Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application, receive a call the next day for an interview that day.

Interview Question – What makes you come back to a store and spend money? What's your idea of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted my lowest pay desire, however I was told they usually start out at minimum wage

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Customer Service Logistics Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the store manager after applying on line and then a second interview with the district manager

Interview Question – Are you ok with having people dislike you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Interview Question – What does speed is time mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage $7.25

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Was contacted by an extremely friendly & helpful recruiter. We exchanged several emails and then spoke on the phone. She wanted me to speak with the VP of stores and we set up a date/time to do so. Interview with VP seemed like we weren't having the same conversation. I was asked a lot of people questions and questions about understanding the business model. It felt like I was not being neither seriously considered or that they were even listening to my answers. It all felt rather unprofessional.

Interview Question – I expected some discussion of business metrics and discussion of relevant experience. The entire line of questioning was unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – telephone call for interview scheduling. on the day of interview i was interview by the HR and store manager. The interview was approximately 30 minute. after all, I sign up for screening process and if that produce positive i was promise i'll get the job

Interview Question – how will you solve a conflict   Answer Question

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Customer Service Logistics Manager
Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I was hired back when the Milsteins owned the company. I was interviewed mostly over the phone so I would not say that was a great experience. I like to be face to face especially in an interview.

Interview Question – The hardest question that I remember was pertaining to merchandising and I had been doing a similar position for 10+ years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Real easy. We agreed upon a salary right then and there. No call backs or negotiations.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Merchandise Team Associate
Saginaw, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer was really nice and made me feel comfortable. He expressed that he didn't particularly like the interview process of the company but asked me the 7 questions required anyway. It was fairly easy and I was basically told I had the job before I left, I just had to fill out the background check form and tax form when I got home. I expect to hear back this week about hiring, orientation, etc.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made in the workplace and tell me how you corrected it and overcame it   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview Details – When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Question – The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very persistent; she felt she would be able to secure me a position at the company. However after going on more than several interviews with different buyers from various departments I was told that I was overqualified for all of the Assistant Buyer positions that I interviewed for and underqualified for the Buyer positions. They informed me that they promote within the company. I would have liked to have known this information early on in the interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a classification that you managed that was struggling. How did you turn around the business in this classification?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Redford, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Question – Where I see myself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic offer for retail.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory