Burlington Northern Santa Fe Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014
Updated Jun 12, 2014

3.3

Trackman/Drive Truck Driver and Work Track When On A Job Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe.

Lengthy= several days off current job for testing, physicals, drug tests and interview. 3rd grade test it seemed. They did thoroughly describe parts of bnsf but they don't work the field so they really don't know how it is out in the field for the company

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe in February 2014.

Internet application, call in 3 days. Interview: no-agenda, no-interview format, no-names or titles. Format: Panel Interview: 4-6 interviewers-2hrs. 2nd round basically same questions different set of people 2hrs. Felt as though I was auditioning for American Idol. Wondering how they will handle interviews for 5000 new hires. Long process.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    • How do you handle conflict with a team member or your manager?   View Answer
    • What is the most frustrating experience you experienced?   View Answer

Locomotive Engineer Interview

Extremely difficult and must "know" someone to get an interview

Conductor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe in April 2009.

Begin online, Submit Online Application for listed available positions as advertised. www.bnsf.com. You will receive an email regarding the application upon receipt in approximately a month. then followed by a written letter inviting you to an in person group interview and orientation. Soon after passing the in person group interview you will receive a written offer letter upon being selected for the available position.

Interview Questions
    • Safety oriented industry demands dedication. What routines do you use throughout the day that would demonstrate your safe behaviors?   View Answer
    we would like to welcome you to our team if you accept we will send the letter of agreement for your review and acceptance to sign and return. UNION ESTABLISHED RATES FOR TRAINING, AND WORK WITHIN THE CRAFTS GOVERNED BY UNION CONTRACTS.

Conductor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe in March 2011.

A few short weeks after applying for the position, I received an email from human resources saying that I was invited to the hiring session the following month. The hiring session consisted of an intelligence and personality test, hair follicle drug test, and interview via panel. A few weeks later, I received the job offer and began the pre-employment medical process, which consisted of a full physical and questionnaire. This is the part that lost the job for me. I have sleep apnea but the machine that I was given just doesn't do it for me.

Interview Questions
    • Your supervisor asks you to do something that is unsafe or unethical. What do you do?   View Answer

I wasn't using my CPAP machine, which is a huge no-no for the position.

Administration Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe in July 2011.

The interview was pleasant and took place with three personnel. One interviewed with set questions while the other two watched your reactions. I took two interviews, both followed same format. Questions were not too difficult. Be prepared when interviewing with BNSF, know about the company and be ready with examples of work instances. First interview was more open and friendly. Second interview was very solemn and a bit unnerving as the two individuals just stared at me. No idea of office culture as interviews were conducted off site in public places.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult situation with contract worker?   View Answer
    • Do you know of BNSF's contributions and charity work to the community?   View Answer

Audit Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Northern Santa Fe in March 2008.

I applied online and about 2 months later I was called about taking a phone interview. The phone interview was performed by an outside company and consisted of 5 behavioral questions. One week later I was called to schedule an on-site interview and set up travel arrangements because I lived 800 mile from BNSF's headquarters. The on-site interview was an all day interview where I met with HR, the manager of the position, and then we had lunch with the director of the group. Next there was the campus tour and finally a series of aptitude test.

Interview Questions

I had an offer that was more money and not in auditing.

Worked for Burlington Northern Santa Fe? Contribute to the Community!