Burlington Coat Factory

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Redford, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Question – Where I see myself in five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basic offer for retail.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in February 2012.

Interview Details – When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Question – The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Question – I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was for the most part very simple ,but I will say I was interviewed twice in the same day. The first interview was given by the merchandise manager. Then after I finished up with him he ask if it would be ok if his manager was to meet with me and ask couple of questions. In the end I was interview twice but in the second interview the head manager call in all the other managers .I guess that's a good sign because was hire that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• "Which associate is worst?" That's the question you must ask yourself in these scenarios I'm about to give you . You walk in to the store and you see a fellow associate eat the candy by the registers ,then as you make your way to the time clock to swipe your card the person in front of you swipes someone else's card "WHO IS NOT "present at work, which is worst?   View Answer
  • If you had to pick one word to describe yourself what would that word be?   View Answer
  • Do you have open availability? Meaning are you available to be scheduled on weekends and called in mon-fri if needed.   View Answer
  • What kind of name is that ,Ive never seen those names before, what are you? ,Where are you originally from? And other background questions but I think the majority of people will not get these questions if your name John Williams or something else generic skip this Q/A . I guess I look out of the ordinary because I've been asked this literally everyday I go to work by random customer and I put a generic name on my badge for everyone to call me.   View Answer
  • Why should I hire you over the person I interviewed before you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was nonegotiable if you came onto the team as a seasonal you get the bare minimum, which sucked but if they like the way you work and your available when they need you and you are always on time with your badge on and time card in hand they will most likely hire you then you can start negotiating.

Lilburn, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair hosted at the department of labor in my county. I had two interviews. it seemed you had to do well in the first interview to get to the second one. the interviewer noted that I was dressed up and asked what I was looking for in terms of a job. I told her that I wanted to grow with the company. I don't remember what the second interviewer asked but I do remember my answers: that I wanted to grow with the company and that I would be willing to do any job no matter how small or outside my job description it seemed.

Interview Question – He asked me about some health issues i had mentioned because I needed every tuesday off to see a health care provider   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. you're offered $7.50/hour, part time.

Sales Floor Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details – I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burlington Coat Factory

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burlington Coat Factory Sales Floor Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burlington Coat Factory employees and interview candidates.