Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview Details – When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Question – The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Redford, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Question – Where I see myself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic offer for retail.

Lilburn, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair hosted at the department of labor in my county. I had two interviews. it seemed you had to do well in the first interview to get to the second one. the interviewer noted that I was dressed up and asked what I was looking for in terms of a job. I told her that I wanted to grow with the company. I don't remember what the second interviewer asked but I do remember my answers: that I wanted to grow with the company and that I would be willing to do any job no matter how small or outside my job description it seemed.

Interview Question – He asked me about some health issues i had mentioned because I needed every tuesday off to see a health care provider   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. you're offered $7.50/hour, part time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Sales Floor Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.