Burns & McDonnell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Civil/Structural Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by an all-expense paid for on-site interview. I was expected to have a 10 minute presentation ready for the on-site interview. After the on-site interview an offer was to be made approximately 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Safety Manager
Wallingford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2012.

Interview Details – Came aboard as a contractor then later hired as employee owner. Job performance seems to be the tipping point - do a good job and you will be an employee owner - if not you will be held as contract staff

Interview Question – Are you willing to live away from home for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a bifg deal - here is what we offer (the contract company didnt obtain all the correct information and several promises werent kept)

Very Easy Interview

Safety Assistant Interview

Safety Assistant
Acton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was set up quickly and on site. However, the start date was not clear and it took then 2 plus weeks to give me an official start date. During the interview process I was interviewing for 3 different positions not knowing which one I would be selected for. I was selected for the position that I told them I would be least likely qualified for.

Interview Question – What position would I feel that I would be a good fit for.   Answer Question

Staff Structural Engineer Interview

Staff Structural Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview Details – Initially, the HR process was amazing, better than most that I've gone through. After the interview, I've not heard back from the company. I'm unsure if this was due to disconnected management, more qualified persons that they're waiting on, or general disorganization. One manager was in the main location in Kansas City, while the other two managers were in the local office. Hard to get a response from anyone regarding updates on position. The interviewing process was simple. Initial contact by HR, then phone interview with HR to determine quantification. After that, phone interview with hiring management and lastly, in house interview.

Interview Question – General Structural Knowledge and overall personalty type questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2014.

Interview Details – The Hiring Manager called me for interview but I was in the class. I called him back and he asked me several questions about my education and previous internship. He mentioned that he is going to call for specifying the interview date but he didn't called. I tried to reach him but I couldn't.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous internship   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in September 2010.

Interview Details – It takes along time to get hired, be prepared to sit and wait... Employee referrals are the best way to get an interview.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate-- they can afford to pay you alot more then they will offer you ask for signing bonuses

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Question – Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Burns & McDonnell

Interview Details – Good process. But needed to ask for an interview due to others offers. They accommodated and got me in.

Interview Question – Name a conflict and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Assistant Mechanical Engineer
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in March 2013.

Interview Details – Attended career fair, selected for an on campus interview. Recieved a follow up interview onsite at the World Headquarters building in KC.

Construction Intern Interview

Construction Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview Details – Was referred to a college recruiter through a company contact, short pre-interview asking about college extracurriculars, grades, career aspirations, etc. Recruiter informed me about possible job placement, was contacted later by hiring manager for a full interview. Took an hour, went over quite a bit. Nothing too strenuous or really head-scratching, just a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is the best book you've read recently?   View Answer

Worked for Burns & McDonnell? Contribute to the Community!