Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

121 candidate interviews

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2009.

Interview Details – very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Customer Service Logistics Manager
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Question – They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Question – There were several "what would do" scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview Details – When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Question – The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Two interviews, old school interview

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work there   View Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Burlington, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had one interview with the buyer and GMM. Recieved a call promptly.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2009.

Interview Details – Called by HR then went in for face to face with head of planning, 2 buyers and 2 DM's. Received offer 2 days later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was accepted

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Redford, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Question – Where I see myself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic offer for retail.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – phone interview, interview with both store mgr. and district mgr., took about 2 weeks to be hired

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2008.

Interview Details – It has changed since I started. Pretty typical today, new online process, easy process and basic interview, depends on which position. Sometimes regional team may speak with you, but always personal

Interview Question – Past sales and specific questions about metrics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, always negotiable. Benefits are not, nor is vacation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory interview questions and advice. All 121 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.