Burlington Coat Factory Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. First I met with a woman who wasn't even a manager. She was really sweet and asked easy questions about my previous experience and such. That lasted about 15 minutes and then I met with the Operations Manager in the next room. He was really awesome and asked basically the same questions. That lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot. Orientation and training was about a week later. I got hired as seasonal, but they ended up asking me to stay permanently. I had a lot of fun at that job and the days went by so fast. I was kind of caught off guard when they changed my position all of a sudden to the merchandising team. Overall, great company to work for. The managers constantly encouraged you and acknowledged your hard work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start at minimum wage

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

interview was pretty simple. asked typical questions about skills and personality. the interview was short and it seemed like the manager only wanted an idea of what kind of worker I was. They asked a few questions about past employments, what i liked or did not like about my jobs. And also to explain a time where I had received great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me a hourly wage offer of 8.25, asked if it was okay but did not give much as far as negotiating goes. They only go by experience slightly when determining a wage.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview

I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Filled out paper work and did some process over the computer. Doesn't take long at all. Overall everything went well. I wasn't nervous at all and the manager was awesome. Very nice personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate how much they would pay me an hour. They wanted to start me off at $7.25 and it was to low for me. I had asked for $8 and he said he couldn't do that. So we left it at $7.75

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

It was pretty simple. They hire any and everyone. Which is why the company is flat out horrible. They hire people with little to absolutely no experience and new people are in and out every single day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Palmdale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked pretty basic questions for an interview. They really needed someone for the department so they hired me very soon after the interview. It was one on one with the department manager and then I had a second interview with the store manager and filled out all the paper work.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Lilburn, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I went to a career fair hosted at the department of labor in my county. I had two interviews. it seemed you had to do well in the first interview to get to the second one. the interviewer noted that I was dressed up and asked what I was looking for in terms of a job. I told her that I wanted to grow with the company. I don't remember what the second interviewer asked but I do remember my answers: that I wanted to grow with the company and that I would be willing to do any job no matter how small or outside my job description it seemed.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about some health issues i had mentioned because I needed every tuesday off to see a health care provider   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. you're offered $7.50/hour, part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory (Redford, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basic offer for retail.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview

When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.