Burton Snowboards Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Burton Snowboards

Creative Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Hiring Process was to be expected. Applied a few times for different positions before I was contacted. Flaky in terms of phone interviews and scheduling an actual in house interview. Interview to relocation to BTV was 2 months.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Burton Snowboards.

After applying online, I received a call from the manager who spoke with me briefly to discuss the logistics of me working while also being a full time student. I had an in person interview the next week, and we discussed my work and snowboarding experience, what I expected from the job and where I wanted to go with the company, and the manager also asked several situational questions. I think that he was also evaluating my enthusiasm and excitement about the company in addition to the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give an example of how I had helped someone in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate much, mostly just made my schedule work for me so that I could work and also attend classes.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burton Snowboards in October 2010.

I wore casual Burton apparel which was a good choice- definitely not the place to overdress. I wasn't asked any formal interview questions. The manager didn't seem to know what questions to ask and it was a bit awkward at times, but we had some good conversations. I know a LOT about the company and was clearly an over-qualified candidate, but the company tends to only hire from within for the non entry-level positions. I was never contacted again by the company... Even after calling several times after the interview and after I was promised I'd be contacted "either way".

Interview Questions
    • No formal questions. Maybe a little of "why are you applying for this position, what's your experience like", etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burton Snowboards in August 2009.

I enjoyed talking with the people from Burton because it gave me more insight on how the company was run and what it takes to become a participating member of Burton Snowboards. The asked a lot of questions but no that I felt were overly difficult or unnecessary. Overall I enjoyed the experience because I learned some important things about the company and its inner-workings.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Burton Snowboards in August 2009.

Dressed somewhat casually. I was greeted by the interviewers. We walked around the building and had a Q&A session. Very nice people. Asked relevant questions. Had a sit-down interview with two people and was asked basic questions. Worked out fine.

Just be yourself and you will do fine. Make sure that you are not nervous and just be a nice and very intelligent person. ASK QUESTIONS.