Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in November 2011.

Interview process consisted of two stages. A primary local event was held where one on one interviews were conducted - engineers experienced in the field were brought in and allowed for easier communication between the two parties. Some candidates were selected for secondary interviews via telephone for a more technical interview - the attention of the interviewers was hard to get, so don't expect any give and take. It seemed as they had better things to do and hiring was just a chore.

Interview Questions
  • Does the current work our group is doing interest you?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2014.

I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2012.

Met with a recruiter at the university job fair. Had an interview at campus about 2 weeks later. I was called in for an onsite interview about a week or two later. Flew me out the day before, put me up in a hotel. Had to put together a presentation of myself. Interviewed/presented in front of 3 engineering managers. Had a lunch with some engineers. Met with the local HR person.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your knowledge of power distribution systems.   View Answer

Lack of interest in the job compared to another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2011.

First contact at university career fair. One on one interview the next week. A month later contacted for an on site interview at the headquarters. The interview was a 15 minute presentation about myself and then a few short questions about my ambitions and course work.

Interview Questions
    • What courses did you enjoy? What courses did you not like as much?   Answer Question
    • Have you considered getting your Profession Engineers License?   View Answer

Worked for Burns & McDonnell? Contribute to the Community!