Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.0

Customer Service Cashier Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2010.

I first talked to manager, talked about myself, and basically I filled out employment form, and I told them I was available at such and such times, and think I might get a job if my hours fit them. Availability to work hours they need is important. Lots of associates here in addition to opportunity to meet wide range of people.

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2014.

The interviewer was really nice and made me feel comfortable. He expressed that he didn't particularly like the interview process of the company but asked me the 7 questions required anyway. It was fairly easy and I was basically told I had the job before I left, I just had to fill out the background check form and tax form when I got home. I expect to hear back this week about hiring, orientation, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made in the workplace and tell me how you corrected it and overcame it   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2008.

Interview went really good. However, it seemed that the Store Manager did not have control on who was hired but that the District Manager was pulling the strings.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you think you should get paid?   View Answer
    • Do you think you are worth what you are asking for?   View Answer

Store Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter through linkedin.com. He emailed about openings in the area and scheduled a phone interview with me within the same week. Phone interview was about 45 minutes, standard questions and answered many questions that I had about the company. The following week I was contacted by HR and scheduled a 1:1 interview. Again, very standard straight forward questions. I was given very honest information about the company culture and the position expectations that I was interviewing for. I had a third phone interview the following week and was then made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Walk the sales floor and tell me how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2008.

It has changed since I started. Pretty typical today, new online process, easy process and basic interview, depends on which position. Sometimes regional team may speak with you, but always personal

Interview Questions
    yes, always negotiable. Benefits are not, nor is vacation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2013.

Applied online, received call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Filled application online
    Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
    I got hired on the spot.
    They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2010.

Pretty straightforward

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan to stay with Burlington?   View Answer
    None