Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2012.

I received a phone call from a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me basic questions related to my managing experience. A week later I met with the DM and the District HR Manager. The interview was fairly intense but still went very well. They were up front and honest with me that they were opening several stores and to be patient with them in there hiring process. Two weeks after meeting with the DM and the Hr Manager, I had an interview with the store manager that was very informal. No questions were asked. He just wanted to meet me to see if we could work together. Three weeks after meeting the store manager for an interview, I sat down with the Regional Operations Manager for my 4th and final interview. The interview was intense, but I was able to get through it. I walked to the store with the Store Manager and Regional Operations Manager. Two more weeks passed and I received a call from the Regional Manager with an offer, well above what I was looking for and an apology that it took so long (about 2 months). I was impresssed with there offer and gladly accepted it.

Interview Questions
    Exceeded what I was asking for..

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

Manager allowed me to have an interview after submitting online application. He asked about how would I approach my team members being above them. He also asked how would I handle difficult situations. The biggest challenge he described was handling my team members if I got hired,I would have to get them motivated and make them do their assignments without being harsh. He loved me and my strong personality, saying I was responsible, mature and seemed like I could handle anything. I have prior experience working in customer service etc. Anyways, I thought I was totally going to get it.Untill dum dum dum........the HR manager wanted to interview me...but no, apparently my availability was not enough for them (and I had a lot of availiblity) That was just an excuse I believe.They probably wanted someone with more retail experience and a degree for that position who knows.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

They wanted a background check. I didn't get the supervisor position, but the nice manager who loved me said I could work as an associate. For me, 8$ an hour in retail, not worth it, and a background check? not for me.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2009.

Called by HR then went in for face to face with head of planning, 2 buyers and 2 DM's. Received offer 2 days later.

No negotiation was accepted

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

Had one interview with the buyer and GMM. Recieved a call promptly.

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harwood Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harwood Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2012.

Applied online got a phone call a few days later. I went in for an interview. i was interviewed by two managers. Most of the questions were tell me about a time when... kind of questions and how did u handle it. They asked so many questions i cant remember them all. I was interviewed for like 20 mins and i waited to get interviewed like 15 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you handle it.
      What is customer service

Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

I filled out the application and received a phone call for an interview a few days later. I went to the interview - typical interview questions with one that threw me off. Sadly, I can't remember what it was. Anyways: The manager was very nice and said I would receive a phone call after a week - I never did, but I'm not surprised because Home Depot did the same thing to me.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember; maybe it was something about independence?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Two interviews, old school interview

Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2010.

I sent a resume and was given an interview within a few days. I was prepared for a long interview with many of the usual questions however it surprised me to have the whole interview complete in one hour. I felt the questions asked were relevent to the job for which I had applied and not many of those silly questions that I hate were asked. My salary requirements were too high for this position so it didn't work out. The managers I met were friendly and didn't appear to be full of themselves. The store environment seemed relaxed though maybe a little dirty looking. Extremely small office space.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2008.

One interview ask question, do back ground check, then call you within a week to come in and do paper work and watch video's and give you a start date.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2010.

Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.