C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

The job posting title indicated it was a January start so the process was pretty quick since they were filling their class to start at the end of January. It took 4 business days to receive an email about the initial phone interview, the phone interview then took place the next day and the in-person interview 2 days after the phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 30min and consisted of basic questions about my resume and what I was looking for in a company. The standard stuff for a phone screening/interview. The in-person interview was approximately 4 hrs long. The Chicago Central office is located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which is nice but there isn't a convenient way of reaching it by public transport from where I live so I drove myself and had to pay-to-park in a garage located a few blocks away (surprisingly it wasn't THAT expensive). Upon checking in at the front desk I waited patiently for the scheduled time to arrive (ALWAYS get to your interview early to scope out the place) while checking out the decor and information posted on the walls about the company. The scheduled time arrived and I met the HR rep that would be conducting my interview. The rep started with a basic introduction of the company in PowerPoint form and then showed me around the facility on the way to the second part of the interview. The second part of the interview was broken into two parts and involved me "shadowing" a sales rep on both the carrier side and the customer side of the business. Unfortunately for me, that day was "slow" according to both sales reps that I shadowed so I couldn't get a real good feel of the day-to-day operations. Since it was a slow day and I wasn't able to see how everything worked I didn't have any 'good' questions to ask except for basic stuff like "how do you like the hours/how long have you worked here for/how do you like working for the company". The third part of my interview involved me meeting with one of the instructors in charge of training the new sales reps. This part of the interview seemed the most 'normal' meaning that it was a higher up that had my resume in-hand asking me questions on my work history, why they should hire me,etc. The final part of the interview involved some role-playing with me being given a sheet of paper with a background and info about a fictional company and a goal of selling the fictional product to the buyer. This part was conducted with the original HR rep that I met with and another member of the hiring team/manager. I thanked everyone throughout the day for their time and consideration and ended the interview approximately 4 hrs after I arrived. Received a standard "we have decided to proceed with another candidate email" on Monday morning the following week. Disappointed, yes, but glad that the company actually let me know I wasn't being considered further since there are plenty of companies that won't be courteous enough to tell you.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is more important to you: money or a job title? Q: Why should we hire you instead of one of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were essentially two interviews. The first with the talent acquisition and the second with managers in the office that you'll be working in. The first interview was an hour. Consisted of basic questions that you would expect to hear. The second interview was two hours and consisted of a shadow with a floor manager, a panel interview with three people, and a role play exercise.

Interview Questions

• Role Play -with goal to increase your "business" for the client by "X" amount   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Allowed me to stay for an additional hour and shadow a couple employees. Was unsure about the company until the interview and after it I was dying to get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Moments where I have faced a problem and how I adapted. 2. What are my strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was quick and painless. First met with the HR Manager and then with the department manager. Questions were very standard to what you would expect. Overall, positive experience.

Entry Level Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Saint Cloud, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted by one of their recruiters for a phone interview. The phone interview was a half hour long and consisted of basic interview questions. After the phone interview I was told I would be contacted my the manager of one of our local branches to set up an interview within the next 3 days. A week later I was contacted for a interview in their office. The second interview was very casual and consisted of questions just getting to know you and your personality. I felt this second interview went well, but over a week later I received a generic email(!!!!!!!!!!!!!) telling my they "appreciate the time [I] spent with [them] throughout the interview and selection process. After much consideration, we do not have a career opportunity that matches your qualifications and are unable to move forward with your candidacy."No feedback or recommendations were included, and it wasn't even sent by the person I conducted the office interview with! After a month of going through this process I found this passive declination to be incredibly impersonal and callous, and would not recommend applying at C.H. Robinson to anyone.

Accounts Receivable Analyst (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked basic stuff, what classes I took in College etc, my experience in previous jobs, why I left them. I in turn asked about the company culture and how they go about developing their employees. I also stressed developing my own skills in a stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an issue with another employee   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

It consisted mostly of the 'typical' interview questions, mind trick questions, etc. He also asked me a lot of questions about my resume as well. They were on campus at the time and mentioned that I could come by to their information session later that night. I think this was some sort of a test to see how interested I was in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

First was a 15-20 minute prescreen interview with someone from HR which consisted of general phone questions. Next was an in-person interview which wasn't right away but rather flexible to meet your schedule. This interview had to phases, first phase was about 30-40 minutes of talking to 2 members of the office (one of them being your contact that set up the interview). The second phase was the same as the first but with 2 different members of the office and a different round of questions. After these second-round interviews they'll invite you to come shadow 3-4 members of the office for a day so you can see what it is they do and you can decide whether your interested in continuing or not as well as it acts as another interview to watch how you are in the office (so don't take this lightly).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were on a good team, and what makes a good team?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR in MN, then set up a 1 on 1 with the branch manager. The office seems pretty laid back everyone knows each other well. My interview went about the same. Went over my resume and asked some pretty basic character questions. Main thing is exemplifying teamwork and enthusiasm.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Had about a 30 minute phone screening after applying a week prior. Basic interview, pretty simple. Scheduled an in person interview almost immediately. This one was a little more in depth. Met with managers and a supervisor. Asked what I knew about the company and how I would be a benefit to them. Nothing too hard or anything that caught me off guard. Just recently had the interview so I am still waiting to hear from them. Ended on a positive note though

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deliver bad news to a consumer or customer and how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question