Burr Pilger Mayer Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

2.4

Interview

A great accounting firm with a well known reputation. However, they have the worst and most unprofessional recruiting process. They lose track of information and while I was applying for the full time assurance position I decided to go with another firm just because of the lack of follow up from BPM

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Burr Pilger Mayer? Strengths/weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The initial interview was held on-campus and lasted for half an hour. The interviewer was very kind and seemed very conversational. Only a few behavioral questions were asked, and then the floor was opened to questions. Second round interviews went very well. Consisted of four 30-minute in-office interviews, and each interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. Behavioral questions were minimal, and was mostly chitchat.

Winter Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer in September 2014.

Interview

The whole interview went very well and the interviewer was really nice..Start off by tell me about your self and have small talk about that as well..then we went on talking about CPA exam,..oh...I did get asked if I am going to pursue a master degree in taxation as well. The interview was very nice and the time went by quickly.............I heard that there are a lot of good applicants so I kinda know that I will not get accepted.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about our firm/how do you know about our firm?any question for the company   Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

There are a couple of rounds of interviews with employees ranging from staff 1 to partner, so you get to speak to a variety of levels to get a true insight of the people working at the firm. Everything was very organized and I was always aware of the next steps. No skills test, just a thorough getting to know each other to make sure you fit within the firm culture.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a firm?   1 Answer

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer in April 2014.

Interview

Got in touch with the recruiter who then set up an in person interview very unprofessional, poor communication, untimely follow up, didn't follow interview schedule presented before the interview

Audit Staff Interview

Interview

Interviewers were very nice. Be prepared for some technical questions if you are an experienced staff.

Very Professional and Friendly Interview

Interview

HR followed up in a timely manner and I was presented with an offer.

Negotiation

Got paid slightly less than I expected but reasonable for the industry,

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had phone interview with "Experienced Candidate" SF recruiter, very personable and professional. He did a great job on coordinating the interview and follow up afterwards. Best recruiter I have dealt with. Office interview with 4 Managers/Partners asking questions such as: Why BPM?, why are you motivated to return to public accounting and auditing? Came away with the sense that these people were top notch professionals, who were committed to their work and serving their clients. Seemed to be a very positive work environment. Received positive feedback from interviewers, but did not have the experience they needed for this position. Would highly recommend them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burr Pilger Mayer (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Contacted BPM through their website and received a phone call about a week later. Talked with their campus recruiter about the different positions available. She was a really great person and extremely helpful. I then drove up to SF later that week and had three 1:1 interviews. Found out about 3 days later that I received an offer.

Application

Interview

1 on campus interview, then an in house interview with manager and 2 partners. Standard questions: tell me about yourself, weaknesses and strengths. This is followed by a casual conversation then coffee with some staff.