Burlington Coat Factory

Engaged Employer

Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2015.

Interview

She called me and told me that the positions were already filled. Then she asked me about the store management position that I did not apply for, if I would consider that. I said sure then she explained to me that the positions were similar, but I would be working in a store for the management position. Long story short, she asked me to apply in the Fall because it looks like I am heading towards Supply Chain Role and they are looking for people with a true passion in retail.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bettendorf, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and harmless, only took about 15-20min. You're asked simple questions that most retail businesses may ask. Manager was friendly and understanding of my second job. Offered to raise my pay on the spot due to my prior retail experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

They are in definite search of quality talent. The recruiter I met (& gave my resume to) at my university's job fair called me before I even finished my application! Maybe, they were interested because I'm an HR major & there's very few at my school with a student body + 30 k. Anyway, they called me & scheduled a time. The recruiter couldn't actually make it to my campus, which was our agreed location (sometimes employers come to our career center & conduct interviews).

So, my interview was over Skype. The interviewer was very friendly & encouraged an open dialogue in which I ask as many questions I need to. He expected for me to come prepared with questions about the company & the intern program. Come prepared!
    Although the interview went well & I received positive feedback, I didn't get the second interview. Their program is very selective for it to be national, so competition is steep.
    The process was fast. Got the interview call on Monday which scheduled my interview for Thursday & I got a response by the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you solved a conflict.   Answer Question
    • What brought you to your university (if you transferred, as I did) and what lead to your major?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have about our program, process and company.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple nd quick process for me. Only because I don't have much work experience this would only be my second job. So it really wasn't to many questions they could ask. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice nd down to earth. So after I finished the questions they told me they were going to send me a background form to fill out. Nd then after that they would let me know if I got it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when u have experienced good customer service. They also asked about my availability. Then they asked would I b able to keep up in a fast paced environment. How do I deal with a rude customer .   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended a job fair that Burlington Coat Factory was having. While there the manager spoke about the pay ($8.38/ hour), the hours (part time; 15 -25 hrs/ wk) , the dress code ( black shirt and beige or black pants; no jeans or leggings), things of the nature.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Lawrence, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they called me within 2 days. Pretty easy process. Then they took my info. Many people quit or are fired so they need people. They tell you that you acquire points every time you late. You need 12 I believe to get fired. 1 point on weekends and half a point weekdays.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You probably will get a Minimum wage and maybe a .25 cent raise after a year or so

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic, a group interview which lasts about 15 minutes depending on the number of people they are interviewing. They just want to know about your work history and availability. It took them two weeks to contact me from the day I applied, when they did they asked me to come in for a interview, I did, the interview was easy, they contacted me a day or two later offering me the position. They emailed me paperwork to complete for my background check. Once they received my results two days later, they called me and asked me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was quick & easy. They get right to the point ... ask you basic questions and look at your application again ... a little awkward silence but nothing too major. I got a call back within 2 days after putting my app in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2015.

Interview

I had all 3 interviews with the recruiter, regional hr and regional manager. The regional hr said not to worry if I don't hear back right away and that interview was 2 months ago and never heard back from anyone. I sent an email following up about a month after the last interview and no response. I just think it's bad practice to not notify someone.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you helped develop an associate to the next level   Answer Question