BzzAgent

BzzAgent Interview Questions

3.3

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BzzAgent in January 2014.

I applied online and I was contacted on the phone by a hiring manager to schedule an interview. I came to the company office in Boston MA for 4 back-to back interviews, 3 were technical, and one about Scrum methodology and general work routine. Interviewers were very nice and most questions were related to the relevant technologies and the working process, overall the technical team made a very good impression.

When I was done, the manager told me that I did well and he would update me in regards to the next step. However, from that point on he stopped any communication with me and when I sent a follow up email he ignored it as well.

Extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • If you were responsible for development and launch of a billing system, how would you handle a critical situation?   View Answer

Director Human Resources - Talent Acquisition & Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BzzAgent.

The initial process through email and phone interview went well. In-person interviews with the first few key department heads went well, but with so many in a row it was hard to keep momentum in the last few (can make your head spin and forget what you already said to whom). Everyone was great, I didn't end up getting an offer (they had a candidate with more direct experience), but they followed up with great feedback and reached out a few months later with another opportunity, but I had already accepted another position. Overall seems like a great company, environment and leadership team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Meeting with so many people made for a great variety of questions, all from their own perspectives within the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BzzAgent in September 2012.

Phone interview which led to a face to face interview. Everything sounded very nice through the phone etc. Until i got there for the face to face interview, which was the most uncomfortable interview i have ever had. Numerous small and big things that add up to a really disappointing experience.

- Was promised a parking spot (downtown Boston is very busy) and the people at the parking lot didn't even have my name on the list. Drove around for 20 minutes and ended up paying for one.

- The building was being used to film a movie and they scheduled my interview during the filming, which almost made me give up trying to get inside since all entrances were blocked and no one was picking up the phone (recruiters i got in touch initially). Finally got there 15 minutes late...

-Two people interviewed me and it was honestly like a bad movie's script, bad cop - good cop. Really hard and demanding questions which is not a bad thing but they kept pushing more and more, until i asked them if there was something wrong and they just told me that that's how they do interviews and i quote one of them "the more right answers you give and harder we will make it". I said okay and kept doing my best.

-The interview was supposed to last 90 minutes. After 45 minutes one of them told me he had something really important to do, halfway of me solving on board a really hard task they had given me. I thought it was rude, really rude but i kept going and finished it and then the other one looked at his phone and said he had to go too. I was like "what is going on here?"

- Last part of the interview was with the chief of technology department and again I was given a task to complete which I finished earlier than expected and completely correct. During that time the COT was looking at his phone and laughing and making weird faces, being completely rude and annoying.

Overall I did my best and did really well. Mind you I already had 2 written offers for other jobs and was going to see if I could get a third, but they did not even ANSWER to me. No email, no phone call NOTHING (said they would within a week)

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about arrays, lists and hashmaps   View Answer