C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

This was one of the more frustrating interview processes that I've been a part of, to be honest. I began by applying for an HR Representative position, and had a half hour phone interview that was pretty much standard stock. I was told that I'd be hearing from someone by the end of the week (roughly 3 days away). Two weeks later, I was told that I wasn't going to be considered for a position in HR, but that they thought that I'd fit as a sourcing representative. I had a two-hour interview one-on-one with the manager of the department, which was pretty loose. I got the impression that personality plays into the job more than a skill set does, which makes sense given the nature of the position.

Anyway, I felt cautiously hopeful about the interview, and then received another call saying that I wasn't right for sourcing, but that an account manager position had opened up and they thought I'd do well there. They wanted me to do another interview at the company, which I scheduled for the next day. The man that interviewed me was also pretty loose, but came down hard on the fact that I had a relatively stable career in a different field (I was in management before, but finally graduated college to pursue real dreams). It felt as though he didn't understand what I was doing there, but the conversation got rolling and things started to feel more comfortable. He explained that I was a really strong candidate because of job history but that it could be a few weeks until I heard since the job had just been posted.

I offered my references, at which point he looks down at them and then says to me, "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?" I was struck a little bit deaf and dumb for a second by the very nature of the question before assuring him that it would not. Most of the men that I've talked to about this don't see a problem with that question at all, and most of the women pick their jaws up off of the floor, so take it for whatever it's worth - as a woman, I felt awkward and sort of "put in my place."

Only a few days later, I received a generic email telling me that I wasn't the right candidate - it was disappointing, as I really did love most aspects of the company and felt that the position made a lot of sense for me, but it was also a relief after that second interview experience, frankly.

Interview Questions
    • "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?"   Answer Question

Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. After the phone interview was an interview at the branch location. The interview was very laid back and the interviewer just had me walk through my resume and elaborate on everything on it. The interview flowed well and was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, very standard.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I went to a career fair and she gave me an invitation to an Open House where about 15 of us went to the Bellevue location and got a tour. They told us to apply online afterwards. I went in for two in-person interviews. They asked many behavioral questions and I had to give many examples.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but the questions were similar so you have to have many examples   Answer Question

Shipment Information Interview

Do not remember. Went through a staffing agency just needed bodies did not ask many questions. They called and told me when my training class would start. Pretty easy training.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Consisted of a phone interview with very broad institutional based questions, then a panel interview for an hour and thirty minutes with two supervisors, and then a shadow interview day where I sat with a team member then had a one on one interview with the branch manager.

No negotiation

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I first had a campus interview and then a final interview at the office. I sat on the sales floor which was nice to see what I would be doing in the job all day. Then I had an interview with a recruiter, and then a mock sales pitch with managers. Lots of behavioral based questions - pretty typical. Everyone I met was really nice and welcoming though. Recruiter and managers were very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I had to talk about a time I exceeded goals that were set for me by a boss   Answer Question
    No negotiation

World ClassProgram Interview

I was a participant in the Sophomore Exploration Program in Chicago, IL. I interviewed in order to receive a spot in this program, and the process included many behavioral questions. Once I finished my three day visit at the CH Robinson office of Chicago, I was asked to complete a sales scenario with two managers. After leaving the program, I followed up and was told decision would be made on offering me a full time summer intern position for the next coming summer within two weeks. Unfortunately this waiting continued for over a month, from early July until August, before I received word that I had been extended an offer as an intern.

Account Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Basic interview questions. They want to go over your complete work history and see your work ethic. Phone interview lasted around thirty minutes and was very personable. The phone interview is more of you talking and them listening.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

From the second I walked in the front door, I was able to see the fast paced environment I might be working in. The hiring process started with an initial phone screen and then proceeded to an in person interview.

Entry Level Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in October 2014.

1. Applied thru C.H. Robinson career site.
    2. Contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn to get a foot in the door.
    3. Recruiter from headquarters emailed about times to have a phone interview
    4. Had a Phone Interview which was more of a discussion about the jobs I would be searching for in the future, instead of this position. The want to start an entry level person in sales at $38,000 with no commission. That is crazy! Glad I have other offers on the table and going elsewhere for a job that pays more with great potential.