Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Fresno, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview took place at a job fair. Questions were fairly basic but they pretended to have high standards as far as their employees (I say pretended due to certain employees being fired for theft and others for drugs). Interview was two steps. First with a hiring manager and then with the store manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Blaine, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

I was greeted by a cashier, and lead to the boss' office, Chris. The scheduling/HR person didn't interview me but the one who was the top person in charge at the store did. She was very kind. I was really nervous but she helped me along as I stumbled over some questions giving me some ideas of what she was looking for specifically. She made me feel as comfortable as possible. She was interested in my experiences and was genuine as she asked about them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in February 2015.

Interview

I had all 3 interviews with the recruiter, regional hr and regional manager. The regional hr said not to worry if I don't hear back right away and that interview was 2 months ago and never heard back from anyone. I sent an email following up about a month after the last interview and no response. I just think it's bad practice to not notify someone.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you helped develop an associate to the next level   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2014.

Interview

Process took about three weeks, I'm a recent college grad and was in the midst of applying to a bunch of jobs. I received a brief phone interview first with the area loss prevention supervisor, then I was told if they decided to go further I'd speak with the regional LP in which I did via email and eventually telephone maybe about a week later. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the store I would be LP in even though she had no actual say on the final decision. The face to face with the store manager was the interview in which i thought for sure I was a lost cause seeing as to how i was almost 30 minutes late and I completely froze up a various points throughout the interview. After not hearing anything for a couple days I decided to call the regional LP for an update and to my surprise I had been offered the job. I was started at what i now know is a very low rate for LP but I'm guessing it's due to the fact I had no previous LP experience although every job I've had has been retail of some sort and I have a 4 year degree in criminal justice along with a technical degree in criminal justice. I'm lucky though because they took a chance with me despite having no LP background and I was chosen from amongst 30+ other applicants, some of which I'm sure had LP experience. Guess my degree did help some after all.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to explain loss prevention in detail since I only knew the surface of the title although I knew it was a position I would be great in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because I was lucky to be offered position since I had no LP experience.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My hours

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the careers section on store website. Soon after I received an email asking me to complete an assessment (you must complete the assessment before they can look at you application). One day later I received a phone call to schedule an interview with the store manager. The store manager must have forgot that I had an interview scheduled because when I arrived at the store he wasn't there (he went to lunch) and I waited for an hour for him to return. I was eventually interviewed by another manager. She was great! After the interview she offered me the position and scheduled my orientation. When I got home I received an email to request a background check. The entire process from applying to interview/job offer took 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. How did you fix it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in what you are paid.

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was very rude and didn't give me a chance to speak. Other than that, she told me starting pay is $8/hr and it'll increase over time. She also told me shifts could end until 10 or 11 PM; depends on the store.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied to?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick and to the point, not many questions, had a group meeting, watched a video, filed some paper work, started working the next day to start working as loss prevention

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick. Lots of behavioral type questions such as tell me about a time you had a specific customer and how you dealt with the situation. It seems they will hire any one who has a pulse and normal breathing. No drug testing done at this facility. Only background check.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Operations Manager wears many hats. Loss prevention, Front- End, Receiving and Accounting. Hiring process is not like use to be. They didn't have all these tests. It was just an interview and this is the offer. Do you accept. It was only 1 interview, with 1 person. Easy.