Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2009.

Interview

very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

• What was your shrink for the past 3 years and give the plans to reduce it.   Answer Question
    • Give me examples on how you handled a personell issue   Answer Question

not enough pay

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Questions

• They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Questions

• One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Burlington, NJ).

Interview

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate at all

Sportswear Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the careers section on store website. Soon after I received an email asking me to complete an assessment (you must complete the assessment before they can look at you application). One day later I received a phone call to schedule an interview with the store manager. The store manager must have forgot that I had an interview scheduled because when I arrived at the store he wasn't there (he went to lunch) and I waited for an hour for him to return. I was eventually interviewed by another manager. She was great! After the interview she offered me the position and scheduled my orientation. When I got home I received an email to request a background check. The entire process from applying to interview/job offer took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in what you are paid.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Fullerton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

Operations Manager wears many hats. Loss prevention, Front- End, Receiving and Accounting. Hiring process is not like use to be. They didn't have all these tests. It was just an interview and this is the offer. Do you accept. It was only 1 interview, with 1 person. Easy.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a current employee, who passed it on to a recruiter. The recruiter contacted me through email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was then asked to attend their half day "meet and greet" round of interviews with an HR person and department buyers, as well as had the opportunity to shadow a current assistant buyer to see what a typical day is like. The day also included an overview of the company and a mock buy to simulate what their buying process is like. Very interesting way to structure an interview to not only let superiors get to know candidates but it also let candidates see if the company/job woud be a fit for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had recently shopped any of the burlington stores as well as their competitors, and what burlington did well vs. the competition and vice versa   Answer Question