Burr Pilger & Mayer

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer.

The interview process went very well. The initial interview was held on-campus and lasted for half an hour. The interviewer was very kind and seemed very conversational. Only a few behavioral questions were asked, and then the floor was opened to questions. Second round interviews went very well. Consisted of four 30-minute in-office interviews, and each interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. Behavioral questions were minimal, and was mostly chitchat.

Winter Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer in September 2014.

The whole interview went very well and the interviewer was really nice..Start off by tell me about your self and have small talk about that as well..then we went on talking about CPA exam,..oh...I did get asked if I am going to pursue a master degree in taxation as well.
    The interview was very nice and the time went by quickly.............I heard that there are a lot of good applicants so I kinda know that I will not get accepted.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about our firm/how do you know about our firm?any question for the company   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Interviewers were very nice. Be prepared for some technical questions if you are an experienced staff.

Very Professional and Friendly Interview

HR followed up in a timely manner and I was presented with an offer.

Got paid slightly less than I expected but reasonable for the industry,

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer in November 2011.

Had phone interview with "Experienced Candidate" SF recruiter, very personable and professional. He did a great job on coordinating the interview and follow up afterwards. Best recruiter I have dealt with. Office interview with 4 Managers/Partners asking questions such as: Why BPM?, why are you motivated to return to public accounting and auditing? Came away with the sense that these people were top notch professionals, who were committed to their work and serving their clients. Seemed to be a very positive work environment. Received positive feedback from interviewers, but did not have the experience they needed for this position.
    Would highly recommend them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer in April 2011.

Contacted BPM through their website and received a phone call about a week later. Talked with their campus recruiter about the different positions available. She was a really great person and extremely helpful. I then drove up to SF later that week and had three 1:1 interviews. Found out about 3 days later that I received an offer.

Intern Interview

1 on campus interview, then an in house interview with manager and 2 partners. Standard questions: tell me about yourself, weaknesses and strengths. This is followed by a casual conversation then coffee with some staff.

Senior Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer in June 2012.

I talked with the firm for 4 times. Twice on phone, once on SKYPE, and then in person interview. Most interviewers are friendly and professional. They introduced the background of the firm with great passion and details. They ended up choosing people with more than 3 year experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my RESUME and experience with some other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Summer Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burr Pilger & Mayer in October 2011.

The interview was very easy, and consisted of a few behavioral questions and lots of small talk about my interest and school. The recruiter layad out how the summer internship and was very casual about everything, and overall the whole interview felt more like a chat with a friend rather then a job interview.

I already knew I was not going to get second round, because the position was not a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a situation where you had a team member who didn't want to pull there weight. What did you do?   Answer Question