Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Hired fast but very unorganized management

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details – telephone call for interview scheduling. on the day of interview i was interview by the HR and store manager. The interview was approximately 30 minute. after all, I sign up for screening process and if that produce positive i was promise i'll get the job

Interview Question – how will you solve a conflict   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Brick, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was a piece of cake. Received a call for an interview the night after I had applied. Interview had it's usual questions. Manager was very easy going and enjoyable to talk to. Went over the work atmosphere, introduced to several employees at the end of interview. Just stay calm, smile and answer with a positive attitude!

Interview Question – "How long do you plan to stay working in this company?"   Answer Question

Davenport, IA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled application online
Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
I got hired on the spot.
They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2009.

Interview Details – applied online m first basic retail question called for second interview

Interview Question – availability   Answer Question

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details – Completed online application

Interview Question – What is the something about yourself that you need to improve   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the job as a part time sales associate

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received call

Interview Question – None. Common questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – Filled out job application at the store. Got a call about a month later. Only one interview and it was very easy. They called me back a few days later to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Received a call about two days after. Scheduled an interview time and day. Brought a copy of my resume and original official documents (social security and drivers license). Interview itself was less than 15 minutes. Was asked some questions about what I think is the most important thing in retail for the customer (make them comfortable and provide a memorable experience). Talked about the minimum wage being innegociable. Got the job. Went home and got a call to schedule the training. Training was basically filling out forms and understanding policies and walking around the sales floor.

Interview Question – What do you do when you can not properly help a customer asking for your help?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on the pay as it is a minimum wage position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.