C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Received an email about a week after applying for the job. Scheduled a phone interview a few days after the initial contact. Passed the phone interview and an in-person interview was scheduled for a week after the phone interview. Pretty standard interview - interviewed by two people, lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What college classes did you enjoy the most? Why should we NOT hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Well organized. Talked with corporate for a phone interview, then an in person interview. Includes an interest/personality discussion then some "what if business scenarios." Not too stressful or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Mock business review for fake company, allow you to take complete control of the meeting to discuss a scenario they had written out.   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2015.

I applied online and I was contacted within about 3 days after applying. I was very excited about the job and I studied everything about the company. I used: Forbes, glassdoor, their company website, about me section and I even studied with big interview software. I aced the first interview. I was offered a second interview. I came into the office and its almost as soon as the representative I had been speaking with saw me it started to go downhill. I feel like I answered all of the behavioral questions exceptional well, as I had thought about all my answers previously. After that, it was a sales pitch of which I sold paper to them and I feel like still I did a good job seeing as I had only 20 minutes to learn about the product, back-story and write and memorize a pitch. When I got into the sales pitch, the man had his arms folded and barely looked at me. It was so standoffish. I knew after all those signs that I would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I studied and I was well prepared.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later saying they want to schedule some time to talk to me about my resume. This lead to a phone screening with an HR Rep. She did a basic phone interview that asked about my experiences and had some behavioral questions thrown in. At the end of the call she said that they would like to have my move on and do an interview with the brand manager. They wanted me in ASAP so we scheduled it for the next day. This was a very laid back interview which basically had me take them through my resume and experience. There were also some behavioral questions here as well. Obviously, working in logistics they want someone who is very hard working and willing to do what needs to be done to serve their customers. The interview took less than 45 minutes and I walked out feeling good about the meeting.

Interview Questions
    • How competitive are you and give me examples to back that up.   Answer Question

Inter-modal Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I applied online and the next day a recruiter got in contact with me to schedule a phone interview. She called right on time not a minute later. It was a pretty basic phone interview "what do you like about your current job", "how well do you work in a team setting". After the phone interview was over she told me I would be getting an email from her to schedule my face to face interview, in the email she stated that the office is business casual but to make sure I dress perfessional. The day of my interview I showed up to the office dress up, as I was sitting in the lobby a few employees were walking by and I noticed that some of them were wearing hoodies and moccasins...I was a little take back and surprised because that is no where near business casual. The first interview was with two gentleman who asked pretty basic questions, they asked what I knew about the position and how I heard about CH Robinson. When that was over they had another 2 people come in and interview me. Who again asked pretty basic questions, some where team related, but mostly behavioral. At the end they ask if I had any questions (always ask them questions). They told me I should be hearing back from them this week or early next week. The next day I got a denial email from them.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything unexpected, you either know your stuff or you don't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

This was one of the more frustrating interview processes that I've been a part of, to be honest. I began by applying for an HR Representative position, and had a half hour phone interview that was pretty much standard stock. I was told that I'd be hearing from someone by the end of the week (roughly 3 days away). Two weeks later, I was told that I wasn't going to be considered for a position in HR, but that they thought that I'd fit as a sourcing representative. I had a two-hour interview one-on-one with the manager of the department, which was pretty loose. I got the impression that personality plays into the job more than a skill set does, which makes sense given the nature of the position.

Anyway, I felt cautiously hopeful about the interview, and then received another call saying that I wasn't right for sourcing, but that an account manager position had opened up and they thought I'd do well there. They wanted me to do another interview at the company, which I scheduled for the next day. The man that interviewed me was also pretty loose, but came down hard on the fact that I had a relatively stable career in a different field (I was in management before, but finally graduated college to pursue real dreams). It felt as though he didn't understand what I was doing there, but the conversation got rolling and things started to feel more comfortable. He explained that I was a really strong candidate because of job history but that it could be a few weeks until I heard since the job had just been posted.

I offered my references, at which point he looks down at them and then says to me, "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?" I was struck a little bit deaf and dumb for a second by the very nature of the question before assuring him that it would not. Most of the men that I've talked to about this don't see a problem with that question at all, and most of the women pick their jaws up off of the floor, so take it for whatever it's worth - as a woman, I felt awkward and sort of "put in my place."

Only a few days later, I received a generic email telling me that I wasn't the right candidate - it was disappointing, as I really did love most aspects of the company and felt that the position made a lot of sense for me, but it was also a relief after that second interview experience, frankly.

Interview Questions
    • "I see here that you've never worked under a man before - is that going to be a problem for you?"   Answer Question

Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. After the phone interview was an interview at the branch location. The interview was very laid back and the interviewer just had me walk through my resume and elaborate on everything on it. The interview flowed well and was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions, very standard.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2014.

First notice that virtually all other reviewers obtained the interview through a college. I obtained my interview through an advertisement. The phone interview was fantastic and the interviewer bumped me to the top of his list for a personal interview as he stated I was one of the most qualified people he has ever interviewed. Note that I have taken off the year I graduated from my University. When I arrived, his jaw almost fell off his face because I was not in my 20's. Interview ended quickly and the next day I received an email stating that I did not meet their qualifications, totally a 180 from what I was told during the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

I went to a career fair and she gave me an invitation to an Open House where about 15 of us went to the Bellevue location and got a tour. They told us to apply online afterwards. I went in for two in-person interviews. They asked many behavioral questions and I had to give many examples.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but the questions were similar so you have to have many examples   Answer Question

Shipment Information Interview

Do not remember. Went through a staffing agency just needed bodies did not ask many questions. They called and told me when my training class would start. Pretty easy training.