Burlington Coat Factory

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – When I interviewed with BCF the process was very simple. One on one with store manager and then again with district manager. This process has changed greatly over the years. Managers now go through a more structured and lengthy process, meeting with store manager and regional partners. They now use a written format.

Negotiation Details – Fine. They gave me the salary I requested.

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I was very disappointed with the interview process at Burlington. I had received an e-mail in regards to scheduling a phone interview. I responded with answering the questions of when I was available to interview and provided a phone number, and did not receive any further communication. A week later I received a very unexpected call from the recruiter to interview me. I wasn't near my phone and missed her call. I immediately called her back, as well as sent a follow up e-mail. She responded to my e-mail apologizing for the miscommunication, and set up an interview for the next day. I confirmed the scheduled time, and she e-mailed back that she looked forward to our call. I never heard from the recruiter. Overall very unprofessional.

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Question – There were several "what would do" scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very generic, I was all prepared to get grilled and it seemed like they just wanted to know I could merchandise. Interestingly enough, this company is way more operational broken due to old and antiquated processes and they were worried about a merchant! The manager and HR was very nice and very simple. It was an easy process, took a long time to hear back. That seemed weird.

Interview Question – Tell me about the brands you merchandised.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was as is, no further opportunity to negotiate. Not sure how long I will stay since they are well below other retailers on pay scale. They don't seem to care about that and said they'll look into it, which means they won't Turn seems high in these roles.

Merchandise Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2011.

Interview Details – The store manager called me and we set up an interview. It went very well. Showed me around the store and we discussed the needs for the store. Next step was with the HR person. That also went well. I found out that they do not want to pay for experienced people. And they tend to have a high turnover due to work load compared to pay.

Interview Question – Did not find the process difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!