Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Coat Factory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

interview was pretty simple. asked typical questions about skills and personality. the interview was short and it seemed like the manager only wanted an idea of what kind of worker I was. They asked a few questions about past employments, what i liked or did not like about my jobs. And also to explain a time where I had received great customer service.

Interview Questions
    they gave me a hourly wage offer of 8.25, asked if it was okay but did not give much as far as negotiating goes. They only go by experience slightly when determining a wage.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lilburn, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

I went to a career fair hosted at the department of labor in my county. I had two interviews. it seemed you had to do well in the first interview to get to the second one. the interviewer noted that I was dressed up and asked what I was looking for in terms of a job. I told her that I wanted to grow with the company. I don't remember what the second interviewer asked but I do remember my answers: that I wanted to grow with the company and that I would be willing to do any job no matter how small or outside my job description it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about some health issues i had mentioned because I needed every tuesday off to see a health care provider   View Answer
    no negotiation. you're offered $7.50/hour, part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redford, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redford, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2012.

Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Basic offer for retail.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

The hiring and interview process was for the most part very simple ,but I will say I was interviewed twice in the same day. The first interview was given by the merchandise manager. Then after I finished up with him he ask if it would be ok if his manager was to meet with me and ask couple of questions. In the end I was interview twice but in the second interview the head manager call in all the other managers .I guess that's a good sign because was hire that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • "Which associate is worst?" That's the question you must ask yourself in these scenarios I'm about to give you . You walk in to the store and you see a fellow associate eat the candy by the registers ,then as you make your way to the time clock to swipe your card the person in front of you swipes someone else's card "WHO IS NOT "present at work, which is worst?   View Answer
    • If you had to pick one word to describe yourself what would that word be?   View Answer
    • Do you have open availability? Meaning are you available to be scheduled on weekends and called in mon-fri if needed.   View Answer
    • What kind of name is that ,Ive never seen those names before, what are you? ,Where are you originally from? And other background questions but I think the majority of people will not get these questions if your name John Williams or something else generic skip this Q/A . I guess I look out of the ordinary because I've been asked this literally everyday I go to work by random customer and I put a generic name on my badge for everyone to call me.   View Answer
    • Why should I hire you over the person I interviewed before you?   View Answer
    The pay was nonegotiable if you came onto the team as a seasonal you get the bare minimum, which sucked but if they like the way you work and your available when they need you and you are always on time with your badge on and time card in hand they will most likely hire you then you can start negotiating.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2011.

The interview so very simple. I applied in person and then got called in for a even minute interview. Basic. I would have had to mess up very badly not to get it