Buxton Company

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Buxton Company.

I applied via linkedin and scheduled an interview within the next day. I came in first thing in the morning, and the people who interviewed me were late for the actual interview. They only had one question for me, and that was to tell them about myself, the rest of the interview was me asking questions. No one has titles or specific roles and everyone works in one big room.

Interview Questions
    • No questions on any of my past experience or background   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Buxton Company.

I was referred through a friend and contacted to interview two days later for a phone screen, with one person - there was clearly a miscommunication and several people called me from the company at the same time to talk. They set up a follow up interview for a week later, which was to be a Skype interview, but they couldn't get Skype working so I had a phone interview with three people instead. Both went well and were pretty easy. However, I never heard back from them for 3+ weeks, not even a rejection. Strange experience.

Interview Questions
    • Very conversational interview for this position - if you are confident/qualified you should be fine.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

3 rounds of in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • general interview question. really wanted to get to know you.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buxton Company in January 2014.

Phone interview with basic questions about background, hobbies etc. Face to face interview with the recruiter and Director of Analytics consisted of general questions: "explain a time of stress and how you coped with it" and "what did you contribute to a project in the past?" Then there was a test on Excel with four questions; dealing with outliers: picking a regression model from four options: picking a segment of people to market to with information of buying habits and their share of the population in the area: picking a ideal place to start a business with information of the local sales and drive-time area. Thirty minutes to complete these, then both the recruiter and the Director of Analytics asked to walk them through the answers.

Interview Questions
    • The Excel test was pretty straight forward looking back at it, but being under pressure to finish in a short time makes it stressful.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buxton Company in November 2011.

This company conducted a phone interview with me (I did this during my lunch hour since I'm currently employed). A few hours later I received an email informing me they would like for me to come in for face to face interviews. I explained that I would need to take a vacation day to do so and my interview was scheduled for two weeks later. I show up a few minutes early, dressed professionally (suit) and waited in the Lobby for 15 minutes. After the interviewer (She had conducted the phone interview) finally greeted me she took me to a conference room where I was asked only one typical interview question. In fact she said 'I already interviewed you on the phone so lets go ahead and proceed to the tour". She then took me on a tour of the facility and left me no time to ask questions before passing me on to one of their executives. The executive spent most of the "interview" talking about himself and the company. He too only asked one interview question but at least allowed me to ask a few questions about the position, direction of the company etc.

ONE hour after I left the interview I received an email informing me that I would not proceed to the next step in the interview process. I think it's extremely unprofessional when companies waste a candidates time like this.

Their turnover ratio is 50% and after my experience it's easy to see why.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you needed approval from a group." This was only interview question asked by INTERVIEWER #1   View Answer
    • "Tell me about your most difficult project.". This was the only interview question asked by INTERVIEWER #2   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Buxton Company in December 2009.

Sit down meeting with several top level analyst. Mix of personality and technical questions. Pretty straight forward. Confidence is the best way to prepare