Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Question – One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward

Interview Question – How long do you plan to stay with Burlington?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Management

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details – I sent a resume and was given an interview within a few days. I was prepared for a long interview with many of the usual questions however it surprised me to have the whole interview complete in one hour. I felt the questions asked were relevent to the job for which I had applied and not many of those silly questions that I hate were asked. My salary requirements were too high for this position so it didn't work out. The managers I met were friendly and didn't appear to be full of themselves. The store environment seemed relaxed though maybe a little dirty looking. Extremely small office space.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Management interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.