Busch Gardens Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.0

Minor Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Busch Gardens.

Interview

When you get there they give you a packet to read and you wait till they call your name. The lady who interviewed me talked to fast and wasn't friendly at all. Usually at the end of the interview they tell you that you're hired or they'll call you (which means you didn't get the job)

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

You get an email the day before saying it's a group interview. You sit in the waiting room for 20 minutes after your interview time to go sit in Anthor room. They ask you to introduce your self with a stuffed animal they have in the room then team working with playing with Legos which is just messed up because if your not the 2 people sitting by the box you can't do anything because it is so far away and you have to stay in your seat. And because everyone is competing against each other even if you ask the others won't pass you anything.

Games Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Busch Gardens in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is just like everyone is saying up here a group interview. My interview was early in the morning. I went to the HR Office and waited for about 15+ min with a group of people 12. The group interview was in anuther building that a lady took us to to find 2 more ladys. you sit at 2 tables and they lady who took you to the interview starts off by introducing how they are changing the interview process with a group interview, how the interviews going to go down, and what they want to see is personality!!!!!! Just show you want this job be outgoing, be frendly, and standout. Leave that antisocal n shy act after the interview. just show that your different from everyone else the room that you really want the job Raise your hand first and stand in front of the class not by your chair. Their are just 3 parts a pick an animal n say how it relates, a group word unscrammberler sheet, n group scenarios

Interview Questions

• How does this animal relate to you ( be interesting/creative corny jokes are allowed   1 Answer
    • how did your group solve this scenario ? anyone want to present   1 Answer

Park Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

After completing an online interview the application offers an interview slot. Unlike previous interview formats, Busch Gardens decided to reformat their process to a group interview. No professional questions are asked, instead they have you play with Legos and theoretically your active or passive attitude toward the group environment allows the proctors to make decisions about you. Except there's a couple of problems with this format: 1) it takes no more than two people to do and 2) whoever sits near where the box of Legos gets placed is advantaged. There are a couple of other phases (introduce yourself with a stuffed animal and go over customer scenarios with the group), but overall the group format is very lazy--mostly because there is no specific tailoring to different positions; security guards and park hosts alike are in the same room performing the same tasks. Afterwards everyone, regardless of performance, must sit for no less than thirty minutes to get called in for a one-on-one interview. Except it is not really an interview, mostly just a rejection or offer. No discussion of your skills or resume or references or attitudes. No questions at all. All your interview relies on your luck at getting placed next to a box of Legos. By far the most unprofessional interview I have ever taken.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why the stuffed animal you picked relates to you.   Answer Question

Games Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2015.

Interview

First off when I went into the employment office the workers were very rude! I had to do a group interview which I didn't think was very professional. After the group interview I had to do an individual interview. I waited 30 minutes for the individual interview just so they could tell me I didn't get the job. The lady told me I had to reapply in 30 days. I was very disappointed. Plus others that I have worked there told me they get over worked, and they get payed little. I would never recommend this job for my friend nor family.

Interview Questions

• Pick an animal that best fits you, then tell us why you picked that animal.   Answer Question
    • If you were stranded on a desert with your group, what 3 items would you need?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

A completely unprofessional group interview format. In the end I was told that I was not vocal enough and that was why I was being denied the position, but it's awfully hard to be vocal while there are twenty others in a room trying to all have our voices be heard. Do not apply for this company, they give you no fair chances.

Interview Questions

• What is your name and what position did you apply for?   Answer Question

Park Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had apply online call few days later and set up an interview and the interview was easy not a lot of questions and set training dates and got my costume the same day

Interview Questions

• How would you make a boring task fun?   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work at Busch Garden?   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Interview

Interview wasn't very hard they want to know if you are approachable and friendly.People frequently ask you for information, such as where is this ride and they want to be sure you are the type of person who will give them directions or walk them to the ride.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging experience and how did you overcome it? Are you afraid of heights? (Be honest and they will find you a smaller ride.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an entry level position, but they negotiated on location, which areas of the park would you like to work in.If you are afraid of heights tell them so they don't put you on a rollercoaster.

Park Ops Host/Hostess II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Busch Gardens (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Waited in the lobby for about 2 hours, then was called into a room in the back. Had a casual discussion about previous employment, my career aspirations, and some questions to determine my ability to work with others. They were friendly and conversational, which took away pretty much any amount of nervousness I had and really made it an enjoyable experience. Definitely the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Name a time it was difficult to work with someone, and how did you respond to it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was told on spot that I got the job, and was immediately asked which part of the park I wanted to work in. Was then set up to start processing the next day. Super simple and easy process. There is no negotiation on pay.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was nice the interviewee got to know me for me as I did for her. They were very friendly and asked was I able to work outdoors. I had a great time talking while I took my drug test through a mouth swab.

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself working for them for a long or short time.   1 Answer