BuroHappold

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BuroHappold in March 2013.

Interview Details – It seemed to be a very basic process- there was only one interview, and it was done by phone. At the time I was asking for an internship between senior year and my Master's, which they were very interested in. A lot of the questions were about my resume, clarifying what certain activities meant and what I had learned from them.

Interview Question – What did you learn from your experience as an undergraduate researcher? How could it apply to your work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation- I was told that they offer the same rate to everyone with the same level of qualification (ie all interns with a bachelors would be paid the same).

Graduate Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BuroHappold in March 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with a representative in a different office about getting the chance to interview either over the phone or video conference. After emailing back and forth for a month I was told a representative would be coming to my university to interview candidates for a different position but I would have the chance to speak with them at that point. The process was pretty informal and required persistent checking in but once I had the chance to sit down and talk about the company it was casual and friendly. Occasionally the interviewer was a little too informal though.

Interview Question – Do you get stressed while working? We have a lot of deadlines and often we hire people that can't cut it. Do you think you'd be able to work through the deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I stated my desire to travel for work and having that chance would help dictate my future there. The salary was non-negotiable but I had to speak with human resources to discuss benefits.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Bath, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BuroHappold.

Interview Details – Interview process entailed a behavioral interview, technical interview with a presentation on 'Future Issues facing building services and environmental design, individual task and group task. The two interviews were both fair but tough at the same time. The whole process was handled in a very friendly way and I was very impressed with the apparent working atmosphere that seemed to be around.

Interview Question – Can you tell us a time where you have shown innovation in your course work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All graduates are paid the same rate and salary is non negotiable

Bath, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BuroHappold.

Interview Details – I applied online through gradcracker.com. I had my first telephonic interview within a month of applying. The online application wasnt as bad as ones that i did for the banking sector or other tech gard schemes. A week after my telephonic interview I was asked to travel to the Bath office to have a one on one interview with the group director of one of the group that i had applied to. He asked me to prepare a 10 minute presentation regarding my dissertation topic. Since the senior engineers on the team were busy i did not have a group interview, But i did have one later through skype as i was out of the country for a bit

Interview Question – Technical question regarding something i studied years back.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BuroHappold in July 2013.

Interview Details – Filled in an online application and was called in for a face-to-face interview with a manager. Format of the interview was fairly informal, had to do a 10 minute powerpoint presentation on future building services issues.
No real technical part to this interview, seemed more like them assessing how you would fit in with the team and making sure you could communicate ideas.

Interview Question – How well do you deal with stressful situations, give me an example of a stressful situation. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All interns and graduates offered the same package. Extra allowance for London based jobs.

Bath, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at BuroHappold.

Interview Details – there were 4 stages. one was behavior interview questions, the other was group task, individual task and technical interview. i found the most challenign the behavior interview so go prepared. you cannot prepare much for the others

Interview Question – Who is your favorite architect?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BuroHappold in June 2009.

Interview Details – The initial communication started through a phone interview with the Principal in the office. Based on the phoine interview I was invited for an onsite interview at their Culver City office. Although I got to the interview on time, I was made to wait at least 30 minutes without much further instruction. The first interview went very well; the interviewer took me to lunch and also asked me to talk with some of the current staff to get aflavor for the type of projects that the company works on. I also interviewed with the second Principal in the office. At the end of the first interview I was told that I will hear from them in 3-4 weeks. I heard back in a couple of weeks with a request for a follow up 2nd interview with the Director of th North America practice. Based on a good 2nd interview I was made an offer.

Interview Question – In the current economy; how much businees can you bring for the 2009 year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate flexible work hours and ability to continue with my part time MBA program

Worked for BuroHappold? Contribute to the Community!