Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I got referred by an job agency. Came to find out the Store Manager I end up working interviewed me. He was super friendly and gave me props for my good presence.

Interview Questions

• Interview was pretty easy with regular questions.
      Tell me a little bout yourself
      Other experiences.

Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

The interview was a half day (from 9-12:30). You were first brought into a room with all applicants and sat at tables with the people you would later interview with. It was nice to meet them first unofficially as you got an overview of the company. Then you were brought to each of their offices for four 25 minute interviews. They didn't seem as long as I thought they would and they were very conversational interviews.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Depends on recruiters. I was supposed to do face to face interview but then they changed it over to a Skype interview which ended up being a phone interview due to connection problems. From what I gathered, the first phase is a face to face interview with a recruiter. The second phase is an interview with the Vice President which is conducted in a similar fashion. The question format is almost the same. Overall, my recruiter was real nice and very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• 1.What did you learn in your research about Burlington Coat Factory?   1 Answer
    • How have you gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service in the past?   1 Answer
    • What is something that you can work on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They are in definite search of quality talent. The recruiter I met (& gave my resume to) at my university's job fair called me before I even finished my application! Maybe, they were interested because I'm an HR major & there's very few at my school with a student body + 30 k. Anyway, they called me & scheduled a time. The recruiter couldn't actually make it to my campus, which was our agreed location (sometimes employers come to our career center & conduct interviews).

So, my interview was over Skype. The interviewer was very friendly & encouraged an open dialogue in which I ask as many questions I need to. He expected for me to come prepared with questions about the company & the intern program. Come prepared!
    Although the interview went well & I received positive feedback, I didn't get the second interview. Their program is very selective for it to be national, so competition is steep.
    The process was fast. Got the interview call on Monday which scheduled my interview for Thursday & I got a response by the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you solved a conflict.   Answer Question
    • What brought you to your university (if you transferred, as I did) and what lead to your major?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have about our program, process and company.   1 Answer

Planning and Allocation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

Interview

She called me and told me that the positions were already filled. Then she asked me about the store management position that I did not apply for, if I would consider that. I said sure then she explained to me that the positions were similar, but I would be working in a store for the management position. Long story short, she asked me to apply in the Fall because it looks like I am heading towards Supply Chain Role and they are looking for people with a true passion in retail.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My hours

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was one phone interview followed by a face-to-face with a regional team member. Entire process took about a month. Met in a store and sat in a manager's office. No drug or skills test required.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. .....what would you do if goals aren't met.....etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a little more than what I asked for.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Interview

Process took about three weeks, I'm a recent college grad and was in the midst of applying to a bunch of jobs. I received a brief phone interview first with the area loss prevention supervisor, then I was told if they decided to go further I'd speak with the regional LP in which I did via email and eventually telephone maybe about a week later. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the store I would be LP in even though she had no actual say on the final decision. The face to face with the store manager was the interview in which i thought for sure I was a lost cause seeing as to how i was almost 30 minutes late and I completely froze up a various points throughout the interview. After not hearing anything for a couple days I decided to call the regional LP for an update and to my surprise I had been offered the job. I was started at what i now know is a very low rate for LP but I'm guessing it's due to the fact I had no previous LP experience although every job I've had has been retail of some sort and I have a 4 year degree in criminal justice along with a technical degree in criminal justice. I'm lucky though because they took a chance with me despite having no LP background and I was chosen from amongst 30+ other applicants, some of which I'm sure had LP experience. Guess my degree did help some after all.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to explain loss prevention in detail since I only knew the surface of the title although I knew it was a position I would be great in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because I was lucky to be offered position since I had no LP experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work