Byram Healthcare

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Byram Healthcare in July 2013.

This process lasted just shy of 6 wks from the 1st headunter phone call to interview, without an offer. I had initial phone interview w/MRI recruiter, took a personality inventory, then a phone interview w/Regional VP. Phone went well enough to schedule personal interview, which was was scheduled for 12 days later. One more phone prep via recruiter, wrote a 90-day business plan. There was uncertainty whether Regional VP was going to narrow down candidates the next day (which was actually to be at night) or not. Since I had to commute 172 mi each way and cover lodging at my own exp, I packed a bag anyway w/hope that I'd progress. Interview went as well as any others that I've had that have resulted in offers. I was well-qualified with very specific enteral, urological, ostomy, wound-care product exp, billing knowledge. Rec'd 1-liner from recruiter 1 1/2 days later, "I won't be progressing" After 48 hrs, no other feedback rec'd and a pretty lonesome 344 mile RT on my own dime.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected--

(1) What keeps you up at night?

(2) Would you rather be #1 salesperson at a #5 company or a #5 salesperson at a #1 company?
        View Answer

Account Manager - Wound, Ostomy, Urology, Incontinence Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Byram Healthcare in January 2011.

Found Job Description on CareerBuilder. Submitted resume with cover letter to a Recruiting Company. About 1 week after submission, received call from Recruiter to coordinate a 1:1 interview with Regional Sales Manager. A week later met with RSM at an Embassy Suites. Interview lasted an hour. Very comfortable with questions and personality of RSM. He even said he likes the informal Q & A format of interviewing instead of the regimented, rote questions, although he did ask me "Where do you see yourself in the professional sector in 5 years?" Toward end of interview he explained what the next steps would be and that I would hear something from the recruiter within 2 days. I rec'd call from recruiter 2 days later who said that the RSM really liked me and that I was his top candidate. Recruiter said that he was between me and another candidate from another recruiter firm, but expressed little concern with my competition because she/he lived in the most Northern point of what the positions region covered and that my centralized locale was more logistically appealing to the company. After Recruiter gave me the feedback, he told me that my next Interview would be with the VP of Nat'l Sales by PHONE INTERVIEW the following week, but to standby and wait for day/time. The following week I rec'vd email from recruiter with Interview date/time for the following day, as well as specific instructions to speak only about my experience and any questions specific to the tasks of the position, but to mention nothing about compensation, benefits, etc. Next day, I called appropriate number at the appropriate time and rec'vd voice mail of VP of Nat'l Sales. I left a message with her and then called my recruiter to inform. He said he would circle back with information on her inablitiy to be on the call and when we could reschedule. Another day goes by and I receive phone call from recruiter with new time to call that same day. I called at given time and again, rec'd her voice mail. I called recruiter back to let him know and he asked me to stay on the line while he put me on speaker phone, while he called the RSM to inform, who happened to be in the office of the VP of Nat'l Sales. After the recruiter gave an explanation of my two attempts to call, my call waiting clicked over to her on the other line. We finally touched base. She wasn't too apologetic for the inconvenience she had caused, explaining that she was at the end of the wire with Budget Review and strategic forecasting for 2011. Our phone interview lasted about 35 minutes, at which time she abruptly interrupted with, "I'm sorry I've have to take this other call, thank you ..." I didn't get any "warm fuzzies" from this person on the other end of the phone. In fact a picked up a sense of "distance" in her personality. She didn't say much, asked me the typical, "So why are you looking outside of your current company?" "Why did you apply for this position", Where do you want to be in 3-5 years?" I do recall in two incidences throughout the interview, I had to ask her to repeat herself because she had me on speaker phone and she sounded as though she were in a room down the hall. I thought that was disrespectful on her part, which solidified my underlying sense that this company wasn't for me. Immediately after the interview, I called their Corporate Sales offices and asked for her email address. I then quickly composed a thank you email note and sent it off to her 10 minutes later, as well as Bc my recruiter. Recruiter left message following day to let me know that he will know something within 2-3 days on whether I would be the selected Candidate for 3rd and final interview in White Plains, NY., and to sit back until he notifies me with information. Recruiter called day later to leave detailed voice mail about his disappointment that I wasn't the chosen candidate. He said that the RSM had eluded the entire time that I was the "home run candidate", but as it turned out, the other candidate had more contacts in the county that she lived in than I had in my back pocket, due to the fact that my current company has another rep servicing that particular county. Recruiter also said that his experience has been that about 20% of all candidates who have been selected as the final candidate, and usually are flown to the Corporate offices of company, are not offered the position for whatever reasons. On that note, he told me to not rule it out and to stand by for few days, however in the meantime, he would be looking for other opportunities for me. The entire process took 2 weeks, 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to see your professional career in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking outside of your current company at this time?   Answer Question

Worked for Byram Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!