C.H. Robinson Worldwide

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

This was one of the more frustrating interview processes that I've been a part of, to be honest. I began by applying for an HR Representative position, and had a half hour phone interview that was pretty much standard stock. I was told that I'd be hearing from someone by the end of the week (roughly 3 days away). Two weeks later, I was told that I wasn't going to be considered for a position in HR, but that they thought that I'd fit as a sourcing representative. I had a two-hour interview one-on-one with the manager of the department, which was pretty loose. I got the impression that personality plays into the job more than a skill set does, which makes sense given the nature of the position.

Anyway, I felt cautiously hopeful about the interview, and then received another call saying that I wasn't right for sourcing, but that an account manager position had opened up and they thought I'd do well there. They wanted me to do another interview at the company, which I scheduled for the next day. The man that interviewed me was also pretty loose, but came down hard on the fact that I had a relatively stable career in a different field (I was in management before, but finally graduated college to pursue real dreams). It felt as though he didn't understand what I was doing there, but the conversation got rolling and things started to feel more comfortable. He explained that I was a really strong candidate because of job history but that it could be a few weeks until I heard since the job had just been posted.

I offered my references, at which point he looks down at them and then says to me, "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?" I was struck a little bit deaf and dumb for a second by the very nature of the question before assuring him that it would not. Most of the men that I've talked to about this don't see a problem with that question at all, and most of the women pick their jaws up off of the floor, so take it for whatever it's worth - as a woman, I felt awkward and sort of "put in my place."

Only a few days later, I received a generic email telling me that I wasn't the right candidate - it was disappointing, as I really did love most aspects of the company and felt that the position made a lot of sense for me, but it was also a relief after that second interview experience, frankly.

Interview Questions
    • "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Consisted of a phone interview with very broad institutional based questions, then a panel interview for an hour and thirty minutes with two supervisors, and then a shadow interview day where I sat with a team member then had a one on one interview with the branch manager.

No negotiation

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I met them at a college fair, and they seemed very open and nice. GPA does not matter as much to them, at least for IT interns, and at the location I applied for. The first interview they ask a lot of questions about you, and about what you know about the company. They really want to see how interested YOU are in the company, and how much research you did. The second interview is more technical, but not extreme. They are nice, and ask you things that you have mentioned in your resume, and give you hypothetical situations. I really enjoyed both of the interviews, and felt like they were well rounded.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about how I have setup my personal servers, and wanted details of me explaining why I chose each step.   Answer Question
    They offered me the job and I told them I would think about it. They said they were glad I was taking time, and looked forward to hearing from me. I responded a day later.

Transportation Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2013.

I met a recruiter at a job fair and get them my resume. I did 2 phone interviews. Then did an on site interview with the General Manager. I got a call back a few days later. Then negotiated pay over the phone with a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a getting to know me process, than an interview   Answer Question
    I was offer an hourly rate and since I had no experience I did not negotiate.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in August 2012.

Telephonic screening. In-person interview with 2 sets of 2 peers for one hour each, then two one-hour sessions with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Questions were all about work process; nothing technical. This turned out to be an issue because there were technical expectations that were not clarified nor provided for once on site.

Interview Questions
    Hiring Manager called with an offer. It was 5% less than previously discussed, but he mentioned a bonus plan that was not in writing (but was legitimate).

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in May 2012.

First was a recruiter screening followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and director. Third round consisted of two interviews each with two of the people on the team. Fourth round I had to come in and give a presentation to the leadership team and finally a psychological evaluation.

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair so only a little negotiation. Advice I would give is if there is something you would like you have to ask for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2012.

Professional. Strait-forward. Honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2011.

Started off with a phone screen and then moved on to a phone interview. After the phone interview, I did a personality test. Was told I was a "good fit" and had a group interview then shadowed. Was told there might be another interview if I was still a potential, but would be called either way. Have yet to hear back 4.5 weeks later.

Software Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in March 2011.

(This is just an initial post as of when I got my first phone call from the recruiter - hopefully I can post update within the next few weeks if this actually pushes through)

The position I originally applied for is actually already filled, however, the IT recruiting person was very kind to consider contacting me for a potential future position, which gave me a good first impression on the company's recruitment process. Despite the fact that I wasn't able to contact the recruitment in their initial email, they actually followed up and I made contact on the second follow-up. During the phone screening, the recruiter actually sounded interested and listened carefully to my responses to her questions (at least I hope she did). So far the questions she asked was more on the basic skills and knowledge of the job I was applying for. She mentioned she will get in touch in the next week or so on my application status, which I have no doubt she will actually follow up on it. Even if I didn't really end up with a follow-up interview with a possible guarantee of the position, the whole session ended in a pleasant note. I hope they keep it up.

Overall, future interviewees should do a little research (no need to be extensive) about the company, about the work at hand, and also the salary ranges for this, and display an attitude of interest with the position.

P.S. I saw the reviews about the work environment in this company - I admit I was skeptical about applying for a position, however, the HR experience was good so far. If I ever end up in this company hopefully the company has changed for the better since the last year.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in a job (based on your career goals)?   Answer Question
    • Questions about work background and past work experiences - why did you leave former employee.   View Answer
    • What type of experience do you have with the position you applied for?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company?   View Answer
    • What is the salary range you are looking for?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2011.

Applied online - About a week later was contacted by recruiter via phone and scheduled my first phone interview - A couple days later completed the first phone interview (30 minutes) - Then had to complete a personality test - About a week later was contacted again by recruiter with news that I was a "Good Fit" based on the personality test and scheduled a second phone interview - A few days later completed the second phone interview (1 hr) - Was contacted a few days later by recruiter who gave me contact information for the branch manager in order to schedule the panel interview - About a week later I went in for the panel interview (2 hrs) - Was contacted a couple days after the panel by branch manager to schedule shadow interview - A week and half later I attended the shadow interview (3 hrs) - A couple days later I was contacted by HR with an offer.

The interview process was long and detailed but it made me feel more confident in my interest in the position as well as reinsuring the branch manager that I was a good fit. Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice, down-to-earth, and fun. My favorite part of the interview process was the shadow interview. I got to sit down with employees in the branch and see what they do, but more importantly get a feel for the work environment. I found it to be fast paced, work hard - play hard kinda mentality, and you could see the team work and support happening around you. One minute the employees will be on the phone with a customer or trucker and the next their joking around with the person in the next cubicle. People even started throwing a nerf ball around the office in the middle of my shadow. Great interview process. Definitely worth the time!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hirer you instead of promoting or transfering somebody in from within the company?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you look for in a company?   Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation. I got the sense that most things (including salary) were written in concrete. I did attempt to negotiate the salary but didn't get anywhere. Overall the offer I received was great so I didn't see much need for negotiation.