Business Intelligence Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Business Intelligence Advisors.

Interview Details – The process began by applying online. Once I applied, I received an email from BIA asking if they could conduct a phone interview. The phone interview was the basic "walk me through your resume" and they said they would get back to me within the next few days to say whether they wanted me to come for an in person interview. It took nearly two weeks before I heard back.

I was invited to Boston for a second round interview. I was made to fill out the online application all over again and provide very detailed employment history (this takes about 30-45 minutes and seems like a waste of time considering I filled out all this information prior). After filling out the forms, I was interviewed by two individual people and then a panel of people. The strange thing was that there was never any variety of questions asked - each and every person asked the same questions over and over again. Most of the questions had to do with assessing basic skills and such. All told, the interviews lasted about 2 hours. After this, a skills test was administered which I have to admit was fun (you can't prepare for this type of test because its using behavioral methodology that they explain). Once the interview was over I was told that this exhausting day was not the final round (which I was led to believe on the phone). All in all, it was an expensive trip and the company never got back to me after the second round (just as a previous poster had mentioned). The company needs to work on communication and meeting their deadlines, as well as make the whole interview process a bit more focused.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work in a quantitative or qualitative environment and why?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Account Management Associate Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Business Intelligence Advisors in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for the position and received a call from a Human Resources person. They gave me a very short, very basic phone interview which we ran through my resume and talked about my interests etc.

She responded that day with an invitation to come in and do an in-person interview with two different people. Made a special trip to drive there and spent about an hour and half meeting with two different people who I would be working for. (about 45 mins per person)
I had thought the interviews went very well, pretty basic stuff, some situational questions etc. Nothing to crazy.
They informed me that the HR person would be in touch with me sometime in the next week to follow up. After sending thank-yous to all of the involved parties immediately, i waited patiently for the HR person to contact me.
I got no call, no e-mail, or any contact from anyone. I waited until the following week (two weeks after interview) and e-mailed the HR person directly asking for feedback and about the status of my application... NO RESPONSE!
I then attempted to call the HR person directly, and left her a nice message wondering about the status of my application and requested for her to call me when she got my message.... NO RESPONSE

I am embarrassed for them. I was totally qualified for this entry-level role, being that I have my masters and it was not required. I thought the interview went well, but got no response from anyone after leaving. I hope this is not how they normally do business and I just slipped through the cracks. Either way I ended up getting another offer from something that better fits my goals and previous experience, but a simple "thank you for your time but we are no longer interested" would have been nice... Not responding to my e-mails and calls, and simply ignoring someone is not a good way to do business.

Seemed like a good company with nice people, but I am seriously questioning their practices when it comes to the hiring process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Business Intelligence Advisors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Business Intelligence Advisors interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Business Intelligence Advisors employees and interview candidates.