Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I came in early, but was seen twenty minutes after i was supposed to arrive. Once I was seen the manager asked me questions she was reading from a bunch of papers, and then told me i was there for a different position and explained what I would possibly be doing if I was hired. She then left and I had to wait another 35 minute to see the other manager. I was asked similar questions and then told that I should check my email to see if they were interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader in the group and there was someone not cooperating. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got hired on spot but application took for ever. So I got a call like two or three weeks after I applied. But it was worth it because it's a nice place to work

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there? And why they should hire you.   1 Answer

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 10 minutes long. Was pretty much quick and to the point. Had applied for the position and got a phone call to schedule an interview a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of a time when a customer had became upset over a situation and how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly short and easy interview. Mostly questions about my previous employer (I didn't have one). Talked about my work ethic and why I wanted to work there. After I had my main interview with a CSS, I went and talked to the store manager and she said that she would get back with me by the afternoon.

Anything That Was Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

No interview. Got in through a staffing agency. Walked in and filled out paperwork. Left. Got a call two days later. I started the following monday. Easy process easy job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (West Allis, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

It went very fast I had an interview with two women one at a time. They asked the basic interview questions they said that they liked my personality and i seemed eger to start working and they liked that so then I was hired on the spot. I took the offer i asked a couple questions about working at their store and about wage. Next day I filled out my background check information they called and gave me my orientation date.

Markdown Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, not to hard at all. I had never been asked for multiple examples of things that I would have changed or that they would have changed about me so that threw me off. They started by asking me my required rate of pay, but I wish they would have told me that you have to start out at part time making 7.50 for 6 months and have 100% availability the whole 6 months, and then they will discuss what you need to do to move up to full time (the store I applied to has 8 full time positions available for the entire store, including management... so there were not any full time spots open currently and no guarantee I could move into one even after 6 months).

Interview Questions

• if we called your previous employer "X" what are 3 things they would say they liked about you, and 3 things they would change?   Answer Question
    • what are 3 things you would change about previous job at "XYZ company"?   Answer Question

They will only start you out at part time and 7.50 an hour, once you work for 6 months you become eligible to move up to full time and make $9, if there is a full time spot available. I told them that if that was all that was available I would need a second job which would cut back my availability anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Bellingham, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two ladies, both of them very nice, in a little office. It was very casual and friendly. They went over my availability, asked me some questions, talked about what a cashier does and what working for the company is like, and offered me the job on the spot. It was very laid back and fun for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you got good customer service and one where you got bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were not able to help a customer.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Stratford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

the process is easy the interviews cut straight to the point. As long as you show you have availability your in. I went in sat down and was asked minor questions. It wasn't hard at all. The pay wasn't spoken about until after the interview and I almost quit before starting lol.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience in receiving do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.