Burson-Marsteller

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a conversation with the HR rep who then called me in for an interview. I met 2 or 3 people during the first interview, came back the next week and got an offer after the second interview which technically was my third if you include the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Little as the initial offer was fair

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in October 2011.

Interview Details – My only complaint with this experience was that it dragged out over a long period of time. I was first contacted by a recruiter from the agency in the late spring and didn't get invited for an interview until October. But everyone there was prompt with responding to my emails and phone calls. And even though I did not get the job, the hiring manager and recruiter provided detailed feedback and advice. I can count the number of times this has happened on one hand, and I wish more companies did this with people who interviewed with them. I have a lot of respect for the people at Burson-Marsteller because of this.

Interview Question – How would your background translate into the agency environment?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in May 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR to come in for an in-person interview with three senior colleagues. Was also given a written test of press release writing. Given an offer some time thereafter. They move quick if they like you.

Interview Question – Why here, why now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy - just be upfront with what you want and if it's reasonable you'll get it.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in November 2010.

Interview Details – This was the longest interview process I have ever been through. From start to finish it took at least 45 days. I met with and talked to about 7 different people.

This is a group of very smart people, who all work extremely hard. The only advice I can offer express that you are a hard worker and a team player. This is very important.

Also, be honest about likes and dislikes. I don't think it will cost you the interview and you have a btter chance of working on things that interest you.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table? What do you think you can offer that another candidate can't?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flexible so negotiate. If you can't get salary, ask about vacation or other benefits.

Worked for Burson-Marsteller? Contribute to the Community!