Burns & McDonnell

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Question – Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question

Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two stages. A primary local event was held where one on one interviews were conducted - engineers experienced in the field were brought in and allowed for easier communication between the two parties. Some candidates were selected for secondary interviews via telephone for a more technical interview - the attention of the interviewers was hard to get, so don't expect any give and take. It seemed as they had better things to do and hiring was just a chore.

Interview Question – Does the current work our group is doing interest you?   View Answer

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2011.

Interview Details – First contact at university career fair. One on one interview the next week. A month later contacted for an on site interview at the headquarters. The interview was a 15 minute presentation about myself and then a few short questions about my ambitions and course work.

Interview Questions

• What courses did you enjoy? What courses did you not like as much?   Answer Question
  • Have you considered getting your Profession Engineers License?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter at the university job fair. Had an interview at campus about 2 weeks later. I was called in for an onsite interview about a week or two later. Flew me out the day before, put me up in a hotel. Had to put together a presentation of myself. Interviewed/presented in front of 3 engineering managers. Had a lunch with some engineers. Met with the local HR person.

Interview Question – Describe your knowledge of power distribution systems.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Lack of interest in the job compared to another offer

Worked for Burns & McDonnell? Contribute to the Community!