Burlington Coat Factory

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

They called me for an interview, and it went great. He was even about to offer me a job, then realized I was not eighteen and told me I had to leave

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2014.

Applied online. Called back for interview in 3 days. Asked basic retail questions like name a time when you received poor customer service? One on one interview with asst manager. Offered a job

Interview Questions
    Haven't discussed that yet.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Back when I first applied it was very easy, you filled out a paper application then were interviewed. Now I believe you must apply online and pass an assessment, if they do not call back you didn't pass the assessment. Very easy to get hired, most people don't have any education and they don't seem to do background/drug checks.
    Interview questions are EASY.

Interview Questions
    • (assuming you worked retail) how do you respond to change on the sales floor?   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiating done, if you get hired for a supervisor position try to ask for more than current minimum wage + 1 dollar or else thats what they'll pay you.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

interview was pretty simple. asked typical questions about skills and personality. the interview was short and it seemed like the manager only wanted an idea of what kind of worker I was. They asked a few questions about past employments, what i liked or did not like about my jobs. And also to explain a time where I had received great customer service.

Interview Questions
    they gave me a hourly wage offer of 8.25, asked if it was okay but did not give much as far as negotiating goes. They only go by experience slightly when determining a wage.

Sportswear Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2014.

I applied online through the careers section on store website. Soon after I received an email asking me to complete an assessment (you must complete the assessment before they can look at you application). One day later I received a phone call to schedule an interview with the store manager. The store manager must have forgot that I had an interview scheduled because when I arrived at the store he wasn't there (he went to lunch) and I waited for an hour for him to return. I was eventually interviewed by another manager. She was great! After the interview she offered me the position and scheduled my orientation. When I got home I received an email to request a background check. The entire process from applying to interview/job offer took 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix it?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation in what you are paid.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate at all

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager - Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2014.

Second interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, she called me from her cell phone while she was driving, cell phone had a lot of static, hard to hear. Once again she said she was driving, hard to take any notes? Very unprofessional way to conduct an interview.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2014.

I applied online, got a phone call from the District LP Manager, interviewed with him the next day, interviewed with the area supervisor and store general manager 2 days later, was hired 3 days later, pretty easy process, nothing unexpected, everyone in the process was friendly and professional during all phases of the process

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer ran past you with a cart full of merchandise?   Answer Question
    I was offered a moderate amount, I asked for more because of the distance and was given the higher rate, but told that I would not be eligible for a relocation bonus if I choose to change stores

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2012.

I got referred by an job agency. Came to find out the Store Manager I end up working interviewed me. He was super friendly and gave me props for my good presence.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pretty easy with regular questions.
      Tell me a little bout yourself
      Other experiences.