C.H. Robinson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015
Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Global Forwarding Agent Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. After the phone interview was an interview at the branch location. The interview was very laid back and the interviewer just had me walk through my resume and elaborate on everything on it. The interview flowed well and was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions, very standard.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide in December 2014.

Interview

First notice that virtually all other reviewers obtained the interview through a college. I obtained my interview through an advertisement. The phone interview was fantastic and the interviewer bumped me to the top of his list for a personal interview as he stated I was one of the most qualified people he has ever interviewed. Note that I have taken off the year I graduated from my University. When I arrived, his jaw almost fell off his face because I was not in my 20's. Interview ended quickly and the next day I received an email stating that I did not meet their qualifications, totally a 180 from what I was told during the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I went to a career fair and she gave me an invitation to an Open House where about 15 of us went to the Bellevue location and got a tour. They told us to apply online afterwards. I went in for two in-person interviews. They asked many behavioral questions and I had to give many examples.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but the questions were similar so you have to have many examples   Answer Question

Shipment Information Interview

Interview

Do not remember. Went through a staffing agency just needed bodies did not ask many questions. They called and told me when my training class would start. Pretty easy training.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with very broad institutional based questions, then a panel interview for an hour and thirty minutes with two supervisors, and then a shadow interview day where I sat with a team member then had a one on one interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first had a campus interview and then a final interview at the office. I sat on the sales floor which was nice to see what I would be doing in the job all day. Then I had an interview with a recruiter, and then a mock sales pitch with managers. Lots of behavioral based questions - pretty typical. Everyone I met was really nice and welcoming though. Recruiter and managers were very laid back and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I had to talk about a time I exceeded goals that were set for me by a boss   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

World ClassProgram Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

I was a participant in the Sophomore Exploration Program in Chicago, IL. I interviewed in order to receive a spot in this program, and the process included many behavioral questions. Once I finished my three day visit at the CH Robinson office of Chicago, I was asked to complete a sales scenario with two managers. After leaving the program, I followed up and was told decision would be made on offering me a full time summer intern position for the next coming summer within two weeks. Unfortunately this waiting continued for over a month, from early July until August, before I received word that I had been extended an offer as an intern.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide.

Interview

Basic interview questions. They want to go over your complete work history and see your work ethic. Phone interview lasted around thirty minutes and was very personable. The phone interview is more of you talking and them listening.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Rochester, MN).

Interview

From the second I walked in the front door, I was able to see the fast paced environment I might be working in. The hiring process started with an initial phone screen and then proceeded to an in person interview.

Entry Level Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (Woodridge, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

1. Applied thru C.H. Robinson career site.
    2. Contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn to get a foot in the door.
    3. Recruiter from headquarters emailed about times to have a phone interview
    4. Had a Phone Interview which was more of a discussion about the jobs I would be searching for in the future, instead of this position. The want to start an entry level person in sales at $38,000 with no commission. That is crazy! Glad I have other offers on the table and going elsewhere for a job that pays more with great potential.