Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
138 candidate interviews

Store Management Interview

Store Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin.com. He emailed about openings in the area and scheduled a phone interview with me within the same week. Phone interview was about 45 minutes, standard questions and answered many questions that I had about the company. The following week I was contacted by HR and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Again, very standard straight forward questions. I was given very honest information about the company culture and the position expectations that I was interviewing for. I had a third phone interview the following week and was then made an offer.

Interview Question – Walk the sales floor and tell me how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Assistant Merchandise Manager
Turnersville, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

Interview Details – The process to get the interview was very quick and easy. I applied online and a few days later the HR lady emailed me about setting up an interview. It took a few days for her to get back to me. When I went to interview there were 2 other people there and after about 15 minutes 2 others showed up. My interview was for 11am and I didn't get called back til 12pm. Apparently they scheduled 6 people for an interview at 11am. Which I found to be very inappropriate and disorganized. The interview itself was very basic. She asked about previous work experience and what kinds of product have I merchandised before. I did feel like the interview was a little rushed and this was probably because they had made the mistake of scheduling so many people for the same time.

Interview Question – What types products & brands have you merchandised   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward

Interview Question – How long do you plan to stay with Burlington?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview went really good. However, it seemed that the Store Manager did not have control on who was hired but that the District Manager was pulling the strings.

Interview Questions

• How much do you think you should get paid?   View Answer
  • Do you think you are worth what you are asking for?   View Answer

Social Media Interview

Social Media
Burlington, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Spoke with recruiter and although nice missed the call back time frame he stated.When we did speak he asked general questions and it left a pleasant experience. I was brought in for face to face interview and the manager was easily the most unprepared manger I've ever met with. Didn't have my resume -luckily I had mine. She didn't know my name. No questions prepared just said "so what you got". She turned away multiple times during the interview to look at email while I was speaking. I had some documents prepared just for this interview and she expressed no interest in seeing them. About half way through I lost interest. I wrote a thank you letter to the recruiter but that was merely just me being nice. I received no response and no rejection letter which wasn't a surprise either.. I was not interested in that specific position or working with that manager so it didn't matter to me.

Interview Question – so what you got   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Burlington, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was first interviewed by a lady in HR. She explained the job to me in detail and asked me some questions about what I expected to be doing should I get the job. After talking with her for an hour, she scheduled another interview with another person in the department on a different day. I returned and spoke with the second interviewer who asked me about my professional experience working in an office setting. I was then scheduled for a third interview which took place the next day. This interviewer asked what I thought the job of HR was and what the department did. She also explained to me that going into HR you have to set yourself apart from the other employees with regards to confidentiality. She then suggested that I meet with someone already in the position to find out more of what they did everyday.

Interview Question – How are your writing skills? What was I supposed to say besides "Great!"   Answer Question

Mardiwn Interview

Mardiwn

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in April 2010.

Interview Details – The first time I went to interview with the store manager where I made ??couple of questions from my last job. After I get the result of background I went to a second interview with the assistant manager in which he explained that it was my job to finish the delivery of documents. He gave me a tour around the store and ended by taking a safety test.

Interview Question – What are the job expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I simply accept what they offered me.

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate
Brick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2012.

Interview Details – i applied online and after 3 days the store manager called me interviewed me on the phone. after phone interview asked me to come for 1.1 interview. went to the store for interview all questions are basic like why bcf? etc... didnt get the job cos im not available to there prefered shift.

Interview Question – my availability?   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Merchandise Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very generic, I was all prepared to get grilled and it seemed like they just wanted to know I could merchandise. Interestingly enough, this company is way more operational broken due to old and antiquated processes and they were worried about a merchant! The manager and HR was very nice and very simple. It was an easy process, took a long time to hear back. That seemed weird.

Interview Question – Tell me about the brands you merchandised.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was as is, no further opportunity to negotiate. Not sure how long I will stay since they are well below other retailers on pay scale. They don't seem to care about that and said they'll look into it, which means they won't Turn seems high in these roles.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very basic and typical. If I had a criminal background or if I saw a peer steal would I report it. Also asked about past employment and the reasons for leaving, and the ever so popular have you ever been terminated from a job and why.

Interview Question – What is a weakness of mine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They want to offer you $10 (if you are lucky) but because I had some retail experience I squeezed out $13

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory