Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Sanford, FL).

Interview

I applied and within a day they called me to schedule an interview for the following Friday. I went in and spoke with the floor manager and it was really simple. She just asked 'What would you do in this situation' and asked what my hobbies were, what I planned to do now that I was out of high school. It was very laid back and easy. At the end of the interview she said that as long as my background checked out (which it would) then I would be hired and they'd call me. I believe it was three days later and the store manager called me to explain pay and the position and when I could come in for orientation. It was the easiest job interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Store manager interviewed me first.He was very nice. Gave me all the 411 about the team he built and their successes. Then two assistant managers interviewed me same day. They were pretty much trying to feel me out for if i would work well with the rest of the team. I got a phone call wit pay rate offer later that evening. **** This is not the case currently for hiring. The store is now desperate for hiring ANYONE, for low pay and they don't care how well you do in the interview. None of the people who interviewed me work there anymore, Hiring process is quick and most people who get hired, quit or get fired right away.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult experience you ever had with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. I went to the job fair with the intent of getting the retail sales job but ended up with receiving. I was fine with that. I dont mind working my way up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for burlington What does costumer service mean to you When was a time you experianced a negative costumer service   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was very rude and didn't give me a chance to speak. Other than that, she told me starting pay is $8/hr and it'll increase over time. She also told me shifts could end until 10 or 11 PM; depends on the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dearborn, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very laif back she just explained everything about the position then asked me one question i was basically hired on the spot nust waiting for background ✔ to come back im excited to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hours are only 25 a week but the pay goes up & they have room for advancements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied and got an interview 2 weeks later. I got there an hour early so I had to wait an extra half hour than my scheduled interview to be seen. When it was time for my interview, the interviewer was very friendly and made it comfortable for me to be around. It felt like we were old friends just catching up.. After, He basically told me I had got the job already I just have to wait for the background check then he'll give me the info on the hired process. Overall this was a nice interview experience even though the guy employees were very flirty.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can give to Burlington coat factory that we don't have?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I walked in and went to the registers to ask for the hiring manager. One of the cashiers said that the hiring manager is on lunch break, so I looked around the store as I waited. When I went back, I realized that the hiring manager wasn't there, so I asked a different cashier and finally got a hold of the manager. When I finally got to the interview, it was pretty generic. None of the questions were that difficult and I was asked to clarify some of the stuff that was on my resume.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you have received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I was called MONTHS after applying. I had even forgot I applied. I was called in for an interview and was asked the basic questions. Why do you want to work here? "Name a time when..." type of questions. After that I was called back for a secondary interview by the manager and he asked me similar questions and told me about himself. It was all very chill. Just don't be dull or totally inept and you'll be fine

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got call back by an assistant manager 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Interview was a group interview. Typical retail questions. Everyone interviewed was hired. Just go in there smiling, be polite and answer questions honestly. If Store Manager comes into interview you, ensure you leave a lasting impression. One girl interviewed with me for a sales position and was promoted to manager within the first week!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate? Previous work experience? How would I deal with long lines and disgruntled customers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I came in early, but was seen twenty minutes after i was supposed to arrive. Once I was seen the manager asked me questions she was reading from a bunch of papers, and then told me i was there for a different position and explained what I would possibly be doing if I was hired. She then left and I had to wait another 35 minute to see the other manager. I was asked similar questions and then told that I should check my email to see if they were interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in the group and there was someone not cooperating. How did you handle it?   Answer Question