Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.0

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2010.

Contacted by recruiter , telephone interview with recruiter, in person interview with HR manager , and interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions
    No negotiations was done , the recruiter told me what the salary was upfront

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2009.

Straight forward interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience managing a team before?   View Answer

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin.com. He emailed about openings in the area and scheduled a phone interview with me within the same week. Phone interview was about 45 minutes, standard questions and answered many questions that I had about the company. The following week I was contacted by HR and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Again, very standard straight forward questions. I was given very honest information about the company culture and the position expectations that I was interviewing for. I had a third phone interview the following week and was then made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Walk the sales floor and tell me how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

The process to get the interview was very quick and easy. I applied online and a few days later the HR lady emailed me about setting up an interview. It took a few days for her to get back to me. When I went to interview there were 2 other people there and after about 15 minutes 2 others showed up. My interview was for 11am and I didn't get called back til 12pm. Apparently they scheduled 6 people for an interview at 11am. Which I found to be very inappropriate and disorganized. The interview itself was very basic. She asked about previous work experience and what kinds of product have I merchandised before. I did feel like the interview was a little rushed and this was probably because they had made the mistake of scheduling so many people for the same time.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2010.

Pretty straightforward

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan to stay with Burlington?   View Answer
    None

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2008.

Interview went really good. However, it seemed that the Store Manager did not have control on who was hired but that the District Manager was pulling the strings.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you think you should get paid?   View Answer
    • Do you think you are worth what you are asking for?   View Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Spoke with recruiter and although nice missed the call back time frame he stated.When we did speak he asked general questions and it left a pleasant experience. I was brought in for face to face interview and the manager was easily the most unprepared manger I've ever met with. Didn't have my resume -luckily I had mine. She didn't know my name. No questions prepared just said "so what you got". She turned away multiple times during the interview to look at email while I was speaking. I had some documents prepared just for this interview and she expressed no interest in seeing them. About half way through I lost interest. I wrote a thank you letter to the recruiter but that was merely just me being nice. I received no response and no rejection letter which wasn't a surprise either.. I was not interested in that specific position or working with that manager so it didn't matter to me.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

I was first interviewed by a lady in HR. She explained the job to me in detail and asked me some questions about what I expected to be doing should I get the job. After talking with her for an hour, she scheduled another interview with another person in the department on a different day. I returned and spoke with the second interviewer who asked me about my professional experience working in an office setting. I was then scheduled for a third interview which took place the next day. This interviewer asked what I thought the job of HR was and what the department did. She also explained to me that going into HR you have to set yourself apart from the other employees with regards to confidentiality. She then suggested that I meet with someone already in the position to find out more of what they did everyday.

Interview Questions
    • How are your writing skills? What was I supposed to say besides "Great!"   Answer Question

Mardiwn Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2010.

The first time I went to interview with the store manager where I made ??couple of questions from my last job. After I get the result of background I went to a second interview with the assistant manager in which he explained that it was my job to finish the delivery of documents. He gave me a tour around the store and ended by taking a safety test.

Interview Questions
    I simply accept what they offered me.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2012.

i applied online and after 3 days the store manager called me interviewed me on the phone. after phone interview asked me to come for 1.1 interview. went to the store for interview all questions are basic like why bcf? etc... didnt get the job cos im not available to there prefered shift.