Burlington Coat Factory

121 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Maplewood, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – Ki Johnson called to schedule an interview with me for the following week. The day before the interview was supposed to take place, she called and told me she would be unable to meet with me. No problem, at least it's a day before notice. We set up a time to meet the next week. I went there 15 minutes prior to interview. After 10 minutes after interview was supposed to take place, I asked a manager to call her to find out what was going on. The manager returned to the front to tell me "something came up, she'll call you this afternoon". She never called, I wasted time and (gas) money. What a joke, I got stood up for my own interview. I will never apply to BCF again, store was gross and unkempt. I can only imagine working for them in a nightmare. Zero business acumen.

Very Easy Interview

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call about 3 weeks later for a job interview. Met with HR and had a 5 minute interview. She scheduled an interview with store manager next day. Store manager asked 3 basic questions and asked what position I wanted. Said background check info would be emailed to me and to fill it out. 3 days later HR called to say I was hired.

Interview Question – All basic...when is a time you RECIEVED great customer service, name a time when something unexpected happen at work, whàt did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Interview Question – What does speed is time mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage $7.25

MTA Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – They called me right after my submit my application. Then come to the store for the interview

Interview Question – What do you think of a good customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Advisory Interview

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to Donna at the campus career fair and she was extremely friendly. In fact, everyone I've come into contact with at Burlington Coat Factory has been very nice. I had an interview with the Vice President of Advisory. The question were not difficult, it was very relaxed in fact.

Interview Question – He didn't ask many difficult questions. Most of them were easy to answer like "what was your favorite class?" also he asked how have you demonstrated leadership and what made you interested in studying finance.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled application online
Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
I got hired on the spot.
They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Question – They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Kingsport, TN

Interview Details – I was hired back when the Milsteins owned the company. I was interviewed mostly over the phone so I would not say that was a great experience. I like to be face to face especially in an interview.

Interview Question – The hardest question that I remember was pertaining to merchandising and I had been doing a similar position for 10+ years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Real easy. We agreed upon a salary right then and there. No call backs or negotiations.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Logistics Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the store manager after applying on line and then a second interview with the district manager

Interview Question – Are you ok with having people dislike you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate