Burlington Coat Factory Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.9

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Murrieta, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, on a Monday; received a call for an interview about a few hours later from me applying on the same day. I was scheduled to come in the next and go through a group interview process. The interview was about 1 and a half hours, and the person conducting the interview was very comedic and talked throughout the entire interview only allowing us to answer one or two questions he asked us. Once the interview came to a close, he told us that he would contact us about doing a second interview later on in the week (a specific date and time was given). He said that if we did not receive a call by then, then the company has decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service and what does it mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What was a bad customer service experience you've received recently?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something know about the company.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you received good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

pretty much the easiest interview i ever had. I had a group interview with me and another girl and soon as we sat down she pretty much already gave us the job. She explained to us exactly what we would be doing, pay, and work entire, and then said your hired. She was going to ask us the basic interview questions but said our "personality" did it for her. Pretty much all you have to do is smile a lot and be available on weekends and you got the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day for an interview. I laughed at the horrible jokes and wore a very plain sweater with dress pants and just did my hair/makeup simply. It was maybe the next day or day after, I was called and asked to accept the position. I did horrible in the interview and never expected to hear back. I started at 8 in the morning the next day. First 3 days, I worked 10 hours each. You always begin training on a Saturday (worst day ever. It's like a stress test.)

Interview Questions

• What philoposphy do you live by?   1 Answer
    • Why did you work at your previous job for such a short time?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a name you prefer other than your real?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What makes a bad work environment?   1 Answer
    • Did you go to college and what for? Do you plan to go back?   Answer Question
    • How long do you plan on working for us?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability?   1 Answer
    • What kind of work environment is ideal?   1 Answer
    • How far do you live?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You negotiate nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I applied the 14 & got an interview for the 25th i applied on my computer. It was very easy dress appropriate & make sure your hair is done

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Burlington?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

The interview was a half day (from 9-12:30). You were first brought into a room with all applicants and sat at tables with the people you would later interview with. It was nice to meet them first unofficially as you got an overview of the company. Then you were brought to each of their offices for four 25 minute interviews. They didn't seem as long as I thought they would and they were very conversational interviews.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Long Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Depends on recruiters. I was supposed to do face to face interview but then they changed it over to a Skype interview which ended up being a phone interview due to connection problems. From what I gathered, the first phase is a face to face interview with a recruiter. The second phase is an interview with the Vice President which is conducted in a similar fashion. The question format is almost the same. Overall, my recruiter was real nice and very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• 1.What did you learn in your research about Burlington Coat Factory?   1 Answer
    • How have you gone above and beyond to provide excellent customer service in the past?   1 Answer
    • What is something that you can work on?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly it was a real simple nd quick process for me. Only because I don't have much work experience this would only be my second job. So it really wasn't to many questions they could ask. I interviewed with two managers they were both very nice nd down to earth. So after I finished the questions they told me they were going to send me a background form to fill out. Nd then after that they would let me know if I got it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when u have experienced good customer service. They also asked about my availability. Then they asked would I b able to keep up in a fast paced environment. How do I deal with a rude customer .   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended a job fair that Burlington Coat Factory was having. While there the manager spoke about the pay ($8.38/ hour), the hours (part time; 15 -25 hrs/ wk) , the dress code ( black shirt and beige or black pants; no jeans or leggings), things of the nature.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Grapevine, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a four part experience. I applied online, received a call within two weeks. Had my interview within that week. Received the call saying I was hired the following week. Was told to go online to set up my work profile and come in that following Saturday for hands on training (paid). Received my first check the following pay day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bettendorf, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and harmless, only took about 15-20min. You're asked simple questions that most retail businesses may ask. Manager was friendly and understanding of my second job. Offered to raise my pay on the spot due to my prior retail experience.