Burns & McDonnell Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.5

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

I had a phone interview from my school's career fair and they sent me an email that they wanted to fly me out to the site to do an on-site interview 2 weeks after. Very professional in communication and it's a very good firm to work for. The interview process was pretty straight forward: behavior questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. It begins with an online application and then you have an online interview. The first ten questions are basic fill in questions. Then it is followed by 6 behavioral questions. They were pretty standard.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in January 2015.

Interview

They contacted me within a week to do a video interview. The video interview consisted of 10+/ easy background questions that could be answered in a sentence or less. Then the actual video interview consisted of 6 pre-recorded, and you u have 2 chance to redo them and have about 2 mins to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose "Electrical Engineering" and what classes have you have enjoyed the most?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Burns & McDonnell?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were in a leadership role and what did you take away from that experience?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to be successful?   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted to do a video interview with Burns & McDonnell. There were five questions. After answering each question, I had the chance to watch my answer and rerecord the answer if I wanted. The questions were basic and asking about previous experiment and some behavioral questions. I did not receive an offer and I was told they are trying to match a position to my skills.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed initially with Burns and Mac on my university campus. This interview was very casual, and the questions were typical behavioral questions. I was then asked to come to Kansas City and interview at their HQ. I was told the interview would involve a presentation and I was given guidelines on what to include. This interview was fairly easy as well; I presented to five hiring managers, and then interviewed individually with each of them. For the most part the individual interviews were the hiring manager trying to recruit me to their group. None of them asked very many questions, and they mostly wanted to see if I had any questions. I was contacted with an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview first with a recruiter and an on-site interview schedule a few days after. The on-site interview was one of the easiest I've ever had. You first give a presentation to a group of division managers and talk about yourself and your experiences. Then you sit down one on one with each manager for about 45 minutes each and further discuss how you could fit in to their respective division. Managers are very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no room for negotiation, at least for entry-level positions.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell in December 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with a HR representative. This phone interview was nothing to strenuous. Basically expect the typical HR questions that allow them to gauge your interests and where you would like to be within the company. Following this interview, I was contacted by a group with a location that they believed fit me the best. An on-site interview was scheduled. This interview wasn't so typical. First, you go out to lunch with a couple of younger guys to essentially break the ice. Following this, you give a presentation on yourself and how your past experiences apply to the position. Lastly, you are asked several questions in regards to your resume - again, nothing too strenuous. Overall an easy interview process if you can get over giving a presentation.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on campus and the recruiter asked a list of HR type questions. Second interview was at Burns & McDonnell with the VP for the division. I gave a 10 minute presentation to him and then we precede to talk about the usual question. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What kind of work do you want to do here? etc. They didn't ask anything real technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about managment?   1 Answer

I choose to take a job with another smaller firm. I felt that with the smaller firm you really get to know everyone and it is a little more relaxed. On a side note after I declined, the HR representative sent me a rather rude and unprofessional email. I did wait to inform them till the last day on their offer, however this is no excuse. I would not recommend working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was fast! Applied in the morning and received a call that afternoon. Then had phone interview the next week then interview a week and a half after that. I had to give a presentation about me which was a nice structured interview that you controlled. Then sat down with hiring manager and had an easy conversation about the company. Then went to lunch with some engineers my age and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions after the presentation and during. I am not sure which I would consider difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate as it is an entry level position. Solid offer though just make sure you factor in the benefits of bonuses and the ESOP plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

101 interview, on-site visit with other prospective new employees for the interview day, followed by PPTpresentation to managers and 101 interviews with each one of them...you must really impress them!!!