Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went great. The manger was nice and very professional. She even joked around a few times. She asked me 6 questions, which were very easy. She changed a few questions due to it being my first job and i had JUST graduated from high school. All in all, it went well and i was hired on spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call on Sunday, came in on Monday for an interview, the lady was really laid back, asked me about my experience and to describe what I did at each job. Pretty much basic customer service questions. interview lasted about 20 minutes, did a background check and got called two days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

starts at 7.75 goes up to 8.00 after three months and 9.00 after six months

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended a job fair that Burlington Coat Factory was having. While there the manager spoke about the pay ($8.38/ hour), the hours (part time; 15 -25 hrs/ wk) , the dress code ( black shirt and beige or black pants; no jeans or leggings), things of the nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Bettendorf, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was quick and harmless, only took about 15-20min. You're asked simple questions that most retail businesses may ask. Manager was friendly and understanding of my second job. Offered to raise my pay on the spot due to my prior retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, one of the managers called 2 weeks after to schedule an interview, after the interview i was told to wait for the background check and then i could start.

Interview Questions

• Wore experience and customer service related question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Back when I first applied it was very easy, you filled out a paper application then were interviewed. Now I believe you must apply online and pass an assessment, if they do not call back you didn't pass the assessment. Very easy to get hired, most people don't have any education and they don't seem to do background/drug checks.
    Interview questions are EASY.

Interview Questions

• (assuming you worked retail) how do you respond to change on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating done, if you get hired for a supervisor position try to ask for more than current minimum wage + 1 dollar or else thats what they'll pay you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate at all

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

appliend online, than i get a call for an interview about a week after , simple interview with the manager,talked about availability and the compagny , no real hard question ,just be friendly and confident

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online
    Process took a week
    Interview Process basic questions
    General Questions
    Work Experience related questions
    Customer Service related questions
    Describe a time where you receive good customer service.
    Describe a time where you receive bad customer service.
    Strength/Weaknesses

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2014.

Interview

Called in for an interview the next day, asked basic questions.
    Why do i want to work here, what am i doing right now, whats my goal, have i ever been in a conflict with a customer, if so how did i fix it.