Burlington Coat Factory Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in September 2008.

One interview ask question, do back ground check, then call you within a week to come in and do paper work and watch video's and give you a start date.

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2013.

Applied online, received call

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Filled application online
    Got a call back for an interview, went in a few days later. I got interviewed by the store manager. She asked me some questions, like why do you want to work here, why I left my last job.
    I got hired on the spot.
    They also do background checks. Mine took a few days for them to recieve it.

Dress code is black polo shirt and khaki pants

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Its ether $ 7.25 or $8.25 an hour. Depends on experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

telephone call for interview scheduling. on the day of interview i was interview by the HR and store manager. The interview was approximately 30 minute. after all, I sign up for screening process and if that produce positive i was promise i'll get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Called in, Asked for Interview, Offered the Job, Went to Orientation, Had to Wait 2 Months to Start Work

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I submitted my application and got a call back. I went to my interview wearing slacks and a blouse which they were appreciative of. I had a rather short interview with an assistant manager he asked routine questions and gave me a tour of the department. I later had another interview with the store manager and was asked about my experience and how i would handle certain situations with difficult customers. In the end I was asked some questions about myself (they wanted to see if I would make a good fit) and the interview was over. It took about an hour and I received a call the next day asking if I was still interested and that they wanted me to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2009.

applied online m first basic retail question called for second interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2015.

Applied online, one of the managers called 2 weeks after to schedule an interview, after the interview i was told to wait for the background check and then i could start.

Interview Questions
    • Wore experience and customer service related question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in November 2012.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about two days after. Scheduled an interview time and day. Brought a copy of my resume and original official documents (social security and drivers license). Interview itself was less than 15 minutes. Was asked some questions about what I think is the most important thing in retail for the customer (make them comfortable and provide a memorable experience). Talked about the minimum wage being innegociable. Got the job. Went home and got a call to schedule the training. Training was basically filling out forms and understanding policies and walking around the sales floor.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you can not properly help a customer asking for your help?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation on the pay as it is a minimum wage position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2008.

All I did was apply.. I was then called in for an interview. I was offered the job on the spot! I was 16 and it paid $8 an hour and the pay was weekly. I accepted! Great experience I had already had retail experience (working at excerd). The job wasn't hard all I was asked was my availability

N/A