Busch Gardens

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

1.7

Merchandise Interview

I filled out an application online then after submitting I was able to pick an interview date. On the interview day I waited about a hour and the interview took 5 minutes. I was asked 2 questions and other questions on my previous experience etc. I wasn't not offered a position on the spot, but was told they will contact me later in the week. It's been over a week with no contact and by the other reviews it looks like there will be none. I am okay with not receiving the position, but would have liked to have been told that straight up instead of lied to.

Culinary Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Busch Gardens.

The interviewing process is very simple. They do a group interview and ask about 3-5 questions. Mostly about your interest, and hobbies.

After the group interview, they do a drug test which is very intensive. They do hair fiber drug test along with a urine analysis. Warning: They will cut a lot of your hair.

They also do a criminal background check. They usually let minor misdemeanors slide as long as it is not drug related.

Don't stress yourself. You'll more than likely to be hired. They will hire anyone.

Ride Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Busch Gardens in July 2014.

easy process, interviewed with the area supervisor. asked for description of different fasteners and coating on them plus the strengths of them. gave a tour of the ride I was looking to hire for and asked questions about my experience. just be honest if you don't know they do and will know if you have no clue

Interview Questions
    • asked about a welding Tip I do not weld the job does not require welding.   View Answer
    I did not I was hired in a different position do to schedule issues

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Busch Gardens.

I applied online then picked my interview date. I dressed up really nice, business casual and I thought the interview went really well but they didn't hire me "on the spot" like many other people have said they've gotten so... yeah. Said they'll call me. But after reading all the posts listed here, I doubt it.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they were all pretty standard   View Answer

Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I Went dressed properly with a positive attitude and everything. This Lady Intervied me. If I can recall the question was "tell me a time that you encouraged someone". She reviewed my application and asked me when Im available, I wrote down from open to close. Then She listed the "fake open job options" to me. I then choosed "merchandise". Which I regreat, an advice to someone :when ever the interviewer asks what position u want to be say, "any space available." After the whole process she said she"ll call me. Which I know is a lie, because they mostly hire on the spot jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encouraged someone.   View Answer

Park Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2014.

You complete the application online and for me, it opened a screen to pick and choose when to have the interview. You walk in, give them your name, and wait to be called. They ask you three questions inside and take notes while you answer. Be detailed and dress nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me time when you made a boring task fun.   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a stressful situation and how you remained calm.   View Answer
    I initially applied for sales clerk but got offered another position, park operations hostess. It was seasonal but was explained there are ways to become permanent. Scheduling of processing and training is done right there in the office.

Dishwasher/Retail Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Busch Gardens in May 2014.

I applied online and got an interview at Busch Gardens.

I came 20 minutes early dressed in a suit and tie. Be prepared for the hiring manager to tell you that the job that you applied for online will not be available when you get there. I drove 45 minutes to get to Busch Gardens only for the guy to tell me that the job doesn't exist. He basically told me there are no positions available in retail or in culinary.

Busch Gardens is posting fake jobs so at least be prepared to hear that news because I definitely wasn't. My time and money were wasted.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, just standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Check-in wait to be called in a student desk like waiting room, taken back to a random office. Minus waiting time, interview was about 5 full min. Told me to pick my top choice out of the three departments.

Photo Merchandise Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Busch Gardens in April 2014.

I originally applied for the photo merchandise sales as it paid a little more than the other positions. I filled out a questionnaire online after applying and because of my answers they automatically invited me for an interview. You are able to pick whatever time is best for you out of a few different time slots.

When I got to the HR office where the interview is placed, there were already quite a few people there waiting for an interview themselves. I checked in and sat down to wait for my name to be called. A lot of people came in wearing inappropriate clothing for an interview (such as short see through dresses, jeans, or exposing boxers). I noticed they did not come out with extra paper work which would have meant they were hired.

When my name was called I went into a lady's office (there were 4 or 5 different people interviewing to speed up the process) where she asked my three questions. She asked me to tell her about my previous job experience, then asked me what I have done to go out of my way to help a friend or family member, and lastly she asked me to describe a time I played with a child, what did I do to make the child happy.

After answering all three she offered me a job selling the tickets up front. I accepted. I came in the next day for uniform fitting, drug testing and to complete any paper work needed.

All in all, if you are friendly, have average to excellent answers for the questions and dress nicely, it seems easy to get a job there.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the question 'Describe a time you played with a child, what did you do to make the child happy?' was the most difficult only if you don't have experience with younger children. Other than that the questions are pretty easy to answer.   View Answer
    No negotiation for the pay, but I was asked if I was interested in food service or other positions (can't remember exactly what), they were all the same pay so I told her I'm available for anything.

Entertainment Interview

In 2011/2012, the manager or supervisor in your department (Operations, Technicial Services, Production) call you (the number is blocked) and set up a time for an interview. The interview are stock questions approved by corporate. The interview will read the questions, so there is a tendency for it to sound canned. They will write down/paraphrase your answers and review them later.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness? What would a previous supervisor say that you need to approve upon?   Answer Question
    Only the start date was negotiable. The position (where you are working in the park) and pay are not negotiable.