Burlington Coat Factory

138 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MTA Interview

MTA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – They called me right after my submit my application. Then come to the store for the interview

Interview Question – What do you think of a good customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Advisory Interview

Advisory
State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2013.

Interview Details – I talked to Donna at the campus career fair and she was extremely friendly. In fact, everyone I've come into contact with at Burlington Coat Factory has been very nice. I had an interview with the Vice President of Advisory. The question were not difficult, it was very relaxed in fact.

Interview Question – He didn't ask many difficult questions. Most of them were easy to answer like "what was your favorite class?" also he asked how have you demonstrated leadership and what made you interested in studying finance.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled application online
Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
I got hired on the spot.
They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Kingsport, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Question – They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Kingsport, TN

Interview Details – I was hired back when the Milsteins owned the company. I was interviewed mostly over the phone so I would not say that was a great experience. I like to be face to face especially in an interview.

Interview Question – The hardest question that I remember was pertaining to merchandising and I had been doing a similar position for 10+ years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Real easy. We agreed upon a salary right then and there. No call backs or negotiations.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Logistics Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the store manager after applying on line and then a second interview with the district manager

Interview Question – Are you ok with having people dislike you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Merchandise Team Associate
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – Simple. He asked basic questions - most, directed to my opinion or personal experience and a few about my work background.

Interview Question – Most unexpected- it was somewhere along the lines of "Name a time, you went above and beyond to do something for some one else.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2009.

Interview Details – applied online m first basic retail question called for second interview

Interview Question – availability   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and a couple days later I got a call asking to come in for an interview. I showed up about 5 minutes early, and it took about another 10 minutes to get to my interviewer because they were so busy. I met with the Cashier Manager first (the one who called me) and she was super nice. She asked things like, "What experience and characteristics do you have that would make you a good fit here? Tell about a time when you had to be honest about a mistake you made." Things like that. Then she told me that was the end of the initial interview, then she brought in the Store Manager for a second interview. She was also very nice. She asked things like, "What are your plans for the future? What is your standard of customer service and how to you achieve that? A time when you were in a team." She told me she thought I would be a good fit here and offered me a job on the spot, pending drug test, etc.

Interview Question – A time when you had to take initiative.   Answer Question