Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.0

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First Group interview, then got called in for a second interview the next day the process was pretty easy now just waiting for background check and I'm good to go.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bettendorf, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and harmless, only took about 15-20min. You're asked simple questions that most retail businesses may ask. Manager was friendly and understanding of my second job. Offered to raise my pay on the spot due to my prior retail experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cuyahoga Falls, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I was initially interviewing for a Cashier position. I interviewed with the assistant manager and general manager who where very nice. They suggested that with my availability that I should be a stock person. I had to get a background check afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for the position?   1 Answer
    • Explain a specific situation where you had a difficult experience with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. They told me I would be getting $8 an hour which was fine with me.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I applied the 14 & got an interview for the 25th i applied on my computer. It was very easy dress appropriate & make sure your hair is done

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Burlington?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

it was easy. just show up. was not hard at all. just asked three questions and hired me on the spot it was an easy process. not hard at all for a low paying job such as this one

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

I talked to two managers, one that is now long gone. I was told they needed mlmore receiving associates than cashiers at the time. The other who is the main manager who never told me the conditions of the job he wanted me for. It was a fairly easy interview for a job that pays title but demands a lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, on second thought I do wish I would have negotiated not knowing that the hours would be decreased and the pay would get worse.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple nd quick process for me. Only because I don't have much work experience this would only be my second job. So it really wasn't to many questions they could ask. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice nd down to earth. So after I finished the questions they told me they were going to send me a background form to fill out. Nd then after that they would let me know if I got it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when u have experienced good customer service. They also asked about my availability. Then they asked would I b able to keep up in a fast paced environment. How do I deal with a rude customer .   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview in a private room. One of the managers would ask a question and we would all go around in a circle answering them. They asked very generic questions and the interview as no longer than 20 minutes. It is required that you are available weekends. Majority of the people, if not all, were hired from the interview. After the interview he immediately asked everyone for their availability and by the next week I was back for a 3 day orientation.

Baby Depot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called 2 hours later to set up an interview. I showed up to group interview we went in to a room and were asked basic questions then sent home I was called back 2 days later to come in for computer training and to watch videos