Burlington Coat Factory

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2008.

One interview ask question, do back ground check, then call you within a week to come in and do paper work and watch video's and give you a start date.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2010.

Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.

Customer Service Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

I first talked to manager, talked about myself, and basically I filled out employment form, and I told them I was available at such and such times, and think I might get a job if my hours fit them. Availability to work hours they need is important. Lots of associates here in addition to opportunity to meet wide range of people.

Buyer's Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2008.

The interview process and feedback took a lot longer than expected.

Corporate Counsel Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2009.

Submitted application, had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Was offered job shortly thereafter.

Some salary negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2009.

Applied online, got phone call from HR department of company, set up interview for the following week, arrived 10 minutes early, met with the District Manager, talked about the company culture, promotional opportunities, my prior experience and why I felt I could contribute to the company. Talked about my long career in the industry, asked a lot of questions about the company and why was the position being filled. Wanted to know why the previous manager left the company. Asked about work/life balance. Basically in retail, there is no balance. You're expected to do whatever it takes to get the job done. There's no such thing as going home after 8 hours. A minimum of 50 hours a week is the norm.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

The phone interview was very pleasent.
    The one on one I thought went very well.
    After 2 weeks got an email stating they went with someone else.
    Never think you got the job no matter how much you laugh and talk during the interview.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2010.

Contacted by recruiter , telephone interview with recruiter, in person interview with HR manager , and interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions
    No negotiations was done , the recruiter told me what the salary was upfront

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2009.

Straight forward interview.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had experience managing a team before?   View Answer

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin.com. He emailed about openings in the area and scheduled a phone interview with me within the same week. Phone interview was about 45 minutes, standard questions and answered many questions that I had about the company. The following week I was contacted by HR and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Again, very standard straight forward questions. I was given very honest information about the company culture and the position expectations that I was interviewing for. I had a third phone interview the following week and was then made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Walk the sales floor and tell me how you would improve it.   Answer Question