Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was strictly behavioral. They asked about why I wanted to be an electrical engineer and then why I would be a good candidate for the job. Really nice interviewer but failed to know some technical knowledge. Second interview they asked about rectifiers as a technical question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through online, after a day I got video interview which was pre-recorded. They asked pretty easy behavior questions. I had to record my answer, and I could re-answer 1 time for each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two stages. A primary local event was held where one on one interviews were conducted - engineers experienced in the field were brought in and allowed for easier communication between the two parties. Some candidates were selected for secondary interviews via telephone for a more technical interview - the attention of the interviewers was hard to get, so don't expect any give and take. It seemed as they had better things to do and hiring was just a chore.

Interview Questions

• Does the current work our group is doing interest you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

First contact at university career fair. One on one interview the next week. A month later contacted for an on site interview at the headquarters. The interview was a 15 minute presentation about myself and then a few short questions about my ambitions and course work.

Interview Questions

• What courses did you enjoy? What courses did you not like as much?   Answer Question
    • Have you considered getting your Profession Engineers License?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2012.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at the university job fair. Had an interview at campus about 2 weeks later. I was called in for an onsite interview about a week or two later. Flew me out the day before, put me up in a hotel. Had to put together a presentation of myself. Interviewed/presented in front of 3 engineering managers. Had a lunch with some engineers. Met with the local HR person.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of power distribution systems.   1 Answer

Lack of interest in the job compared to another offer