C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was professional and detailed. They allowed me to shadow current employees to get a feel for the position. They were friendly and polite. It was a good overall experience.

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Transportation Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed up by a 4 hour interview at the company. Consisted of shadowing 2 employees for a half hour each. Then interviews with multiple people, one of which where they had you sell them something Impromtu

Interview Question – The sales pitch because I was not prepared for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt try negotiating.

Operations Representative Interview

Operations Representative
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from the HR department in Eden Prarie, MN and it was standard interview that last around 30 minutes and they set up a onsite interview right away. Then my interview onsite was done by 2 managers. They called me for a second interview when I interviewed when and I interviewed with one of the branch managers. I then had 3 supervisors interview me at the same time which made me extremely nervous.

Interview Question – How do we know if you are going to be successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Operations Interview

Operations

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – Usually start with a phone interview and then they will bring you in for an in person interview with the general manager and the supervisors that will be overlooking your position.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary - Typical how does your experience relate to this job. Where do you see yourself in 20 years. etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Interview Details – You will have a phone interview, possibly two. Then you will interview with the hiring branch where they learn a little more about you and then for the second interview you will have a shadow type day where you get to learn what a typical day is like in the field.

Interview Question – I don't think there were any unexpected questions. They were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – Hired directly by a manager. Super informal. There were no actual work related questions. Talked about what the job entailed and a little bit about myself.

Interview Question – There were no questions regarding my skills/goals/capabilities/work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Everyone starts at the same $$.

Logistics Intern Interview

Logistics Intern
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then a follow up interview in their offices. Questions were pretty basic and created a very comfortable environment. If they are interested, they'll have you shadow for about an hour to get a better feel for what you would be doing.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a hour wage but asked for higher because I was going to be moving and living off of the wage. They complied and were incredible with their hospitality.

Produce Sales Interview

Produce Sales
Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – Two very lengthy timed tests and then on-sight interview

Interview Question – None that I can remember fairly typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None they said here is the salary...

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Transportation Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – The whole process took about two weeks. I started with an on-campus interview following a career fair through my university. That passed me on to a branch interview with the sales manager and VP.

The screening interview is incredibly standard. 30min fact finding and going over my resume.

The branch interview is separated into three parts.
The initial panel of back and forth scenario type questions, more resume questions, and behavioral.
After that it's a tour around the floor and some one-on-one time with one or two different sales reps on the floor getting to know the ins and outs of their jobs.
After that it's back to the panel for follow up questions which are more or less "what did you learn" and "do you still want to work here" type questions.

Interview Question – Very simple interview process - most "difficult" questions are scenario style involving a task you would complete on the job.   Answer Question

Sales/Operations Intern Interview

Sales/Operations Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview Details – three interview stages

Interview Question – When they ask if this job is for you - And after her explaining how everything works and talking to others I understood that this wasn't for me.   Answer Question

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!