Burlington Coat Factory

1.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Back when I first applied it was very easy, you filled out a paper application then were interviewed. Now I believe you must apply online and pass an assessment, if they do not call back you didn't pass the assessment. Very easy to get hired, most people don't have any education and they don't seem to do background/drug checks.
Interview questions are EASY.

Interview Questions
  • (assuming you worked retail) how do you respond to change on the sales floor?   View Answer
There wasn't really any negotiating done, if you get hired for a supervisor position try to ask for more than current minimum wage + 1 dollar or else thats what they'll pay you.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate at all

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

appliend online, than i get a call for an interview about a week after , simple interview with the manager,talked about availability and the compagny , no real hard question ,just be friendly and confident

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2014.

Applied online
    Process took a week
    Interview Process basic questions
    General Questions
    Work Experience related questions
    Customer Service related questions
    Describe a time where you receive good customer service.
    Describe a time where you receive bad customer service.
    Strength/Weaknesses

Sales Associate Interview

You have two interviews, each with a separate manager. Interviews are typically easy and just to make sure that you aren't some crazy person. There isn't a restrictive requirement as they are only trying to fill spots.

Interview Questions
    They tell you the rate and you decline or accent the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Hired fast but very unorganized management

Non Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

telephone call for interview scheduling. on the day of interview i was interview by the HR and store manager. The interview was approximately 30 minute. after all, I sign up for screening process and if that produce positive i was promise i'll get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Filled application online
    Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
    I got hired on the spot.
    They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Completed online application

Interview Questions
    • What is the something about yourself that you need to improve   Answer Question
    I was offered the job as a part time sales associate