Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

My interview process was different than most, since Burns & McDonnell does not recruit directly at my university. I applied online, and had the names of a few reps in HR who set me up with the interview. My interview was more of a conversation, and the process from application to internship offer took approximately 2 weeks.

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews: October: In-person 30 minute interview on campus following our career fair - this was fairly general and the interviewer was not part of the group that I wanted to intern with. February: a 30+ minute phone interview with the CDB office manager and my internship mentor that was specific for the location and type of internship that I wanted

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants? - and they really wanted to know, it wasn't just a question on their list.   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Contacted the University recruiter to see if a position was open. Got a phone interview with him the following week and then a 3 way call with two managers the next day. They asked me about school, about the classes I took and some industry questions. A week later I did a panel interview with 6 managers where I presented about myself and answered technical questions about power. Got a call I the next day that I had the job.

Interview Questions

• I told them from the get go that I had no experience in power yet they kept asking me power questions.   1 Answer

Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long, meaning I would go several weeks in between each interview. The first interview with human resources asks all of the typical questions that you might get in an interview including, "What is your biggest weakness." I hate that question. However, the interviews improve after that. Once you start to interview with the hiring manager, they ask realistic questions.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview to do initial screening. Time and date determined via email. Recruiter made phone call at determined time. Questions lasted 30 minutes for pre-screening purposes. Very friendly and welcoming, easy to talk with. Received clear feedback on the follow up process of if I would be moving forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging customer service experience   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

It was very reasonable and fair. got call from recruiter. They asked some initial basic questions. Meet with hiring manager and other members of the team. Later, I received and invitation to meet with senior managers. A few days later received offer.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in June 2015.

Interview

I received a "Congrats!" email saying that I was going to get to participate in their webcam interview. I did that, and the entire time my internet connection was miserable. You get to answer a question and then review your answer before you go to the next question. When I viewed my answers they were completely pixelated and my audio was completely uninterpretable. As each question passed, I got more and more disheartened that my interview would just turnout extremely horrid. I emailed the support team after I submitted the interview and they told me that they fixed my submission so it makes sense. They also said that I would not need to have ask for a retry. I emailed my recruiter to explain what happen and ask for an opportunity to retry and she never responded. It's been over two weeks and I haven't received a rejection email or any response at all. Very disappointing for me. I would have loved to have a fair shot for the position.

Office Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process was 2 months, from applying to the phone interview and the personal interview. I just so happened to check my application status and noticed I was under consideration, then I received an email about a phone interview. A few days later, I interviewed in person. Upon the personal interview, I received a call about my status and was offered a position. From there, you read over your offer letter and take the drug screening.

Structural Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

First round was conducted online. The hiring coordinator had filmed herself asking questions through an online website. You would record yourself at the end of each one. The second round I was expecting to be in office since I was given who I would interview with and a time. No additional information was provided. Turns out that the interview was supposed to be conducted over the phone and that I never received the required information. The phone interview included a panel of three people. The questions were all behavioral and straight forward.

Staff Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 3rd party recruiter. I had a 40 minute phone interview with the Area Manager, to discuss my experience and skills. After that I was invited to the Houston office, to meet with some of the senior staff. I was given an offer a week after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very strict on the base salary, and PTO.