Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
139 candidate interviews

Store Support Technician Interview

Store Support Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – It was a three step process a phone interview, an interview with a recruiter, and a final interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was very brief a typical screening interview that lasted only 10 minutes. The interview with the recruiter lasted about 30 to 40 minutes it was a typical interview with no tough or trick questions. It was a one on one interview and I was practically offered the job the recruiter told me the hiring manager saw my resume and was impressed. She told me all I had to do was show up on time at the final interview and the job was mine ! The final interview was very easy it only took 15 minutes the manager briefly looked over my resume asked me a few questions and offered me the job.
The whole hiring process only took 4 days from the time I applied for the job on-line to the job offer.

Interview Question – No technical questions no tough or trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The hourly rate the recruiter told me was $2 an hour more than the hiring manager offered me. A typical bait and switch no negotiations were possible. Others hired around the same time as me went through the same bait and switch routine. If other jobs were available I wouldn't have accepted this one.

Planning & Allocations Interview

Planning & Allocations
Burlington, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I first talked to the company at a career fair at my school. I was then contacted over the phone and they showed an interest. At that time, they asked some general screening question just to verify that you were a viable candidate. After that, I set up an on-site interview where I was interviewed by a panel of about 5 or 6 directors within the department and they were very laid back. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and I heard back within 3 weeks of the interview. I've heard of others having multiple rounds so the process may vary but I believe they are all somewhat similar.

Interview Question – There was nothing that really caught me off guard. It was primarily me talking to them about my resume and whatever follow-up questions they may have had.   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I was very disappointed with the interview process at Burlington. I had received an e-mail in regards to scheduling a phone interview. I responded with answering the questions of when I was available to interview and provided a phone number, and did not receive any further communication. A week later I received a very unexpected call from the recruiter to interview me. I wasn't near my phone and missed her call. I immediately called her back, as well as sent a follow up e-mail. She responded to my e-mail apologizing for the miscommunication, and set up an interview for the next day. I confirmed the scheduled time, and she e-mailed back that she looked forward to our call. I never heard from the recruiter. Overall very unprofessional.

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Customer Service Logistics Manager

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details – 1 interview with 2 or 3 regional managers

Interview Question – basic question, tell me about a time format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation were done, I countered and they held steady at the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details – Completed online application

Interview Question – What is the something about yourself that you need to improve   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job as a part time sales associate

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

MTA Interview

MTA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – They called me right after my submit my application. Then come to the store for the interview

Interview Question – What do you think of a good customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

District Loss Prevention Manager Interview

District Loss Prevention Manager
Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – Ki Johnson called to schedule an interview with me for the following week. The day before the interview was supposed to take place, she called and told me she would be unable to meet with me. No problem, at least it's a day before notice. We set up a time to meet the next week. I went there 15 minutes prior to interview. After 10 minutes after interview was supposed to take place, I asked a manager to call her to find out what was going on. The manager returned to the front to tell me "something came up, she'll call you this afternoon". She never called, I wasted time and (gas) money. What a joke, I got stood up for my own interview. I will never apply to BCF again, store was gross and unkempt. I can only imagine working for them in a nightmare. Zero business acumen.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview of what I expected. The interviewing staff seems really friendly and honest. I appreciated the interviewers being upfront with everything as far as their expectations, job duties, and scheduling. I had filled out my application online and was called to schedule the interview at a store.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager, Operations Interview

Assistant Store Manager, Operations
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Two interviews are required. The first is generally with the store manager and the second is with a regional manager when applying for a salaried position. Basic questions are asked concerning your past management experience and scenarios.

Interview Question – There is not one that is difficult, they are basic questions on how you handled situations at previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – What they offer is firm, there is no negotiation.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!