Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview of what I expected. The interviewing staff seems really friendly and honest. I appreciated the interviewers being upfront with everything as far as their expectations, job duties, and scheduling. I had filled out my application online and was called to schedule the interview at a store.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2009.

Interview Details – After applying I got a phone call for my first interview. The first interview went decently, but it was about another month before I was called in for the second one. The second one was pretty relaxed and not too much pressure. The interviewers for both times were very pleasant.

Interview Question – How have you made a difference for your self and your company through the efforts of customer service. What was it that you did and what was the effect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate anything. They were very firm about what they would offer.

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2010.

Interview Details – Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to stay with the company?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews. Applied online did one phone interview one in person interview one interview with LP supervsior and one interview with store manger. Very easy and laid back process.

Interview Question – How would you get an employee who does not care about the company and policy to comply with Loss Prevention policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to. Was offered what i asked for.

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – The interview questions were very basic and typical. If I had a criminal background or if I saw a peer steal would I report it. Also asked about past employment and the reasons for leaving, and the ever so popular have you ever been terminated from a job and why.

Interview Question – What is a weakness of mine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They want to offer you $10 (if you are lucky) but because I had some retail experience I squeezed out $13

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

Interview Details – First interview: hired
Second interview: placement
Phone call: salary

Interview Question – What does 'customer service' mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I mentioned that another store wanted to hire me and offered me a certain wage so they offered me two dollars more per hour than the other store.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Loss Prevention Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.