Burton Snowboards Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.9

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted immediately by HR. We set up a 30 minute phone interview. This went well so we scheduled an hour phone interview with the hiring manager for the role. This went well so we scheduled a trip to Burlington. Burton covered transport and put me up in a hotel. They gave me a schedule beforehand detailing everyone I would be meeting with. I met 11 people in total over the course of 6.5 hours. It was very casual, more of a meet and greet. Everyone was organized and super friendly. Total time from first phone call to job offer was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background Why Burton? What is your relationship with the brand? Why are you looking to leave your current company? How do you feel about travel? What is your skill level with PLM systems? How do you feel about Vermont?   Answer Question

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (Burlington, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

Burton HR was thorough, inviting, and transparent during the interview process. I was scheduled for two phone interviews – first with HR, and a second with direct report for the position that I applied for – for a preliminary vetting. Following the phone interviews, a 5 hour on site interview was scheduled with the various department stakeholders with whom I would potentially be working. The on site interview was well paced and each Burton team member was prepared, open, forthcoming with Burton culture and expectations, and on point with their individual conversations with me regarding my qualifications and personal interests in joining the company. Each Burton team member that I met was exceedingly professional and passionate regarding their work and the company. A dynamic combination.

Interview Questions

• I had been working remotely for 9 years and was asked about my hopes and hesitations in shifting from a flexible, remote collaboration working environment to one in office with constant day-to-day interaction. I was also asked about my collaboration and communication style across multiple disciplines.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Interview

Hiring Process was to be expected. Applied a few times for different positions before I was contacted. Flaky in terms of phone interviews and scheduling an actual in house interview. Interview to relocation to BTV was 2 months.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from the manager who spoke with me briefly to discuss the logistics of me working while also being a full time student. I had an in person interview the next week, and we discussed my work and snowboarding experience, what I expected from the job and where I wanted to go with the company, and the manager also asked several situational questions. I think that he was also evaluating my enthusiasm and excitement about the company in addition to the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of how I had helped someone in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much, mostly just made my schedule work for me so that I could work and also attend classes.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (South Burlington, VT) in October 2010.

Interview

I wore casual Burton apparel which was a good choice- definitely not the place to overdress. I wasn't asked any formal interview questions. The manager didn't seem to know what questions to ask and it was a bit awkward at times, but we had some good conversations. I know a LOT about the company and was clearly an over-qualified candidate, but the company tends to only hire from within for the non entry-level positions. I was never contacted again by the company... Even after calling several times after the interview and after I was promised I'd be contacted "either way".

Interview Questions

• No formal questions. Maybe a little of "why are you applying for this position, what's your experience like", etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I enjoyed talking with the people from Burton because it gave me more insight on how the company was run and what it takes to become a participating member of Burton Snowboards. The asked a lot of questions but no that I felt were overly difficult or unnecessary. Overall I enjoyed the experience because I learned some important things about the company and its inner-workings.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards in August 2009.

Interview

Dressed somewhat casually. I was greeted by the interviewers. We walked around the building and had a Q&A session. Very nice people. Asked relevant questions. Had a sit-down interview with two people and was asked basic questions. Worked out fine. Just be yourself and you will do fine. Make sure that you are not nervous and just be a nice and very intelligent person. ASK QUESTIONS.