Business.com (Dex One) Interview Questions in Santa Monica, CA

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Business.com (Dex One)

Content Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Business.com (Dex One) (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a three hour interview by 6 people. I had the opportunity to ask about my department, the culture, and the overall tone and mood of the office. Everyone was very friendly and competent. I will say, the HR people came in about 10 - 15 later than the scheduled interview time. That definitely sent me the wrong first impression; but everyone else was so amazing I was completely impressed.

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Business.com (Dex One) (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

Very tough interview process. I guess that's good because if it was easy and they were just dispensing sales job offers out of a vending machine, that would be a bad sign for salesperson turnover. You have to be on your game and be prepared to cite specific examples from your past experience to support your answers. A lot of questions begin with "Tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions

• Role play- sell me this object (Note: Answers here cover multiple sub competencies such as closing ability, objection handling and negotiating)   Answer Question
    • Please describe your sales approach in detail.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when getting past the gatekeeper was particularly challenging. What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question