Burton Snowboards

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a call from the manager who spoke with me briefly to discuss the logistics of me working while also being a full time student. I had an in person interview the next week, and we discussed my work and snowboarding experience, what I expected from the job and where I wanted to go with the company, and the manager also asked several situational questions. I think that he was also evaluating my enthusiasm and excitement about the company in addition to the standard interview questions.

Interview Question – I was asked to give an example of how I had helped someone in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much, mostly just made my schedule work for me so that I could work and also attend classes.

Entry Level Position Interview

South Burlington, VT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Burton Snowboards in October 2010.

Interview Details – I wore casual Burton apparel which was a good choice- definitely not the place to overdress. I wasn't asked any formal interview questions. The manager didn't seem to know what questions to ask and it was a bit awkward at times, but we had some good conversations. I know a LOT about the company and was clearly an over-qualified candidate, but the company tends to only hire from within for the non entry-level positions. I was never contacted again by the company... Even after calling several times after the interview and after I was promised I'd be contacted "either way".

Interview Question – No formal questions. Maybe a little of "why are you applying for this position, what's your experience like", etc.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Burton Snowboards in August 2009.

Interview Details – I enjoyed talking with the people from Burton because it gave me more insight on how the company was run and what it takes to become a participating member of Burton Snowboards. The asked a lot of questions but no that I felt were overly difficult or unnecessary. Overall I enjoyed the experience because I learned some important things about the company and its inner-workings.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Burton Snowboards in August 2009.

Interview Details – Dressed somewhat casually. I was greeted by the interviewers. We walked around the building and had a Q&A session. Very nice people. Asked relevant questions. Had a sit-down interview with two people and was asked basic questions. Worked out fine.

Just be yourself and you will do fine. Make sure that you are not nervous and just be a nice and very intelligent person. ASK QUESTIONS.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Burton Snowboards? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burton Snowboards interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Burton Snowboards employees and interview candidates.