Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 13, 2015

3.1

HBSIProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a 30min phone interview with an HR rep. She sounded quite robotic and did not respond to my answers in any other way than "wonderful" or "thank you". She asked me what practice and location I was most interested in. Received rejection email around a week later.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was largely a series of meetings in restaurants, and one meeting in the office. Normally interviews are conducted in the office unless the interviewee is known to the interviewer, or if it is specifically requested. While the process was very protracted over a period of time, they remained engaged through a series of touch points. Recognizing the delayed nature of the meetings, and the nuances of my then current job, they were flexible and understanding around timing of me leaving and joining.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

A phone screen with HR, one in person meeting with practice leader and four phone interviews. The phone interviews were substantive. They were a result of the key practitioners not being available in person in a timely fashion.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

My only complaint with this experience was that it dragged out over a long period of time. I was first contacted by a recruiter from the agency in the late spring and didn't get invited for an interview until October. But everyone there was prompt with responding to my emails and phone calls. And even though I did not get the job, the hiring manager and recruiter provided detailed feedback and advice. I can count the number of times this has happened on one hand, and I wish more companies did this with people who interviewed with them. I have a lot of respect for the people at Burson-Marsteller because of this.

Interview Questions

• How would your background translate into the agency environment?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I have ever been through. From start to finish it took at least 45 days. I met with and talked to about 7 different people.

This is a group of very smart people, who all work extremely hard. The only advice I can offer express that you are a hard worker and a team player. This is very important.

Also, be honest about likes and dislikes. I don't think it will cost you the interview and you have a btter chance of working on things that interest you.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table? What do you think you can offer that another candidate can't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flexible so negotiate. If you can't get salary, ask about vacation or other benefits.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Contacted by HR to come in for an in-person interview with three senior colleagues. Was also given a written test of press release writing. Given an offer some time thereafter. They move quick if they like you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - just be upfront with what you want and if it's reasonable you'll get it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a conversation with the HR rep who then called me in for an interview. I met 2 or 3 people during the first interview, came back the next week and got an offer after the second interview which technically was my third if you include the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your last boss describe your performance?   Answer Question
    • If you had a chance to redo your career what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little as the initial offer was fair