiter was real nice and very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What did you learn in your research about Burlington Coat Factory?   View Answer
    • How have you gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service in the past?   View Answer
    • What is something that you can work on?   View Answer

Cashiers Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

Applied then got a call for an interview the next day, got offered a job the day of the interview, but declined because I got an offer from Target the same day. Fastest process I've ever experienced, except for Target. Interview woman was friendly and very nice, it even made me feel bad declining the job interview because she was so sweet. Me and another person interviewed at the same time. Focus on good customer service in questions, always put customer service first in answers to do well. Being friendly and personable and knowing good customer service is key to these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received bad customer service.
      What is a friendly work environment to you?
      Tell me about a time you completed a stressful task.

Answer Question

Planning and Allocation Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

She called me and told me that the positions were already filled. Then she asked me about the store management position that I did not apply for, if I would consider that. I said sure then she explained to me that the positions were similar, but I would be working in a store for the management position. Long story short, she asked me to apply in the Fall because it looks like I am heading towards Supply Chain Role and they are looking for people with a true passion in retail.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

They are in definite search of quality talent. The recruiter I met (& gave my resume to) at my university's job fair called me before I even finished my application! Maybe, they were interested because I'm an HR major & there's very few at my school with a student body + 30 k. Anyway, they called me & scheduled a time. The recruiter couldn't actually make it to my campus, which was our agreed location (sometimes employers come to our career center & conduct interviews).

So, my interview was over Skype. The interviewer was very friendly & encouraged an open dialogue in which I ask as many questions I need to. He expected for me to come prepared with questions about the company & the intern program. Come prepared!
    Although the interview went well & I received positive feedback, I didn't get the second interview. Their program is very selective for it to be national, so competition is steep.
    The process was fast. Got the interview call on Monday which scheduled my interview for Thursday & I got a response by the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you solved a conflict.   Answer Question
    • What brought you to your university (if you transferred, as I did) and what lead to your major?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have about our program, process and company.   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple nd quick process for me. Only because I don't have much work experience this would only be my second job. So it really wasn't to many questions they could ask. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice nd down to earth. So after I finished the questions they told me they were going to send me a background form to fill out. Nd then after that they would let me know if I got it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when u have experienced good customer service. They also asked about my availability. Then they asked would I b able to keep up in a fast paced environment. How do I deal with a rude customer .   Answer Question

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2015.

Twenty minute phone interview in which if selected you move to the interview day process. It is a half day process which includes: overview of the company, round robin interviews, and a recap with who you shadow for the day. Really great process and a clever way to see how one interacts with others!

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2015.

It was quick & easy. They get right to the point ... ask you basic questions and look at your application again ... a little awkward silence but nothing too major. I got a call back within 2 days after putting my app in.

Cashier Interview

Applied online got a call back. Within 2 weeks, interviwed and waited for a online survey was h8red about 1 month after interview because. The manager wanted to wait until after easter.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Applied online, got a call back. We did a couple of phone interviews and then I was set up for a store interview. Got to the store interview within a week . I wasn't asked any questions regarding the job , mostly it was a conversation about general things.