C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

It consisted mostly of the 'typical' interview questions, mind trick questions, etc. He also asked me a lot of questions about my resume as well. They were on campus at the time and mentioned that I could come by to their information session later that night. I think this was some sort of a test to see how interested I was in the position.

Inter-modal Operations Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

First was a 15-20 minute prescreen interview with someone from HR which consisted of general phone questions.

Next was an in-person interview which wasn't right away but rather flexible to meet your schedule. This interview had to phases, first phase was about 30-40 minutes of talking to 2 members of the office (one of them being your contact that set up the interview). The second phase was the same as the first but with 2 different members of the office and a different round of questions.

After these second-round interviews they'll invite you to come shadow 3-4 members of the office for a day so you can see what it is they do and you can decide whether your interested in continuing or not as well as it acts as another interview to watch how you are in the office (so don't take this lightly).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you were on a good team, and what makes a good team?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Had a phone interview with HR in MN, then set up a 1 on 1 with the branch manager. The office seems pretty laid back everyone knows each other well. My interview went about the same. Went over my resume and asked some pretty basic character questions. Main thing is exemplifying teamwork and enthusiasm.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Had about a 30 minute phone screening after applying a week prior. Basic interview, pretty simple. Scheduled an in person interview almost immediately. This one was a little more in depth. Met with managers and a supervisor. Asked what I knew about the company and how I would be a benefit to them. Nothing too hard or anything that caught me off guard. Just recently had the interview so I am still waiting to hear from them. Ended on a positive note though

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you had to deliver bad news to a consumer or customer and how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2015.

I had the phone interview which was about 30 mins.
    2nd interview: Met with the Sales manager and Strategic Sales Executive. The interview was about hour and half long.
    3rd interview: Meeting with GM and couple of sales executive.
    4th interview: shadow day

Reverse Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Set up a phone interview then went in for an in person interview with the general manager. Basically we just went over my resume and talked about the skills I acquired in previous positions. I was also asked standard interview questions. I then went on the floor and learned more about what I would be doing on a day to day basis. After that, I met with the general manager again I was able to ask questions that I had for him and then the interview ended.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you for this position over anyone else?   Answer Question

Pay and benefits weren't where I was hoping they would be.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Received an email about a week after applying for the job. Scheduled a phone interview a few days after the initial contact. Passed the phone interview and an in-person interview was scheduled for a week after the phone interview. Pretty standard interview - interviewed by two people, lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What college classes did you enjoy the most? Why should we NOT hire you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Well organized. Talked with corporate for a phone interview, then an in person interview. Includes an interest/personality discussion then some "what if business scenarios." Not too stressful or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Mock business review for fake company, allow you to take complete control of the meeting to discuss a scenario they had written out.   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2015.

I applied online and I was contacted within about 3 days after applying. I was very excited about the job and I studied everything about the company. I used: Forbes, glassdoor, their company website, about me section and I even studied with big interview software. I aced the first interview. I was offered a second interview. I came into the office and its almost as soon as the representative I had been speaking with saw me it started to go downhill. I feel like I answered all of the behavioral questions exceptional well, as I had thought about all my answers previously. After that, it was a sales pitch of which I sold paper to them and I feel like still I did a good job seeing as I had only 20 minutes to learn about the product, back-story and write and memorize a pitch. When I got into the sales pitch, the man had his arms folded and barely looked at me. It was so standoffish. I knew after all those signs that I would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I studied and I was well prepared.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2015.

1) I applied online, then contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn. I would suggest also contacting a recruiter to get your foot in the door. 20 minute initial phone screening with a general HR recruiter. She then shared two different positions with me that she thought I would be a good fit for. I had a phone call within the same day to schedule an in-person interview.
    2) Had an in-person interview with the direct Supervisor. She asked usual STAR questions and more about myself. Two other managers in the group then joined my interview, asking very in-depth questions about my experiences. The questions were pretty tough, and I'd advise anyone interviewing here to be confident in your resume and experiences - it would be easy to crumble from their pressuring questions. I then did a 15-minute job shadow in the group I'd be working with. I spent more than two hours in their offices.
    **I have interviewed with around 20 companies throughout my college career for both internships and full-time -- this interview was by far the most difficult**
    3) I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

-Entry level salary offers at CHR are around 11k less than industry standards for similar positions (comparing to 7 other company's entry-level offers), and it is an unrealistic salary with Minneapolis' high cost of living.
    -Too far of a commute
    -It seemed like it would be a fun place to work, but not worth it for the pay cut.