Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

You have two interviews, each with a separate manager. Interviews are typically easy and just to make sure that you aren't some crazy person. There isn't a restrictive requirement as they are only trying to fill spots.

Interview Questions
    They tell you the rate and you decline or accent the job.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

None. All up to human resources.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

It was a very easy interview, the only time I wasn't nervous with the employer & I bonded with her. She asked typical questions like why do you wanna work here, why should we hire you, what would I like to do with my future, typical things like that. I got a email that same day for a wotc (background check). I told them I was willing to do any hour & any assignment they assign me to. Apparently they saw I was determined. I'm excited to start!

Interview Questions
    • If there's 3 other canadiates, why should we hire you?
      What would you like to do with your future?
      Tell us about what you had to do at your last job?

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. It was easy unlike a lot of job interviews.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took around 4 days when I received a call from the manager for an appointment for the following day. I showed up 15 minutes late but was still offered the job. There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just a flat pay.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Got called On a Friday went in for the interview on Monday took about 5 minutes. Had already do tne the email for the background check and it was already done when i went it. They were very friendly.

10.50

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Questions
    • 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Applied online. Met store manager. Said even if he didn't hire me for the position I interviewed for, he had FT positions he needed filled. Had to stay in touch because he wasn't on top of the hiring process. He made a job offer, had me fill out hiring papers then I never heard from him again until I called twice. Lost my parent day before start date and left message. Still waiting, 10 days later, to hear back with a new start date! Clearly he has other priorities.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting and waiting for communication. Been this way since the beginning. Guess store manager isn't great with his own time management!

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Process took about three weeks, I'm a recent college grad and was in the midst of applying to a bunch of jobs. I received a brief phone interview first with the area loss prevention supervisor, then I was told if they decided to go further I'd speak with the regional LP in which I did via email and eventually telephone maybe about a week later. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the store I would be LP in even though she had no actual say on the final decision. The face to face with the store manager was the interview in which i thought for sure I was a lost cause seeing as to how i was almost 30 minutes late and I completely froze up a various points throughout the interview. After not hearing anything for a couple days I decided to call the regional LP for an update and to my surprise I had been offered the job. I was started at what i now know is a very low rate for LP but I'm guessing it's due to the fact I had no previous LP experience although every job I've had has been retail of some sort and I have a 4 year degree in criminal justice along with a technical degree in criminal justice. I'm lucky though because they took a chance with me despite having no LP background and I was chosen from amongst 30+ other applicants, some of which I'm sure had LP experience. Guess my degree did help some after all.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to explain loss prevention in detail since I only knew the surface of the title although I knew it was a position I would be great in.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because I was lucky to be offered position since I had no LP experience.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question