C.H. Robinson Worldwide Account Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodridge, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in May 2013.

Phone interview, then personality test. If you pass that then you get a face to face interview. Pretty laid back but must know the values and history of the company.

There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2013.

Very laid back
    Spoke about work life/culture
    30 min interview
    Traditional no questions that caught me off guard
    Followed by a job shadow in with two 10 yr employees which consisted of watching how the system works and asking questions.
    One of the easier interviews I've had.

Simple. Negotiated with recruiter and got accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2010.

The interview process was professional and detailed. They allowed me to shadow current employees to get a feel for the position. They were friendly and polite. It was a good overall experience.

I did not attempt to negotiate

Account Manager Interview

You will have a phone interview, possibly two. Then you will interview with the hiring branch where they learn a little more about you and then for the second interview you will have a shadow type day where you get to learn what a typical day is like in the field.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any unexpected questions. They were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I applied online and within a couple of days received an email regarding my application. They said I was qualified and a phone interview would be next. She asked all of the expected questions (skills & weaknesses, most recent job and my duties, what I have to offer, etc.). I was told that I would be hearing back from the branch in my town, but never did. I contacted her directly about it and she apologized for the delay. In the end, I didn't make the cut. But it was another interview I can count for experience!

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time where you had to chastise an employee. Explain the situation   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

3 round interviews- 1 phone; two in person

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavior based focused. The company requires a lot of multitasking and high intensive listening skills as you will have to hold two phone conversations at multiple times as well as work on a double computer screen. They will have you do a pitch for a basic carrier load sale to a carrier rep to prove you know about the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I was called by a C.H.R. recruiter, went through a phone interview on the spot, and then was submitted for an online assessment to make sure I was the Type A personality they screen for. I came in for an interview in 2003 and it has changed since then I'm sure. I was interviewed by the branch manager and then sat with a few key individuals in the office to get a gameplan of if I could "handle" this type of position.

Interview Questions
    • This brick falls XYZ feet from a building, how fast will it hit the ground?   View Answer
    I was entry-level so I was happy to start out at $30k + bonus. You will see money at Robinson around year #3. When I left I was well over $80k, but money isn't everything folks. It is a cut-throat atmosphere, so be ready to perform or sink! I was there about 9 yrs and made my way successfully. It was good to leave on my own terms when I was ready. Don't be afraid to work hard and do things honestly and with dignity. Don't feed into the negativity or the toxicity. If you do, you will either succeed all the way or you will set a new standard. Change happens from within.

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Extremely long interview process. Expect to start with a phone interview, at least one possibly two, followed by an in person interview if you are not weeded out during the phone interview. The format for in person interview usually includes at least two people, if not a panel, interviewing you and it can last as long as 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • I recall a number of behavior based questions that can throw you for a loop if you're not prepared for them (i.e. how you handle stress, multi-tasking, overcoming an obstacle, etc.)   Answer Question
    No, all employees hired straight out of college/at the lowest salary level start at the minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Two interviews with hiring manager and an opportunity to sit with current staff to gain an understanding of work life. Very nice process and great people.

Interview Questions
    • No unusual questions or anything unexpected during the interview process.   Answer Question
    Open to negotiation, but you must know the range to do so effectively.

Anonymous Employee  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2012.

Phone interview then 4 in person interviews. Could not make their minds up. Good experience though

Interview Questions

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!