Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.0

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

None. All up to human resources.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

My hours

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

The hiring and interview process was for the most part very simple ,but I will say I was interviewed twice in the same day. The first interview was given by the merchandise manager. Then after I finished up with him he ask if it would be ok if his manager was to meet with me and ask couple of questions. In the end I was interview twice but in the second interview the head manager call in all the other managers .I guess that's a good sign because was hire that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • "Which associate is worst?" That's the question you must ask yourself in these scenarios I'm about to give you . You walk in to the store and you see a fellow associate eat the candy by the registers ,then as you make your way to the time clock to swipe your card the person in front of you swipes someone else's card "WHO IS NOT "present at work, which is worst?   View Answer
    • If you had to pick one word to describe yourself what would that word be?   View Answer
    • Do you have open availability? Meaning are you available to be scheduled on weekends and called in mon-fri if needed.   View Answer
    • What kind of name is that ,Ive never seen those names before, what are you? ,Where are you originally from? And other background questions but I think the majority of people will not get these questions if your name John Williams or something else generic skip this Q/A . I guess I look out of the ordinary because I've been asked this literally everyday I go to work by random customer and I put a generic name on my badge for everyone to call me.   View Answer
    • Why should I hire you over the person I interviewed before you?   View Answer
    The pay was nonegotiable if you came onto the team as a seasonal you get the bare minimum, which sucked but if they like the way you work and your available when they need you and you are always on time with your badge on and time card in hand they will most likely hire you then you can start negotiating.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Questions
    • One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   View Answer
    What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Got called On a Friday went in for the interview on Monday took about 5 minutes. Had already do tne the email for the background check and it was already done when i went it. They were very friendly.

10.50

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2010.

The interview process was not like others. It was a group interview and we watched a video. I first dropped off the application with the store manager and a day later I received a phone call asking if I would come in for the interview. I go in for the interview and it happens to be the orientation video.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

well I work for the company twice.Quit ,then came back again for Christmas extra money.I was hire the first interview ,due to experience in retail sales,and visual aide,to attract protenial shoppers,or consumers.

Interview Questions
    • what are you? Asking if I'm black or white,or How come I look so young to be so old in age?   View Answer
    well I negotiated more money,hours and stuck to it.Always back up what you say,and give 100% when you do any type of job.Be dependable!!!

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Applied online. Met store manager. Said even if he didn't hire me for the position I interviewed for, he had FT positions he needed filled. Had to stay in touch because he wasn't on top of the hiring process. He made a job offer, had me fill out hiring papers then I never heard from him again until I called twice. Lost my parent day before start date and left message. Still waiting, 10 days later, to hear back with a new start date! Clearly he has other priorities.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting and waiting for communication. Been this way since the beginning. Guess store manager isn't great with his own time management!

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2013.

I applied online, got called about a week later for an interview. This seemed to be the easiest interview ever. No questions were asked really. It was a general statement of the company.

Interview Questions
    I do not think there is one.