Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2009.

Interview Details – very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Merchandise Manager Interview

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Question – There were several "what would do" scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Customer Service Logistics Manager
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Question – They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Interview

Management
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Question – One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My hours

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – manager called me in one day, and i went in. he was impressed by the way i dressed and went on from there. asked a couple of basic questions like- why i wanted this position, and if i could work in a fast paced environment. after a few questions more he brought in the Receiving Supervisor and all three of us started talking about how could i be helpful in the the receiving department. i had some previous experience so that helped.

Negotiation Details – after telling the manager how much i got paid in my previous job (which was minimum wage), he didnt say much, he just started me at a straight 8 dollars an hour.

Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled application online
Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
I got hired on the spot.
They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call

Interview Question – None. Common questions.   Answer Question

Merchandise Team Leader Interview

Merchandise Team Leader
Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in May 2013.

Interview Details – After I sent my Resume I received a phone call from a recruiter who gave me a phone interview and seemed very interested in me. She set me up for an appointment two weeks later with a manager in one of the stores. I attended that interview which included the normal questions. The manager seemed to like me also and told me it would be another two weeks (because they were so busy) until she would be able to review my application with another manager. I was told that I would be contacted by one of the two people I had spoken to. I waited the specified time and when I was not contacted I sent a polite reminder email to the recruiter and she never responded to me. Aside from the long wait I found the process to be easy and everyone I spoke to was friendly and professional. It seemed there was a good culture in the store and the company was striving to be even better and it was my top choice among other companies I applied to but after being led on for a month long process only to be snubbed in the end left me disheartened.

Interview Question – I was asked to name other businesses that would compare to BCF.   Answer Question

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!