C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Accounts Receivable Analyst (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked basic stuff, what classes I took in College etc, my experience in previous jobs, why I left them.
    I in turn asked about the company culture and how they go about developing their employees. I also stressed developing my own skills in a stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an issue with another employee   Answer Question

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Allowed me to stay for an additional hour and shadow a couple employees. Was unsure about the company until the interview and after it I was dying to get the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Moments where I have faced a problem and how I adapted.
      2. What are my strengths/weaknesses

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

It consisted mostly of the 'typical' interview questions, mind trick questions, etc. He also asked me a lot of questions about my resume as well. They were on campus at the time and mentioned that I could come by to their information session later that night. I think this was some sort of a test to see how interested I was in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

First was a 15-20 minute prescreen interview with someone from HR which consisted of general phone questions.

Next was an in-person interview which wasn't right away but rather flexible to meet your schedule. This interview had to phases, first phase was about 30-40 minutes of talking to 2 members of the office (one of them being your contact that set up the interview). The second phase was the same as the first but with 2 different members of the office and a different round of questions.

After these second-round interviews they'll invite you to come shadow 3-4 members of the office for a day so you can see what it is they do and you can decide whether your interested in continuing or not as well as it acts as another interview to watch how you are in the office (so don't take this lightly).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were on a good team, and what makes a good team?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR in MN, then set up a 1 on 1 with the branch manager. The office seems pretty laid back everyone knows each other well. My interview went about the same. Went over my resume and asked some pretty basic character questions. Main thing is exemplifying teamwork and enthusiasm.

Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Had about a 30 minute phone screening after applying a week prior. Basic interview, pretty simple. Scheduled an in person interview almost immediately. This one was a little more in depth. Met with managers and a supervisor. Asked what I knew about the company and how I would be a benefit to them. Nothing too hard or anything that caught me off guard. Just recently had the interview so I am still waiting to hear from them. Ended on a positive note though

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to deliver bad news to a consumer or customer and how did you go about handling it?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Started off by applying online, when I got a call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. She asked behavioral questions as well as company specific questions and background experience. Everything went well and I proceeded to an onsite. During the onsite interview, I had two panel interviews with first a team of programmers and next a team of managers. Questions were split between technical (basic OOP concepts), behavioral, and experience. Atmosphere was good, culture was open. Initial reaction to everything was pleasant. Received an offer within a week.

Big warning about this company, they pay well below the industry average for an entry level software developer. Also, they will rescind your offer if you try to negotiate! They rescinded mine when I asked for a salary adjustment based off research of comparable job salaries in the area as well as other job offers I've received at the time. When they gave me a generic scumbag corporate response of "not being a good fit" for the company, I immediately knew this company was not for me, nor any self-respecting person, I can't even imagine working for a place like this, glad I never will. So, if you like working for a fraction of what your worth, be my guest and apply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the 4 pillars of OOP?
      What is an assertion?
      Reverse a string.
      Describe a situation where you had to work with difficult people.

Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview where we had to breakdown in teams and build a structure, we had to explain to the group how we respond to specific situations and demonstrate how to use excel.
    They had called several times stating that they were getting everyone together and would "let me know" when the interview will take place.
    Weird part was that the manager who was interviewing had her husband and son in the room writing on the board.
    Very very strange place!!!!!

Reverse Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Set up a phone interview then went in for an in person interview with the general manager. Basically we just went over my resume and talked about the skills I acquired in previous positions. I was also asked standard interview questions. I then went on the floor and learned more about what I would be doing on a day to day basis. After that, I met with the general manager again I was able to ask questions that I had for him and then the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position over anyone else?   Answer Question

Pay and benefits weren't where I was hoping they would be.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in February 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview which was about 30 mins.
    2nd interview: Met with the Sales manager and Strategic Sales Executive. The interview was about hour and half long.
    3rd interview: Meeting with GM and couple of sales executive.
    4th interview: shadow day