Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Process took about three weeks, I'm a recent college grad and was in the midst of applying to a bunch of jobs. I received a brief phone interview first with the area loss prevention supervisor, then I was told if they decided to go further I'd speak with the regional LP in which I did via email and eventually telephone maybe about a week later. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the store I would be LP in even though she had no actual say on the final decision. The face to face with the store manager was the interview in which i thought for sure I was a lost cause seeing as to how i was almost 30 minutes late and I completely froze up a various points throughout the interview. After not hearing anything for a couple days I decided to call the regional LP for an update and to my surprise I had been offered the job. I was started at what i now know is a very low rate for LP but I'm guessing it's due to the fact I had no previous LP experience although every job I've had has been retail of some sort and I have a 4 year degree in criminal justice along with a technical degree in criminal justice. I'm lucky though because they took a chance with me despite having no LP background and I was chosen from amongst 30+ other applicants, some of which I'm sure had LP experience. Guess my degree did help some after all.

Interview Questions
  • Being asked to explain loss prevention in detail since I only knew the surface of the title although I knew it was a position I would be great in.   Answer Question
Did not negotiate because I was lucky to be offered position since I had no LP experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Pretty basic interview of what I expected. The interviewing staff seems really friendly and honest. I appreciated the interviewers being upfront with everything as far as their expectations, job duties, and scheduling. I had filled out my application online and was called to schedule the interview at a store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2010.

Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2009.

After applying I got a phone call for my first interview. The first interview went decently, but it was about another month before I was called in for the second one. The second one was pretty relaxed and not too much pressure. The interviewers for both times were very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you made a difference for your self and your company through the efforts of customer service. What was it that you did and what was the effect.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate anything. They were very firm about what they would offer.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

3 Interviews. Applied online did one phone interview one in person interview one interview with LP supervsior and one interview with store manger. Very easy and laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get an employee who does not care about the company and policy to comply with Loss Prevention policy?   Answer Question
    No need to. Was offered what i asked for.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The interview questions were very basic and typical. If I had a criminal background or if I saw a peer steal would I report it. Also asked about past employment and the reasons for leaving, and the ever so popular have you ever been terminated from a job and why.

Interview Questions
    They want to offer you $10 (if you are lucky) but because I had some retail experience I squeezed out $13

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2011.

First interview: hired
    Second interview: placement
    Phone call: salary

Interview Questions
    • What does 'customer service' mean to you?   View Answer
    I mentioned that another store wanted to hire me and offered me a certain wage so they offered me two dollars more per hour than the other store.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!