Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

Various Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I talked to one of the managers in the main office. He asked what my availability was, how long I'd been shopping at Burlington, if I had thought there'd been any changes, about my previous work experience, and how my former employer would describe me. At the end, he told me I would be contacted the next day to be told whether or not I got the job. I was contacted three days later instead by another manager who asked me how I felt about working in the sales department. I was never even told I was hired, he just told me to bring my bank information to set up the direct deposit. I went to do that and he told me orientation was in two days. Orientation was two hours long, we got a tour of the store, we filled out paperwork, and we got our schedule for the next week.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Was contacted by an extremely friendly & helpful recruiter. We exchanged several emails and then spoke on the phone. She wanted me to speak with the VP of stores and we set up a date/time to do so. Interview with VP seemed like we weren't having the same conversation. I was asked a lot of people questions and questions about understanding the business model. It felt like I was not being neither seriously considered or that they were even listening to my answers. It all felt rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • I expected some discussion of business metrics and discussion of relevant experience. The entire line of questioning was unexpected.   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2013.

Applied online and got a call 3 weeks later for an interview. Went to my interview, manager intervied me for about 20 mins. She was really nice and funny. Told me what I would be doing if I were hired and then left.

Fitting Room Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Applied online and got a call about 3 weeks later for a job interview. Met with HR and had a 5 minute interview. She scheduled an interview with store manager next day. Store manager asked 3 basic questions and asked what position I wanted. Said background check info would be emailed to me and to fill it out. 3 days later HR called to say I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • All basic...when is a time you RECIEVED great customer service, name a time when something unexpected happen at work, whàt did you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Minimum wage $7.25

MTA Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

They called me right after my submit my application. Then come to the store for the interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

telephone call for interview scheduling. on the day of interview i was interview by the HR and store manager. The interview was approximately 30 minute. after all, I sign up for screening process and if that produce positive i was promise i'll get the job

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

My hours

Cashier Interview

I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Minimum wage,No negotiaition