C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.8

Global Forwarding Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day and we did a phone screening, and then we scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I did an in-person interview with two hiring managers in Eden Prairie. Overall the interview was not too tough.

Interview Questions

• What do you wish you would have done differently in your past jobs?   Answer Question

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I have completed the over the phone interview and it lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were behavioral questions. nothing too hard. I have been invited for the face to face interview. The interviewer was pretty much reading off a script that seems to be used a lot now-a-days. questions like "name a time you were in a difficult situation with a co worker and what did you do?" or "how do you adapt to change?"

Interview Questions

• what is your definition of success?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

It's standard entry level questions that you can easily answer. Not rocket science, just answer with common sense and you'll get the job offer. You might have one or two phone interviews then go into an office for an interview and sit with someone for a little bit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an issue and how did you solve it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that lasted about 15 mins. It took some coordination to actually get on the phone with the recruiter. She neglected to update my contact info for a trip to call my cell phone, so it got postponed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked standard questions. I think after 20 years in the AF, I can multi-task without effort.   1 Answer

Acct Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in June 2015.

Interview

After phone interview, in person interview with multiple managers, AND interview with Genl Mgr, nothing! Emails and phone calls asking about job status disregarded. Never heard back from them. Pretty disrespectful and unprofessional, at least from the applicant point of view. To go through all of their interview processes, you'd think someone could at least follow up with a "thanks but no thanks email",

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted over what was supposed to be three interviews. The first interview consisted of a phone interview where a HR representative from their headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN. The representative and I went through my resume and she asked some behavior based questions. The second interview took place at the office with the office administrator and the branch general manager. We talked about my experiences as according to my resume. The questions focused on how competitive I am, how strong my work ethic was, and instances of when I have had to endure hardship and how I handled stress. The second interview had gone well and I was invited to schedule a third interview, where I would shadow other representatives for the day. However, the day before I was to attend the third interview, I received an email from the headquarters HR representative saying that they were going to proceed with another candidate. I felt like I was not given a fair shot at the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have had to endure hardship and how you responded.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter followed by 3 person panel at the job site. Very laid back, very friendly. Lasted about 45 min. The office is very casual. Hours are long, typical days are 10 -12 hours. People stay in the job 5 plus years. None of the interview question were difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

After a 15-20 minute phone interview, I was asked to do an on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted just under 2 hours, and involved meeting with 3 groups. The first 2 groups I met with were for the position I applied for and the 3rd group was for another position that they thought would potentially fit. Most of the interview consisted of questions about previous projects and experience. Some technical questions were asked, mostly generic programming questions. All of my interviewers were technical people, I was impressed that they focused on having the teams interview me rather than HR and senior managers.

Interview Questions

• They wanted some technical explanations (things like OOP, design patterns, etc.). They also asked about previous work experience and project examples.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied through college board and spoke with a recruiter over the phone who asked basic interview questions and about my background and past experience. I was then invited to an in office interview that lasted half a day. Spoke with a recruiter who gave a tour of the place and interviewed me with strictly behavioral and situational questions. I then sat in with two different account managers and it ended with a mock business review in front of the GM and corporate recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a stressful situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

The job posting title indicated it was a January start so the process was pretty quick since they were filling their class to start at the end of January. It took 4 business days to receive an email about the initial phone interview, the phone interview then took place the next day and the in-person interview 2 days after the phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 30min and consisted of basic questions about my resume and what I was looking for in a company. The standard stuff for a phone screening/interview. The in-person interview was approximately 4 hrs long. The Chicago Central office is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which is nice but there isn't a convenient way of reaching it by public transport from where I live so I drove myself and had to pay-to-park in a garage located a few blocks away (surprisingly it wasn't THAT expensive). Upon checking in at the front desk I waited patiently for the scheduled time to arrive (ALWAYS get to your interview early to scope out the place) while checking out the decor and information posted on the walls about the company. The scheduled time arrived and I met the HR rep that would be conducting my interview. The rep started with a basic introduction of the company in PowerPoint form and then showed me around the facility on the way to the second part of the interview. The second part of the interview was broken into two parts and involved me "shadowing" a sales rep on both the carrier side and the customer side of the business. Unfortunately for me, that day was "slow" according to both sales reps that I shadowed so I couldn't get a real good feel of the day-to-day operations. Since it was a slow day and I wasn't able to see how everything worked I didn't have any 'good' questions to ask except for basic stuff like "how do you like the hours/how long have you worked here for/how do you like working for the company". The third part of my interview involved me meeting with one of the instructors in charge of training the new sales reps. This part of the interview seemed the most 'normal' meaning that it was a higher up that had my resume in-hand asking me questions on my work history, why they should hire me,etc. The final part of the interview involved some role-playing with me being given a sheet of paper with a background and info about a fictional company and a goal of selling the fictional product to the buyer. This part was conducted with the original HR rep that I met with and another member of the hiring team/manager. I thanked everyone throughout the day for their time and consideration and ended the interview approximately 4 hrs after I arrived. Received a standard "we have decided to proceed with another candidate email" on Monday morning the following week. Disappointed, yes, but glad that the company actually let me know I wasn't being considered further since there are plenty of companies that won't be courteous enough to tell you.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is more important to you: money or a job title? Q: Why should we hire you instead of one of the other candidates?   Answer Question