Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews

Management Interview

Management

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – I sent a resume and was given an interview within a few days. I was prepared for a long interview with many of the usual questions however it surprised me to have the whole interview complete in one hour. I felt the questions asked were relevent to the job for which I had applied and not many of those silly questions that I hate were asked. My salary requirements were too high for this position so it didn't work out. The managers I met were friendly and didn't appear to be full of themselves. The store environment seemed relaxed though maybe a little dirty looking. Extremely small office space.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2008.

Interview Details – One interview ask question, do back ground check, then call you within a week to come in and do paper work and watch video's and give you a start date.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Loss Prevention Associate
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2010.

Interview Details – Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to stay with the company?   Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Customer Service Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

Interview Details – I first talked to manager, talked about myself, and basically I filled out employment form, and I told them I was available at such and such times, and think I might get a job if my hours fit them. Availability to work hours they need is important. Lots of associates here in addition to opportunity to meet wide range of people.

Buyer's Clerk Interview

Buyer's Clerk
Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process and feedback took a lot longer than expected.

Interview Question – Math test.   View Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Corporate Counsel

The process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application, had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Was offered job shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some salary negotiation.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, got phone call from HR department of company, set up interview for the following week, arrived 10 minutes early, met with the District Manager, talked about the company culture, promotional opportunities, my prior experience and why I felt I could contribute to the company. Talked about my long career in the industry, asked a lot of questions about the company and why was the position being filled. Wanted to know why the previous manager left the company. Asked about work/life balance. Basically in retail, there is no balance. You're expected to do whatever it takes to get the job done. There's no such thing as going home after 8 hours. A minimum of 50 hours a week is the norm.

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very pleasent.
The one on one I thought went very well.
After 2 weeks got an email stating they went with someone else.
Never think you got the job no matter how much you laugh and talk during the interview.

Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter , telephone interview with recruiter, in person interview with HR manager , and interview with Regional Manager

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last employer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations was done , the recruiter told me what the salary was upfront

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2009.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview.

Interview Question – Have you had experience managing a team before?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory