C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

From the second I walked in the front door, I was able to see the fast paced environment I might be working in. The hiring process started with an initial phone screen and then proceeded to an in person interview.

Entry Level Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in October 2014.

1. Applied thru C.H. Robinson career site.
    2. Contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn to get a foot in the door.
    3. Recruiter from headquarters emailed about times to have a phone interview
    4. Had a Phone Interview which was more of a discussion about the jobs I would be searching for in the future, instead of this position. The want to start an entry level person in sales at $38,000 with no commission. That is crazy! Glad I have other offers on the table and going elsewhere for a job that pays more with great potential.

Entry Level Sales and Data Coordinator Interview

Applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. Interview was about 30 minutes long asking typical questions. However recruiter seemed uninterested in what I had to say and didn't give much feed back. I was then contacted and told to schedule an interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Phone interview was very professional and straightforward. Interviewer called on time and was very knowledgeable about the position I was applying for. Recommended that I do an on-site interview and explained what that process was and how it would go.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Met CHR at school career fair and informational session. They took resumes/asked questions. Called about 2 weeks for phone interview then 1month later onsite interview. They offered an internship position about a month later. Although the job is very busy/multitasking/pressured during the interview they are not trying to see how you react under pressure. They want the most honesty you can provide because this position is not for everyone. If you don't like sales, don't' take this internship!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult about the interview process. They interview was very calm it was more a conversation. They are going to ask questions to see if you have a competitive streak in you. They don't have a paper test etc...   View Answer
    You can't negotiate pay.

Staff Accountant Interview

Applied online, heard back from corporate recruiter, phone screen, set up your own interview time with the hiring manager. Interview with possible co-workers then meet with the hiring manager. Given a basic accounting test then an excel test

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

First step was a basic phone interview that was roughly 30 minutes. Essentially the interview was explaining your resume as well as some situational questions. After the phone interview I was invited back for a second interview where I met with a manager and a supervisor for a 2.5 hour interview at the location. Again, we went over my resume as well as some behavioral questions (more than the phone interview) but, went into much more detail regarding the position itself. The final step was a job shadow in which it gave you a hands on idea of the position you are interviewing for. Overall the process took approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell when there was a time where you had to deal with an unpleasant customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Usually start with a phone interview and then they will bring you in for an in person interview with the general manager and the supervisors that will be overlooking your position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - Typical how does your experience relate to this job. Where do you see yourself in 20 years. etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

You will have a phone interview, possibly two. Then you will interview with the hiring branch where they learn a little more about you and then for the second interview you will have a shadow type day where you get to learn what a typical day is like in the field.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any unexpected questions. They were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Hired directly by a manager. Super informal. There were no actual work related questions. Talked about what the job entailed and a little bit about myself.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions regarding my skills/goals/capabilities/work ethic.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Everyone starts at the same $$.